Deon Bush

El Tiburon

Ricardo doing a little recruiting for us too. These early commits have been AUMAZING!!

I don't want to say "I told you so"... but  :tease: Seriously though, these guys are REALLY good friends, and Bush is VERY high on the coaches board! More to come on his visit later... he's staying tonight and leaving tomorrow!  :)

:we:

With a new leader, or as a commit?  :dunno:  :D  You know since you're in your "I told ya so" phase!   ;)

I was referring to your comment about Louis helping recruit Bush. I don't expect Bush to commit, but then again, I didn't expect Louis to either, so.............

Yea, I figured that. I was just seeing how much I could squeeze out of you.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people are surprised/upset by Blanks choosing the Auburn knockoff school, but even though I believe Blanks be more talented I feel as if Bush's addition could be more beneficial to our program.

1- Team Chemistry- Ricardo Louis and Deon Bush are best friends. As seen in recent events such as the Blakely situation, feeling at "home" early plays a crucial role in the development and satisfaction of a player. I don't believe any person could ever attend Auburn and still not be able to call it home, for both Ricardo and Deon, starting school with a friend, especially a best friend, would definitely expedite that process. I view it as a similar situation as an out of state student who came into Auburn not knowing anyone, everyone at Auburn will be exceedingly nice and accepting but it still takes time to find your niche. Let's also not forget that while Florida and Alabama share a border, a drive to Auburn from Miami is 11 hours. We can't risk someone as important as Ricardo (or Bush) getting homesick

2- Recruiting- It is no secret that if you can recruit southern Florida you can win championships. Schnellenberger was largely the first to prove it at the start of the 80s with others picking up the pieces and continuing where he left off at U Miami then Florida since the 90s has also demonstrated this. We have done a decent job recruiting southern FL under CGC as last year we picked up Robenson Therezie, Tre Mason and Brandon Fulse and in the 2010 class we snatched up Corey Lemonier and Cody Parkey. While it takes time to lay down the foundation for a region to pipeline to a school, I believe we are able to do just that with southern Florida. This foundation can't be laid though unless it is done sooner rather than later. Muschamp & Co are determined to pick up where Urban Meyer left off in almost never allowing FL recruits they desire to leave the state and U Miami is attempting to reclaim old glory and Al Golden is doing a good job so far recruiting for it.

3- Deon Bush is really that good. While Blanks is a phenomenal prospect I would love to see sporting the AU, Bush is definitely in the same league in my opinion. The man is an interception machine. There are some people who always seem to be in the right place at the right time when playing sports and when it comes to interceptions, his highlight film seems to suggest that Bush always is in the right place. Also, at 6'1 175 ish and runs approx a 4.4, his measurable are similar to Blanks.

PS. As long as it is kept under control, which I know our coaching staff will be able to do, I like the swagger and style of play some of the Miami players traditionally have as long as it isn't dirty. I know a lot of people disagree and detest it but it shows that they love competing and playing the game. Not to mention I find it entertaining and fun to watch. Just me though

I know a lot of people are surprised/upset by Blanks choosing the Auburn knockoff school, but even though I believe Blanks be more talented I feel as if Bush's addition could be more beneficial to our program.

1- Team Chemistry- Ricardo Louis and Deon Bush are best friends. As seen in recent events such as the Blakely situation, feeling at "home" early plays a crucial role in the development and satisfaction of a player. I don't believe any person could ever attend Auburn and still not be able to call it home, for both Ricardo and Deon, starting school with a friend, especially a best friend, would definitely expedite that process. I view it as a similar situation as an out of state student who came into Auburn not knowing anyone, everyone at Auburn will be exceedingly nice and accepting but it still takes time to find your niche. Let's also not forget that while Florida and Alabama share a border, a drive to Auburn from Miami is 11 hours. We can't risk someone as important as Ricardo (or Bush) getting homesick

2- Recruiting- It is no secret that if you can recruit southern Florida you can win championships. Schnellenberger was largely the first to prove it at the start of the 80s with others picking up the pieces and continuing where he left off at U Miami then Florida since the 90s has also demonstrated this. We have done a decent job recruiting southern FL under CGC as last year we picked up Robenson Therezie, Tre Mason and Brandon Fulse and in the 2010 class we snatched up Corey Lemonier and Cody Parkey. While it takes time to lay down the foundation for a region to pipeline to a school, I believe we are able to do just that with southern Florida. This foundation can't be laid though unless it is done sooner rather than later. Muschamp & Co are determined to pick up where Urban Meyer left off in almost never allowing FL recruits they desire to leave the state and U Miami is attempting to reclaim old glory and Al Golden is doing a good job so far recruiting for it.

