I promise I'm not getting ahead of myself

moe

Let's say we do go undefeated the whole year. We would have beaten 3 quality teams (in terms of the BCS) - plus another with the SEC Championship game. Would I be wrong in stating that no one else has this kind schedule and being ranked at the same time.

Eh, just thinking...it's too early :P

Quality win/strength of schedule/win margin was taken out of BCS poll.

They do affect the computer polls, which are 1/3 of the BCS ranking, but that isn't much compared to what they did last year.

I remember all the lswho fans rambling on about BCS formulas right before they got beat by FL at home last year.

And I thought Auburn fans would've learned after last year's caddy1.jpg

But oh well...

Apparently you weren't at the USC game after the 4 months plus of hype about us being a contender...

No more talking about things that happen after the SEC Championship until the SEC Championship is played!

Apparently you weren't at the USC game after the 4 months plus of hype about us being a contender...

No more talking about things that happen after the SEC Championship until the SEC Championship is played!

106022[/snapback]

I completely agree.

ONE at a time....O N E at a time....Next up..... :ut:

THAT is enough to think about until Sunday a.m. :au:

I refuse to comment on Auburn or any other specific SEC team's future this early in the season. I'm just hoping for a win Saturday.

However, speaking in generalities:

I do believe that in any given year an SEC team which makes it through the regular season and the SECCG undefeated would have to be among the 2 or 3 teams in the running for the BCS championship game, because of the strength of the SEC schedule.

Of course, in these days of parity, I also doubt we'll ever see the day of more than 1 or 2 undefeated teams, if any, at season's end.

can a mod please delete this thread before some seriously bad mojo comes our way?!?!

106140[/snapback]

Well, if people would just stop replying to the thread, it would die... but NO! We have to put our $0.02 in and bump it to the top. Stop replying!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Archived