REal worried

WaReAgLe57

I am a huge Auburn fan but, i know how we get on the road especially in big games. And with this being in tenn. and their huge stadium and HUGE CROWD thats the only worry i have as of now, but if it were in au i would have no worries. Unfortunately its in tenn. so until this saturday i hope my thoughts about AU on the road in big games will fall apart....Whats your thoughts?

:AUBig:

thats a good point, but if i am not mistaken we have never beaten LSU and UT in the same year. Where is Stattiger when you need him?

:au:

There is something about this team that makes me believe it is special. I see nothing but good things happening in Knoxville. Our OL may be the key to winning this game. I do believe our kids will lay it on the line, and thats all one can really ask for.

thats a good point, but if i am not mistaken we have never beaten LSU and UT in the same year. Where is Stattiger when you need him?

105848[/snapback]

How often have we PLAYED UT and LSU in the same year? Not too many times, I'd guess. Hey, we also have a losing record to Vandy . for what its worth. :P

57, you're right...we've never beaten LSU and Tennessee in the same season...and I submit that it is one of those quirky, yet ultimately meaningless facts.

We evened it up with Vandy last season all-time...they owned us back in the no-facemask days.

API50, i hope you are right it would be great if our guys can have a good season we are over due for a sec championship and maybe this could be the year.

Auraptor & STAG-91

wow thats an amazing fact about the auv vandy record i didn't know that

and i am not quite sure how many times we have played lsu and ut in the same season.

This game should let us know much more about our team. I am interested to see how our DL does against Tenn OL and running game. If we can stop the Tenn running game then we may be really good on D. The LSU game gave us hope. This game will affirm that performance, I hope. The Tenn freshman QB will be really tested if their running game goes south. A Big week for the East and West and some answers also.

I am also interested to see how Fason does against Arkansas. I think that Arkansas seems to have a real problem in their DL and LBs. Well see.

auskull i have to admit i can't wait to see that either, i think that we will beable to slow down the run but not stop it. Also their 2 qb system seems to work very well but they haven't really faced any good defenses until the florida game and even florida's defense isn't that great and Tenn. struggled, but like i said if we can slow down the run i think we will have trouble with their passing threat. But for our offense their secondary looks to be the weak point.

and to WarEagle_57 sry i didn't realize u already had this name,again i apologize.

If we win on Saturday it would be a great b-day present for me....lucky # 17

WAR EAGLE!

I'm with you 57...all I can think about is the last time we went up there in '99 and I might as well gag myself. I'm hoping for a better showing this time. I like our offense matched up against their defense. If they let some dude from LaTech run all over them and the dude from FL, I have no doubts that Carnell and Ronnie will pick up where they left off last year.

Their rookie QB's are still a mystery to me. Let's see how they look against a real defense.

Just the opposite for me: I ain't worried. I have a good feeling about this game. The offense is about to be unleashed: Campbell moves the O with ease and the firm of Brown & Williams busts out with +100-yd games each. The AU D is still playing with a chip on its' shoulder -- this time for all 4 quarters. Then there's this little intangible called desire. Schaeffer & Ainge are indeed talented QBs and will both make their mark on the SEC in the future ... eventually. They are still freshmen and are subject to freshman-like mistakes. Everybody goes through this. No exceptions (except maybe, Chris Leak.) Campbell, Brown & Williams and 15 others are seniors and know this is their absolute last chance at the brass ring. Brown & Williams both turned down pro careers to play one more season for dear old :au: . Which team has the most to play for? Which team do you suspect wants it more and is doing a slow burn inside? I'm not predicting a score but I'll say this -- the game won't be close. :au: WDE

wish i could have the same mid-set as you AUloggerhead, but i will always be nervous about away games basically in the SEC every team has a chance, even these 2 talented teams, which will be a hard fought game. But i think the only difference in this game is the atmosphere. The tenn. players also have a chip on their shoulder that they are looking to get rid of(last years game), and in a stadium with 100,000+ any thing can go wrong. In the LSU game jason called alot of audibles when he saw the defensive front, but i am not sure if our team mates will beable to hear his calls in this loud crowd. If we don't take the crowd out in the first quarter it will be along night.

aucanucktiger

i hope your wrong 2..... :(

AuNuma1

yes that was a long game, but i think and hope that our time is due to win in tenny but we almost always shoot ourselves in the foot by doing something stupid, if we can keep ourselves in check then we may have a chance........ and hopefully let the caddy and H2 get alot of miles.

This game and Georgia are our 2 losses this year. UT by 4. Hope I'm wrong...

105875[/snapback]

I gotta see how UGA is playing around November to pick them as a potential loss. I think if we played tomorrow, we'd win hands down. Their offense isn't living up to its potential right now. When it does, I think they will be one of the top teams in the country.

more concerned with our dline and linebackers against their oline than anything else. i can't see them passing all over us. i can't see them shutting down the run all day. i can't see jason playing a bad game really. but if they can run on us, they can control the clock, and we can't pressure the freshmen. it's still a mystery to me how AT and travis are able to play linebacker so well when they weigh 210 on a good day.

... it's still a mystery to me how AT and travis are able to play linebacker so well when they weigh 210 on a good day.

106549[/snapback]

You might want to ask the same question of SC LB, Matt Grootegoed. 5-11, 216, All American, and Butkus Award semi-finalist last season. Link

Playing LB isn't all about size. It's about playing smart, and it helps if you have speed. AW & TW play with smarts & speed.

Archived