3- Deon Bush is really that good. While Blanks is a phenomenal prospect I would love to see sporting the AU, Bush is definitely in the same league in my opinion. The man is an interception machine. There are some people who always seem to be in the right place at the right time when playing sports and when it comes to interceptions, his highlight film seems to suggest that Bush always is in the right place.

Great post!  :bow::thumbsup:

Chizik grew up in Florida, so he definitely knows that Florida is a major priority. Not only has he snagged some GREAT prospects from Florida, but his assistants have their connections in different regions and this helps more than most know. Grimes knows the West Coast, Luper, Trooper, and Malzahn know the Southwest/Midwest, and Boulware, Lolley, Roof, and Pelton who replaced Rocker has some great connections in Georgia. And not to mention Trooper has a few connections in the Upper Southeast region. Plus Roof has connections through Minnesota as well. Chizik assembled a top notch group of guys and is enjoying the spoils of his hard labor early in his career at Auburn. Relentless recruiting!

Great post!   :bow::thumbsup:

Chizik grew up in Florida, so he definitely knows that Florida is a major priority. Not only has he snagged some GREAT prospects from Florida, but his assistants have their connections in different regions and this helps more than most know. Grimes knows the West Coast, Luper, Trooper, and Malzahn know the Southwest/Midwest, and Boulware, Lolley, Roof, and Pelton who replaced Rocker has some great connections in Georgia. And not to mention Trooper has a few connections in the Upper Southeast region. Plus Roof has connections through Minnesota as well. Chizik assembled a top notch group of guys and is enjoying the spoils of his hard labor early in his career at Auburn. Relentless recruiting!

I am simply trying to point out with the recruiting point that Florida is a hotbed and we can still do a better job recruiting there. Having and developing connections are the first step but getting the recruits is the next. With Muschamp doing a good job at not letting the Florida recruiting scene have too much of a hiccup and Al Golden doing a good job so far, in my opinion the door will start to close. Let's just hope that our coaches don't just get a foot in the door but fling it wide open in coming years because I believe it will lead to continued success. I truly believe adding Deon Bush could be isntrumental in doing that, especially in this year's class with the talent surrounding south beach

I played his brother Gary in the NCAA football video game when I was in high school.....you guys know what team I picked. WAR EAGLE!

I am simply trying to point out with the recruiting point that Florida is a hotbed and we can still do a better job recruiting there. Having and developing connections are the first step but getting the recruits is the next. With Muschamp doing a good job at not letting the Florida recruiting scene have too much of a hiccup and Al Golden doing a good job so far, in my opinion the door will start to close. Let's just hope that our coaches don't just get a foot in the door but fling it wide open in coming years because I believe it will lead to continued success. I truly believe adding Deon Bush could be isntrumental in doing that, especially in this year's class with the talent surrounding south beach

Yes Florida is a great state to get talent from but there a lot of in state team fighting to get that talent. Georgia is also 1 of the 4 best states for high school football and there is really only 1 in state school to deal with (Sorry Ga. Tech). So with that said I think our staff has done an excellent job by putting a lot of focus on Georgia since CGC got here and not as much on Florida as Tubs did.

Don't forget about Thigpen and his ties to the atlantic coast area. He is a big reason we are in on most of those NC guys a welll as Goldman, Diggs, and a few others up that way.

3- Deon Bush is really that good. While Blanks is a phenomenal prospect I would love to see sporting the AU, Bush is definitely in the same league in my opinion. The man is an interception machine. There are some people who always seem to be in the right place at the right time when playing sports and when it comes to interceptions, his highlight film seems to suggest that Bush always is in the right place.

