Heisman hopeful...

OrangeCrush18

Carnell's Heisman dreams wont come true. I've been over this since the beginning of the year. The offense is just too balanced for him to put up Heisman numbers. You wont see me balling over that one. Just going CRAZY when he puts up huge #s against UT!!

Exactly...as long as he puts up big numbers against UT then who cares whether or not he wins the Heisman. I am sure that if you talk to him, he would much rather the football team be having the success it is having and will continue to have than to be up for the Heisman.

WAR EAGLE AND BEAT THE VOLS!!!

even more of a reason to consider the heisman a joke.

Did anybody see pollack's name on there?? guy isn't even in the top 50 in the SEC in tackles and he's on the heisman short list. too funny.

Did anybody see pollack's name on there?? guy isn't even in the top 50 in the SEC in tackles and he's on the heisman short list. too funny.

Pollack deserves to be on that list, quite easily after the last 3 games....had incredible games against Marshall and USC. Blocked punt in the Southern game as well.

Greene has no right whatsoever to be there

Far too much in the way of campaigning and politics for the Heisman race to be legit. All the hype shouldn't be allowed and the talk about Heisman candidates shouldn't start until about mid season, when everyone has had a chance to get into their conference, play some real games and start showing some consistency in how they play each week.

Every now and then a Barry Sanders wins the Heisman (a guy not mentioned for the award in preseason, who wins it on the field) and it restores my faith in the award. They should get rid of all the awards for every possible position on the field (name last year's Lou Groza winner) and instead make every position eligible for the Heisman...

Far too much in the way of campaigning and politics for the Heisman race to be legit.  All the hype shouldn't be allowed and the talk about Heisman candidates shouldn't start until about mid season, when everyone has had a chance to get into their conference, play some real games and start showing some consistency in how they play each week.

105800[/snapback]

Jonathan Nichols, Ole Miss. Your point? You might as well ask the media to also refrain from conducting pre-season polls or people picking their lists of weekly winners. Good luck.

Any player that has a good game will be put on a Heisman list. Defensive players won't be picked -- not unless they can also catch the ball, too (hey to Charles Woodson.) Maybe Richt should see if David Pollack can play TE or FB?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Southlink.

Me TOO!....Down right frightening ! ! ! ! :blink::)

Archived