Who has the better RB's?

OrangeCrush18

RUSHING GP--Att--Gain---Loss---Net---Avg--TD--Long---Avg/G

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C. Williams 4... 82....425.....30.....395....4.8....3....22......98.8

Ronnie Brown 3.....31....269.....0......269....8.7....1....59......89.7

RUSHING GP--Att--Gain--Loss--Net---Avg--TD--Long--Avg/G

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cedric Houston 3....37....317....7.....310....8.4....2......37....103.3

Gerald Riggs 3....44.....260...2......258...5.9....1......20......86.0

C. Williams has doubled Houstons attempts and look at the average's!

SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.....I LOVE IT!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you'll find any Auburn fan who will concede UT's running backs to be better than AU's.

Consider the level of competition each team has played so far. Each has two patsies. UT played UF....how is their defense? AU played LSU....theirs is awesome.

I personally believe that Auburn has the finest pair of running backs in college football. :au:

I hope your not serious..or you are truly an unrealistic fan....Can we say Orange Colored Glasses?...not to take anything away from the UT backs, because they are very good...but come on...

utee may have the best set of running backs in the state of tennessee, but they're nowhere close to Auburn's. Or lsu's for that matter.

I hope you weren't including Derrick Tinsley in your 4-headed analysis.....

Darn it! ALL we have to take up to knoxville is two little old average rbs.

How can we even think we have a chance? Should we even make the trip?

Wouldn't we be better served to throw in the towel now? :blink:

UT's backs are nothing to sneeze at, but Auburn's are NFL caliber. One partial season of gaudy numbers doesn't mean Houston & Co are suddenly on the same level. If Caddy and Ronnie had been left in against ULM and Citadel (and MSU for that matter) just to rack up yards, you'd see a different picture. Cadillac got 95 yds against Citadel and a quarter and a half. Ronnie didn't even play. Similar story against ULM.

Not so much a question of better as proven. Better is subjective. I think Walter Peyton was the greatest running back of all time. My dad argues Jim Brown.

You cannot prove or disprove "better."

Carnell and Ronnie are proven while Houston and Riggs have promise. In their one head-to-head match up CW & RB rang up 250 yards and all of UTK's backs combined racked up 4.

Let us not forget that the highest rated running back to come out of Tennessee in the last ten years is Carl Stewart.

Oh my God, Atomic. That's the coolest sig I've ever seen. And the catchy little phrase, "The Committee". That sig and cool phrase is by far the most intimidating thing I've ever seen. With that going for you, how can anyone dispute that these are the finest running backs in the history of college football?

I'm not even going to watch the game this weekend. Why should I with the unbelievable carnage these wonder backs are going to inflict on my beloved AU? Damn, what a sig...

Oh my God, Atomic.  That's the coolest sig I've ever seen.  And the catchy little phrase, "The Committee".  That sig and cool phrase is by far the most intimidating thing I've ever seen.  With that going for you, how can anyone dispute that these are the finest running backs in the history of college football?

I'm not even going to watch the game this weekend.  Why should I with the unbelievable carnage these wonder backs are going to inflict on my beloved AU?  Damn, what a sig...

105683[/snapback]

Damn dude who S@$t in your cheerios this morning. Yeah i wouldnt watch yall fall out of the top ten this weekend either. Look at it this way at least yall can still be the best in the west.

Wait-wait I've got one...

Broughton, Brown, Bryant and Gibbs!!!---

AKA "THE STAFF"

Citadel Running Backs

Now they average about 37 yards per carry when you add them together and cross multiply. They are much better than our poor little :au: backs.

Actually, I had Cocoa Puffs for breakfast. :P

If it weren't for several unbelievably bad, homer calls, you guys would be somewhere around...oh, say 20th and 0-1 in the east. And how in the world did UT swing a schedule with every game in 2004 at Neyland Stadium?

Career Average Yards per game:

Williams: 87.5

Brown: 52.9

Houston: 49.7

Riggs: 23.4

Avg. TD per carry:

Williams: 16.2

Brown: 18.6

Houston: 32.4

Riggs: 53.5

Avg. Per Carry:

Houston: 5.43

Brown: 5.27

Williams: 5.24

Riggs: 4.80

Tinsley

105671[/snapback]

Tinsley's dad signed his death warrant when he told Tuberville that he would 'rue the day he signed Carnell Williams instead of his son. His son was going to be a star in the SEC, and Carnell was just too small to succeed at the D-1 level.' That has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Tinsley has what 400 career rushing yards??

Oh ACP, we won due to an official making a correct call at a crucial time and utee won due to an official making 2 incorrect calls at a crucial time. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Against the SEC:

Cedric Houston ( 16 SEC games ):

907yds-206-6tds / 4.40 avg

56.7 yds per game

3-100yd games

Carnell Williams ( 20 games ):

2044yds-386-24tds / 5.29 avg

102.2 yds per game

10-100yd games

Ronnie Brown ( 22 games ):

1308yds-245-11tds / 5.34 avg

59.4 yds per game