Yes Florida is a great state to get talent from but there a lot of in state team fighting to get that talent. Georgia is also 1 of the 4 best states for high school football and there is really only 1 in state school to deal with (Sorry Ga. Tech). So with that said I think our staff has done an excellent job by putting a lot of focus on Georgia since CGC got here and not as much on Florida as Tubs did.

I am not saying that we should recruit Florida at the expense of Georgia. I am a firm believer of building a base of recruiting by getting all your prospects in your backyard. Say what you want about Tressel and recent events but during his tenure at tOSU, it was an anamoly someone could come into his playground and take a recruit and it paid off with tOSU dominance of the Big 10. I think our staff has excelled in recruiting AL and GA and our top 5 recruiting classes has shown their ability to do so.

I am just trying to point to a couple fleeting opportunities

that will more than likely never occur at the same time again.

1- Of the 3 major FL schools, all 3 have coaches that have

only started their 'reign' in the past two years (Fischer 2  years

Muschamp 1 Golden 1).

2- All major powers in State and bordering state schools that can take advantage of #1 except for Auburn

are in relative off years. FL couldn't even pull off an SEC East

in the void of competition and GA not only couldn't win but arguably wasn't

able to compete. Florida still seems to be in rebuilding mode while GA needs their "dream team"

in order to compete. Bama had their worst year in a 3 year period and I think

they lost too much O to run the tables in the SEC. Miami has had some rough times of late

while FSU has fallen on hard times but it is hard to imagine with their talent and in the ACC

they won't make a quick swing back up the totem poll. And LSU and the Mad Hatter are always unpredictable

3-We are national champions

I realize that everyone and their mother is trying to recruit Florida, it is just that now

we are in the rare position to have a wide open position to be a major player in the south

florida and florida in general recruiting scene. While I believe CGC when he says our goal is

to compete for championships, realistically nobody can expect them and it could be a while until we are national champions again. Recruiting in-state and GA

is something we have and can do without a NC as long as we put up strong teams. I know a lot of

people look at this NC and believe that flexing our recruiting muscle is picking up "5 stars"

all over the US. I think that doing such would be beneficial, I am not sure it would be the

best way to flex our muscle. I truly believe flexing your muscle in recruiting is building your recruiting playground and being the biggest kid there. Right now we are the biggest kid we just need to build our playgrounds that are

in range a bit

Sorry for turning a "Did Deon come to BCW" thread into a "Recruiting Strategy/Philosophy" debate. Hopefully I am not just being a nutjob and somebody finds what I said the least bit interesting

Sorry for turning a "Did Deon come to BCW" thread into a "Recruiting Strategy/Philosophy" debate. Hopefully I am not just being a nutjob and somebody finds what I said the least bit interesting

We would never hijack a thread with useful information like this......you will learn.  :P

Well this year our competition is bama for the top Georgia prospects, so I'm going to ASSume that's who you meant  ;):laugh:

Well this year our competition is bama for the top Georgia prospects, so I'm going to ASSume that's who you meant  ;):laugh:

Nope. It's still UGA until Richt is fired. Then we will have a golden opportunity to control recruiting in Georgia, which is one of my recruiting goals for our team.

Gotta disagree, Ellitor.  Richt getting fired wouldn't do more than give us a temporary bump in recruiting in GA.  Certain state schools like UGA, UA, UT, Texas, Oklahoma, tOSU, etc. will always recruit well in their respective home state because of their fanbases.  Unless Georgia were to hire a moron, then we'd still compete well the way we are now.  We hold our own in GA, are doing great in state, and cherry pick out of Florida consistently, plus this staff has shown now that we can recruit nationally, so I expect nothing more than continued development of our southeastern and national recruiting base.

Nope. It's still UGA until Richt is fired. Then we will have a golden opportunity to control recruiting in Georgia, which is one of my recruiting goals for our team.

