Who has the better RB's?

OrangeCrush18

Now dadgummit Stat. I've already warned Bam about using FACTS in your argument. If you want to be really convincing, you've gotta create a cool sig and catch phrase for the players. THAT'S what wins ball games. B)B)B)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to be really convincing, you've gotta create a cool sig and catch phrase for the players.  THAT'S what wins ball games. B)   B)   B)

105715[/snapback]

I'm too old to go back to high school... :roflol:

A whole lot of "smack" talk coming from "AU north". Oh well, mighty big talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Time will tell...Remember, He who laughs LAST....... :beer2:

You wont get me to diss your running three studs like Jerald Watson, Brad Lester and Carl Stewart (4a-Tennessee Mr. Football 2002) have to wait in line behind Ronnie, Caddy, and some white boy, you know we are STACKED at RB.

We made up a cute little name for our RB corp last year. Look where it got us.

On of the best backs in the nation, you will see him on Sunday next year.

105705[/snapback]

Picking up trash on the highway ? Picture at the post office ? Taking my money at the drive-through ? Taking my money on the street ?

I'm sure Fulmer is extremely grateful that Tuberville saved him from wasting 2 scholarships on Williams and Brown after he (Fulmer) mistakenly recruited them so heavily. Obviously they would have been a total waste of Fulmer's precious Big Orange schollies... :roflol:

I don't think there is a coach in college football that would choose any Tennessee back over Carnell or Ronnie if he could only sign one.

Let's push the rewind button...RRRrrrrrrrrrr stop....Does any UT fan remember last year?Carnell rushed for 189 yards against you and Ronnie got around 67 yards...that's about 250 yards rushing....HEllO how many did Houston get and his committee?I don't recall them even being a threat.Clausen yes but the running game?Has it gotten that good in 12 months? :au:

UT's running attack was VERY impressive last year :blink: . Pretty much the same song and dance this year right???

What did Carnell hang on you guys last year??? Almost 200yds??? And that was with no offensive coordinator. The only way CW and/or RB don't reach 100 yds each, is if they pull hamstrings on their wind sprint TDs... :D

:au:

LMAO we shall see

105663[/snapback]

Me thinks we shall. Caddy and Ronnie are just on another level than the UT backs.

I would take Auburn's RB's over anyone else in SEC

By FAR

105782[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Alley Broussard have 84 yards on 10 carries compared to Caddy's 75 on 18? Or is that just the defensive powerhouse that is LSU? ;)

I would take Auburn's RB's over anyone else in SEC

By FAR

105782[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Alley Broussard have 84 yards on 10 carries compared to Caddy's 75 on 18? Or is that just the defensive powerhouse that is LSU? ;)

105901[/snapback]

Oh my god....how can I forget about Alley Broussard? The same man who ran for almost 1/4th of his career rushing yards two saturdays ago? The same man with two 100 yards rushing games against powerhouse LA Tech and 5 win South Carolina?????

HOW COULD I FORGET HIM AND NOT PUT LSU #1?

WHY GOD? WHY??????

It's all O-line. If we had the O-line of LSU or UT, Cadillac and Ronnie would be unstoppable. Cadillac and Ronnie are only the best in the nation with the line we got now.

Could you imagine Ronnie or Carnell with Denver Broncos running system and O-Line? Daaang.

:ut:

Could you imagine Ronnie or Carnell with Denver Broncos running system and O-Line?  Daaang.

105917[/snapback]

Nope but we will definitely take Cadillac at Dallas next year....I know this has been talked about before but i just figured i would post it. Trust me i would take any one of those backs but Im pleased with the effort that our backs have given us this year and i think its more of attitude change than anything else. Like i said before i think we will both get ours running it will be up to Campbell or Ainge/Schaeffer that wins it IMO. Auburn tailbacks nearly landed with Vols

By JOHN ZENOR, AP Sports Writer

September 29, 2004

AUBURN, Ala. - For both Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown, the first choice was to play for Tennessee.

Instead, the two star tailbacks ended up at Auburn and will be playing at Neyland Stadium for the first time Saturday, when the eighth-ranked Tigers visit the No. 10 Volunteers.

