My thoughts on the SEC games

wesfau

AU-UT: Same UT defense as last year, except worse. AU does pretty much what it wants on Offense. The AU defense will be tested, though. The young gunslingers will be given some relief as UT leans on its running game much more than it did last year. Stop the run, force long 3rd downs, and blitz the hell out of the youngsters. Recipe for Gene Chizik's success.

AU-35

UT-14

UGA-LSU: These teams are pretty even. They both have great defenses, but anemic offenses. The UGA defense is just as good as, if not better than, the AU defense. This leads me to believe that they will utilize the same strategy that AU employed against LSU: Stop the run, make their QBs win it. The LSU offense will sputter in the face of another great defense. The UGA offense has to find a spark, but I think that if AU can generate enough offense (combined with great defensive play) to beat LSU, then UGA can do the same.

UGA-14

LSU-7

UF-UArk: Leak is good. Scary good. The Ark secondary is porous. Bama exposed the Ark weakness to the run. Florida will score early and often in the Swamp. Arkansas will run at will against the Gators, but will not be able to keep up with the scoring of UF.

UF-42

UArk-28

Bama-USC: Bama was bad. Now they have no passing attack and they're atrocious. The USC defense will stack the box and tee off on the Bama rushing attack. USC has a great receiver in Troy Williamson. He compliments the running game of "Meat" Summers very well. Bama's defense is salty, but they will give up points. Bama cannot match the points scored by the Cocks.

USC-17

Bama-3

Other SEC games? Who cares, they're meaningless.

AU - 27

UT - 31

UF - 21

Ark - 17

UA - 27

USC - 17

105969[/snapback]

You honestly think that Bama will score 27 points? They've shown no ability to throw the ball without Brodie.

Interesting....wanna make a wager? :poke:

I like those predictions Wes and hope they come true. I see UF winning but I see a much closer game and not as many points. I think Bama can rely strictly on the run and beat USC. The Cocks have a decent D but they weren't even a threat to score on Troy. They've got the same old set of "Athletic" quarterbacks. Translation...they suck.

AU - 27

UT - 31

UF - 21

Ark - 17

UA - 27

USC - 17

105969[/snapback]

You honestly think that Bama will score 27 points? They've shown no ability to throw the ball without Brodie.

105974[/snapback]

Id be willing to bet bama comes closer to 27 points than 3 points.

I honestly don't see why some many of us are predicting Auburn to win big. I hope that we do, but I just don't see it. This game is SCARY to me. We NEVER play well up there. 4-14-1.

UGA 16 LSU 14

UF 24 Ark. 17

Bama 17 USC 14

AU - 27

UT - 31

UF - 21

Ark - 17

UA - 27

USC - 17

105969[/snapback]

105974[/snapback]

Id be willing to bet bama comes closer to 27 points than 3 points.

105989[/snapback]

Interesting. Based upon anything other than :homer: -itis?

What i find interesting is that the other AU fans here picked bama to win also. And all picked bama to score closer to 27 than 3.

Are they all bama homers too? You should probably think with your head and not with your hate.

BTW, USC hasn't had a road game yet all year. (They had more fans at vandy than vandy did)

They haven't seen an Oline or running game like this all year either. Their D is good, but their subpar offense will put their d in bad situations.

wes, I think you hit the nail on the head with the UGA/LSU game.

My predictions for the weekend are thus:

AU - 24

UT - 23

UGA - 23

LSU - 13

USC - 27

Bama - 10

UF - 31

Arkansas - 28

What i find interesting is that the other AU fans here picked bama to win also. And all picked bama to score closer to 27 than 3.

Are they all bama homers too?

105999[/snapback]

Nope. They're simply wrong. :D

Bama might not win another game this year. You can't win without passing. MG couldn't beat out Brock Berlin for a QB job. He's not the answer. The answer is sitting on the sidelines with a cast on his leg, unfortunately.

AU-35

UT-14

USC-17

Bama-3

105961[/snapback]

UT will score more than 14 I'm afraid. It should be a lot like last year's score.

Also, USC has a horrible offense. And bama's is completely one-sided now. I'm thinking that's going to be a 21-17 or 17-14 kind of game, either way it's not going to be pretty.

LOL

Not me ! ! !

uat score 27 on SC?.......Bg, when using a q-tip, you must back off on the pressure when you feel resistance. :lol:

uat's "season" is looking more and more like a repeat of '03. :thumbsdown:

Now, have a tall glass of Koolaid and smile! :thumbsup:

I think Georgia might have a coming out party against LSU. My reasons are:

1. At Sanford Stadium. Not an easy place to play

2. I like Georgia's defense with hard-hitters Greg Blue and Thomas Davis. Odell Thurman should have a big game.

3. No matter what people say about Georgia's offense, they still have David Green who I think is approaching all-time SEC wins as a QB. He needs help from Gibson and Brown at reciever along with the offensive line picking up LSU blitzes.

I am very interested to see how long Mark Richt sticks with the run. I think that might decide the game. If Georgia can get a rusher with around 80 yrds, that might be enough to beat LSU.

Also, I think the Georgia players didn't like getting beat two times last year and will be looking for revenge.

UGA 24

LSU 13(another missed extra point HA!!!)

wes, I think you hit the nail on the head with the UGA/LSU game.

My predictions for the weekend are thus:

AU - 24

UT - 23

UGA - 23

LSU - 13

USC - 27

Bama - 10

UF - 31

Arkansas - 28

106011[/snapback]

You think alabama's defense is 10 points worse than Troys? You think USC's offense is better than Arkansas'?

Man I know you hate bama for some reason this year...but geez. :P

I watched some of it and the first big problem was a pretty hard rain all day. The game wasn't in doubt and UK just isn't a threat at all. Fason looked strong for UF. I know most folks saw the highlights but the last TD was beautiful. Leak rolled to his right and Fason, I believe, was running a little flare out around the goal line and then all of a sudden turned back inside. Leak released it just as Fason made his move and before the defender could turn. Leak is going to be downright scary if he stays all 4 years.

No, I think Alabama with its struggling passing game will score just 10 points against a solid D and I think USC's offense does have the potential to score 27 against Bama.

BTW, I don't hate Bama at all and wish them the best of luck in literally every game this year.

But maybe you take my reality as hating them. I don't buy into this whole idea that Bama is that great by any means this year. If they prove me wrong, so be it. Borders my thoughts of UF/UGA....if UGA wins....great! But I doubt it until I see it

Archived