Georgia is a big time coaching position that would attract either a big name or hot commodity up and comer, in either case they probably will be able to recruit. With as strong and as passionate a fanbase as UGA has, firing Richt could actually backfire for others. Right now under Richt it seems like a lot of prospects are slipping through UGA's fingers. What happens if a new coach comes in fires up the fanbase and gets in state recruits actually excited? It would be UGA during Richt's early years all over again.

On a seperate note and on topic for a change, any word on what Deon Bush thought of his visit the other day?

Georgia is a big time coaching position that would attract either a big name or hot commodity up and comer, in either case they probably will be able to recruit. With as strong and as passionate a fanbase as UGA has, firing Richt could actually backfire for others. Right now under Richt it seems like a lot of prospects are slipping through UGA's fingers. What happens if a new coach comes in fires up the fanbase and gets in state recruits actually excited? It would be UGA during Richt's early years all over again.

On a seperate note and on topic for a change, any word on what Deon Bush thought of his visit the other day?

He stayed overnight and is leaving some time today. Update later.

Gotta disagree, Ellitor.  Richt getting fired wouldn't do more than give us a temporary bump in recruiting in GA.  Certain state schools like UGA, UA, UT, Texas, Oklahoma, tOSU, etc. will always recruit well in their respective home state because of their fanbases.  Unless Georgia were to hire a moron, then we'd still compete well the way we are now.  We hold our own in GA, are doing great in state, and cherry pick out of Florida consistently, plus this staff has shown now that we can recruit nationally, so I expect nothing more than continued development of our southeastern and national recruiting base.

You guys might be right but nonetheless we have recruited a lot better in Georgia since CGC got here and I for one am very excited about that.

You guys might be right but nonetheless we have recruited a lot better in Georgia since CGC got here and I for one am very excited about that.

Same here, especially seeing how I live in 'leg-humper land'

I agree we have done better but we still are not even close to our ceiling. In the southeast states such as AL, GA, LA, FL, MS, TN and maybe SC, we should be in every recruits top 5 if not top 3. Replicating what Texas has done, where every kid in Texas and the region who plays football dreams of being a Longhorn is an almost impossible feat to replicate, even though it is near impossible, there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't be our goal. We shouldn't be content with recruiting until every recruit in the above mentioned region is waiting near the phone for Chizik and Co to call during their process.

I agree we have done better but we still are not even close to our ceiling. In the southeast states such as AL, GA, LA, FL, MS, TN and maybe SC, we should be in every recruits top 5 if not top 3. Replicating what Texas has done, where every kid in Texas and the region who plays football dreams of being a Longhorn is an almost impossible feat to replicate, even though it is near impossible, there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't be our goal. We shouldn't be content with recruiting until every recruit in the above mentioned region is waiting near the phone for Chizik and Co to call during their process.

Fair enough but Rome was not built in a day. We have always been a football power but not a super power like we are becoming now. It takes time and consistent winning to build up that kind od following like UT,USC, tosu, and unfortunately uat.

I completely agree. I am not naive enough to believe that this can be acheived in a year or even a few. While Ellitor I think you are right that we are becoming a "superpower," we are only just getting there and we definitely are vunerable to fall back down. We as fans and the community need to start expecting greatness

and demanding it. FOr instance, in the thread about 2011 predictions, people are saying that they would happy with 8 wins and that troubles me. Great teams and programs find ways to win even when everything suggests that they shouldn't. Look at great programs and coaches and what separates them is in years they are supposed to be down they still win.We may have lost players and be inexperienced but we still should figure a way to pull it out (think 1972).

Same applies to recruiting. I feel as if a lot of people have lower expectations when it comes to who we are able to pick up than they should. We are an SEC team that has finished 1st or 2nd in the SEC West ever year but twice since 2000 as well as defending nat'l champions. We should expect that everyone wants to come to Auburn (just don't cross the line of arrogance and disrespect). That feeling and expectation of greatness is contagious but lack of having it is also can infect recruits. How can you convince a recruit that someone is an elite powerhouse school when it's own fans don't expect their teams to always be elite?

I don't know what it is about me and rants today. Big Bird why did you tell me to post more often. This can't be healthy

Archived