Advertisement

"Man, I can't really explain the feeling I've got right now, just going back there and playing ball," Williams said. "I've sat in those stands.

"At one time, that's where I thought I was going."

Then, coach Tommy Tuberville and six assistants visited his house in Attalla, Ala., and persuaded Williams not to cancel his visit to Auburn.

Brown, from Cartersville, Ga., also verbally committed to Tennessee, but changed his plans partly because of a recruiting scandal at the time that he thought might land the Vols on NCAA probation.

"I just changed my mind a couple of days before signing day," he said.

Good thing for Auburn, too.

Williams and Brown, who arrived a year apart, have become two of the school's most prolific runners. They rank fourth and fifth in the league in rushing even though Brown sat out The Citadel game to rest a tender hamstring.

Both were big parts of Auburn's win over the Vols (3-0, 1-0) last season. Williams had 36 carries for 185 yards while Brown gained 65 yards on 12 carries, and both scored touchdowns for the Tigers (4-0, 2-0 Southeastern Conference).

"That game was the first time we really showed the 1-2 punch with Ronnie and Carnell," said Tuberville. "I mean, one guy got tired and the other one went in and we never missed a beat. The other times one was playing because the other was injured.

"I thought that was really the coming-out party of both those guys having a big game on each side."

Williams and Brown share the backfield at times in Auburn's new offense, and both have lined up at receiver.

Williams' senior season hasn't gone quite as well as expected. He has 395 yards and three touchdowns, but has been held shy of 100 yards in the past two games with defenses keying on him. He doesn't have a run longer than 22 yards.

Quarterback Jason Campbell has a simple explanation for that.

"Every time he gets the ball, there's four of five guys trying to tackle him," Campbell said. "They're trying to swarm to him."

Brown is averaging 8.7 yards on 31 carries, including a 59-yarder against Mississippi State when both reached 100 yards for the first time in the same game.

Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer isn't fretting too much over losing out on Brown and Williams. He has Cedric Houston and Gerald Riggs powering the SEC's top running game.

"Carnell has had a heck of a career there, and Ced has had a good career here and he's having a great year so far this year," Fulmer said.

Williams went to a couple of games at Neyland Stadium while in high school.

"After my visit with them, I really felt like that's where I was going, because I felt at home," he said. "Coach Tubs came to my home and changed my mind."

Tuberville targeted Williams shortly after arriving at Auburn in 1998. The first prep game he attended was when Williams and Etowah County won the Alabama state championship.

"You could tell the difference, what type of running back he was," Tuberville said. "He set himself apart from everybody on the field. We knew how good he was, and he hasn't disappointed. He's been even better than we thought."

Copyright 2004, Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Click for permission to reprint

key word is NEARLY

I can't wait for the game it's going to be great I think it will be close but I hope we blow ya'll out. I think if we can run like we did last year that will be one of the biggest keys also if we can exploit your young secondary.

I will say

AU 28

UT 24

how are the boys going to get caddy? they're gonna be AT LEAST a 9 win team this year which, barring trade, eliminates them from the sweepstakes. he's a lock for one of the first three picks in the draft.

Let's push the rewind button...RRRrrrrrrrrrr stop....Does any UT fan remember last year?Carnell rushed for 189 yards against you and Ronnie got around 67 yards...that's about 250 yards rushing....HEllO how many did Houston get and his committee?I don't recall them even being a threat.Clausen yes but the running game?Has it gotten that good in 12 months? :au:

105789[/snapback]

UT ran for a net total of 4 yards on 16 carries. I believe 7 of those carries were by QB's scrambling though. So 4 yards on 9 carries.

That should be good enough for the 45th pick of the 943rd round of the Wyoming Women's Handicapped football league.

Man Kyle that was cold. Accurate but cold.

There is no doubt AU has the best 1-2 in the country, but UT has a pretty good ground game behind an awesome O line this year.

:ut:

Ummm...wrong school buddy. Bammer is the insult you use on me...I think 'barners' is what you were looking for.

Although I hardly feel the guys on this board deserve that either :D;)

Archived