GA v LSU

PCAuburnRunner

I will never be considered a fan of the puppies.

Oh just admit it, you love us :big::big::big:

Anyway, wouldn't shock me if LSU won....I think UGA will win though because I find David Greene to be 3x better then Randall or Russell right now.

105911[/snapback]

David Greene 3X better right now? What do you base that on?

CURRENT PASSING EFFICIENCY SEC SEC Stats

7. JaMarcus Russell

9. David Greene

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, wouldn't shock me if LSU won....I think UGA will win though because I find David Greene to be 3x better then Randall or Russell right now.

105911[/snapback]

7. JaMarcus Russell

9. David Greene

106225[/snapback]

That is your only argument for Russell? :lol:

Give me a break. Greene had a horrible stat year last season yet went 11-3 and that pretty much defines who Greene is. Will never lead the SEC stat wise yet continue to win. Heck, anyone remember Greene throwing for over 300 yards against the LSU defense at LSU last year? Ah, but who cares about that?

Keep believing that Russell is a savior for LSU. Bite you all in the ass against Auburn and will again several times before the year is over.

where am i getting that from? you serious? how bout this: lsu has one conference loss to a team in its division. uga has zero conference losses, and even if they lost this game, they still control their own destiny with games against uf and ut still to come. therefore, lsu has a lot more to lose if they come up on the short end. in other words, their back is against the wall. uga's isn't.

Somehow I get the feeling that UGA get's it going this coming Saturday.

:uga: 17 :lsu: 13

Hey Southlink,

He may struggle a few more times this year but Jimbo Fisher will make Russell one of the top QB's in the SEC before his career is over at LSU.

where am i getting that from? you serious? how bout this: lsu has one conference loss to a team in its division. uga has zero conference losses, and even if they lost this game, they still control their own destiny with games against uf and ut still to come. therefore, lsu has a lot more to lose if they come up on the short end. in other words, their back is against the wall. uga's isn't.

106231[/snapback]

Ok, I mistook what you said

I know you can make this statement about most any QB but I think it really applies to Greene and more specifically, UGA's offensive scheme. If you give the guy some time he's going to pick you apart. I think a big part of Greene's success comes from the system UGA runs. If given a little time (which he had very little of last year) he distributes the ball to all his weapons as well as anyone in the country. Greene seems to have a knack for finding the one receiver or back that's open and keep opposing defenses guessing every play.

The year before last was pretty awesome to watch when his line was performing.

105911[/snapback]

7. JaMarcus Russell

9. David Greene

106225[/snapback]

That is your only argument for Russell? :lol:

Give me a break. Greene had a horrible stat year last season yet went 11-3 and that pretty much defines who Greene is. Will never lead the SEC stat wise yet continue to win. Heck, anyone remember Greene throwing for over 300 yards against the LSU defense at LSU last year? Ah, but who cares about that?

Keep believing that Russell is a savior for LSU. Bite you all in the ass against Auburn and will again several times before the year is over.

106226[/snapback]

In case you forgot there's 10 other positions on offense and then there's the defense. Greene didn't go 11-3 last year. The entire GA team went 11-3 last year despite Greene's lackluster stats.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said Russell is our savior. If LSU's defense continues to play well along with the running game then all we need is an average QB to have a successful season.

Don't forget 90 of those passing yards Greene threw against LSU was on a screen. Also, LSU's defense was much better toward the end of the season. How many yards did Greene throw for in the Sugar Bowl?

Anyway, you said Greene was 3X better than JaMarcus right now and I asked what you based that on. You said he went 11-3 last year. That's your only argument for Greene. Give me a break. :roflol: As if that 11-3 had nothing to do with a very good GA defense and a lot of talented players on offense. I guess it was all Greene.

Of course Greene is a better QB right now than JaMarcus. No one is arguing against that. JaMarcus is a freshman and Greene is a Senior. However, he's not 3x better and he's just an average QB IMO. (His stats back it up.)

Yes, there are 10 other positions and in the last 3 years Greene has won with those 10 other guys consistently and probably more then any other QB in NCAA history. Not sure where that argument is going except to point out how consistent Greene has been in the 3 previous years.

Yes, LSU does need an average QB....something right now that they don't possess. I have yet to mock your defense NOR promise any victory...in fact, I said UGA would go 9-2 and I stand by that.

Yes, Greene threw that 90 yard screen.....which goes onto his stats as all of his passing yards do.....so what? Vincent had 2 runs that took up most if not ALL of his SECCG runs yet you don't see me pointing those out.....I accept it and move on....not make excuses as to why he did it.

Of course Greene is a better QB right now than JaMarcus.  No one is arguing against that.

Then why are you arguing with me? The passing efficency statistic means nothing 3-4 games into the season.....show me that stat in November.

