HUGE Unexpected Recruiting News Coming Within 24 hours!

AUSportTalk

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm being told JaQuay is expected to pick AU on Saturday.  However, that's not exactly blindsiding news, and it doesn't fit the "within 24 hours" timeframe.  

On the OT note I would love for it to be D.J. Humphries or Andrus Peat. I don't think it would be Callahan or Miller because this wouldn't be that "blindsiding". Whoever it is I'm sure its HUGE and I'm pumped.

Id be kinda excited for a young RB who made a terrible mistake (as kids are apt to do) and signed with a team on the Northwest Coast.  He really loves Auburn.  Love to see him get a second chance.  Nice thought anyway.

Is there any way in heck it could be BC? Surely the turd checks have cleared by now. He could say "give me a full release or I will rat you out".

P.S. on another board from someone who can be trusted. Tomorrow and Sunday or Monday. Two guys. One O and one D at positions we deperately need and neither was expected to be in the O & B. TIFWIW

well one of the posters who lives in Bradenton on a Gator site just posted that Blakely is enrolling at AU tomorrow and Muschamp is allowing the transfer to AU, but he'll still have to sit out one year.

well one of the posters who lives in Bradenton on a Gator site just posted that Blakely is enrolling at AU tomorrow and Muschamp is allowing the transfer to AU, but he'll still have to sit out one year.

Wow. I hope that guy knows what he is talking about.

I wonder what kind of effect this would have on guys like Marshall and Yeldon?

Truth of the matter on that situation....I have learned with the last two recruiting classes is it's better to have RB's in the basket instead of thinking we know where the other eggs are. JMO

P.S. We need every RB we can get. We are deathly thin at the RB position.

Thought you guys might like this, it's from a poster who's got some good info over at the Montgomery Advertiser HABOTN:

Our QB prospect for 2012 is making some bold predictions about who is coming to AU.  So far he is getting the #1 RB, #1 WR, #1 OT, to set up visits to AU.  This kid is pushing harder than any recruit we have had.

Truth of the matter on that situation....I have learned with the last two recruiting classes is it's better to have RB's in the basket instead of thinking we know where the other eggs are. JMO

That might be but a guy who burned us once and left uf quickly.  Who just had some kind of shoulder surgery no telling how bad seems just as risky as recruiting other guys.

That might be but a guy who burned us once and left uf quickly.  Who just had some kind of shoulder surgery no telling how bad seems just as risky as recruiting other guys.

That is true, but he will have to sit a year so his shoulder could heel. He will still have 4 years eligibility also. He was our #1 choice at RB from everything I heard last season.

Am I the only one that thinks the Blakely angle is a little underwhelming? It would be big news for sure, but I saw this playing out a little different the way it was presented.

This is probably not what your talking about ST, but I heard Blakely was visiting next week.

Why not THIS week?    ;D

That is true, but he will have to sit a year so his shoulder could heel. He will still have 4 years eligibility also. He was our #1 choice at RB from everything I heard last season.

If that is who it turns out to be I will just temper my enthusiasm for a while.  I also don't think uf would ever release him to someone in the sec.  Boom is not as dumb as holtz.

Archived