Both 04 and 10 team should be remembered as a National Championship team.

emases

Personally, I go with the final BCS standings with Auburn #2 and the fact that Oklahoma had its chance to beat USC.

No... Auburn was #3 in the final BCS standings. How many times do we have to mention this? This is like the 4th out of 26 posts to mention this.

Personally, I go with the final BCS standings with Auburn #2 and the fact that Oklahoma had its chance to beat USC.

No... Auburn was #3 in the final BCS standings. How many times do we have to mention this? This is like the 4th out of 26 posts to mention this.

Come on, Cammyguy.  We all know the USA Today Coaches poll votes the BCS champion as the #1 team.  In that poll we're #2.  The final BCS standings were released December 5, 2004. This was before the championship game.  That's why Oklahoma is #2 @ 12-0.  So, let me correct myself for Cammydude.  As the team ranked #2 in the USA Today Coaches Poll (which must vote the BCS winner #1) and the AP Poll (which was used to determine the BCS champion in 2004), I believe Auburn should be named national champions. 

If you others believe Auburn shouldn't, that's great.  I honestly think we should ask the players who actually played what they think.  You know, they are the ones who went through spring, two-a-days, and laid it all out on the line. Did they earn the championship?  Here's a football player who believes Auburn should be named national champions:  (BTW, he was on the 2004 Oklahoma team.)

http://newsok.com/former-ou-player-thinks-auburn-should-have-2004-title/article/3575586

Archived