Don't worry slink.....The corndogs do not talk much AFTER the game ! ! :D

Yes, there are 10 other positions and in the last 3 years Greene has won with those 10 other guys consistently and probably more then any other QB in NCAA history. Not sure where that argument is going except to point out how consistent Greene has been in the 3 previous years.

Yes, LSU does need an average QB....something right now that they don't possess. I have yet to mock your defense NOR promise any victory...in fact, I said UGA would go 9-2 and I stand by that.

Yes, Greene threw that 90 yard screen.....which goes onto his stats as all of his passing yards do.....so what? Vincent had 2 runs that took up most if not ALL of his SECCG runs yet you don't see me pointing those out.....I accept it and move on....not make excuses as to why he did it.

Of course Greene is a better QB right now than JaMarcus.  No one is arguing against that.

Then why are you arguing with me? The passing efficency statistic means nothing 3-4 games into the season.....show me that stat in November.

106273[/snapback]

Greene is not 3X better. That's the argument. While the passing effeciency statistics will mean a lot more by the end of the season your argument was he was 3X better now. We have played a very good AU team and JaMarcus is ahead at this point statistically. Greene has a long way to go to be 3X better.

Now if you said Greene's leadership skills were 3X better I could buy that. As far as raw talent no way.

I don't think anybody in Athens thinks Greene has more raw talent then Jay Cutler. Raw talent was in Quincy Carter and it got him a cocaine addiction. Means little to me and Greene has showed that with a good system and a smart head.

As for right now, I stand by my statement 100%. Greene right now is 3x the QB Russell or Randall is and that includes everything....not just stats.

Greene right now is 3x the QB Russell or Randall is and that includes everything....not just stats.

106295[/snapback]

He could be 345,012,234x better, I'm just gonna be happy when LSU whups that @$$ again! ;)

Greene right now is 3x the QB Russell or Randall is and that includes everything....not just stats.

106295[/snapback]

He could be 345,012,234x better, I'm just gonna be happy when LSU whups that @$$ again! ;)

106394[/snapback]

Please outline for me the exact manner in which LSU will "whup that ass again". Be specific.

Georgia winning would be really nice! That means that we would have to lose three conference games for LSU to go ahead of us in the standings with the tie breaker. I think that LSU will win out though. These UT people think that Florida is better than LSU and that is not the case at all. LSU, I predict to win out keeping us on our toes and having room for only one stumble to the SEC Championship game against Georgia. UT will find a way to beat themselves with Budda at the helm.

106295[/snapback]

I'm just gonna be happy when LSU whups that @$$ again! ;)

Did you copy and paste that statement before the Auburn game? :lol::lol:

http://www.lsuchicageaux.com/index.asp?Page=Home

You guys might like this. Or you might not.

This is the weekly update of the LSU Alumni Association of Chicago webpage.

Don't be offended, by the Auburn fan description, it's all in fun.

Remember, David Pollack's motor is always running.

Remember, David Pollack's motor is always running.

Evident by him being on two straight All-American teams (coaches and media), Defensive POY, and an SEC Title

Please outline for me the exact manner in which LSU will "whup that ass again".  Be specific.

106395[/snapback]

Well, you see, something happened in the Georgia Dome last December. Two top five teams faced off, and LSU just so happened to whup that :uga: ass. Once again, I don't care about stats as much as a "W".

Please outline for me the exact manner in which LSU will "whup that ass again".  Be specific.

106395[/snapback]

Well, you see, something happened in the Georgia Dome last December. Two top five teams faced off, and LSU just so happened to whup that :uga: ass. Once again, I don't care about stats as much as a "W".

106533[/snapback]

And last year you beat Auburn by 24 points.....and how did that help you this year?

What a weak, sad argument.

PS....its pretty late...you have homeroom in several hours :P:D

106395[/snapback]

106533[/snapback]

Relying on last year's results won't get you very far. See AU/LSU '04. Your LSU Faux Tigers are NOT the same team they were last year. The guys that won your NC are gone. The ones that are left are very good, but they are not the '03 team. Your reasoning is faulty. :thumbsdown:

I believe LSU will win this game in another tough hard fought game. This game features two outstanding defenses, two of the best coaches in the SEC, and two average offenses. I bet Saban throws everything at Greene, bc we cannot let him sit in the pocket and get comfortable. We can stop there running game, we have already faced the best running team in the SEC (you guys) and we outrushed you (for all the good it did) and we can concentrate on stopping Greene. I hope that Randall/Russell plays as good as they did last week, but we are not facing a D1AA defense this week either. All in all this will be another great SEC weekend with LSU/Ga, Florida/Ark and Auburn/UT.

P.S.

If it comes down to field goal kicking we are screwed.

Archived