A few weeks away but need the info to plan

SaksAUGrad

I usually tailgate with friends, but for the UGA game we are putting on our own tailgate so we can host a bunch of our UGA fans. Haven't hosted a tailgate since I was in school there. Just want to ask a few questions to see if anything has changed. Between UGA and Auburn fans, students and alumni we have 62(about 1/2 :au: and 1/2 :uga: ) committed so I have to plan early ya know. I'm hoping for a night game so we show the Georgia folks how to tailgate right. The games I have been to there, they have a "tailgate" at the apartment and then we walk 2 miles to the game. It's great when you can sit in the air/heat and watch other games prior to yours but it's just not the same. So my questions are:

1. What is the earliest day of the week prior to the game can you mark off a spot.

2. Can you still take kegs out to tailgate?

The earliest you can mark off a spot at :au: is Friday afternoon at 4:00pm and basically you can brign anythign to a tailgate that you can carry (including kegs) because you certainly will not be driing it up to your tailgate if you plan on tailgating on the core campus.

Check out www.auburn.edu for links to official tailgating rules.

According to the AU website the earliest you can rope off a spot is 4pm on Friday.

No one is allowed to reserve parking spaces for any reason. Reserving tailgating spots using stakes, ropes, ribbons, tape, chairs, tables, tents, vehicles or other items is not allowed until 4 p.m. on Friday, except for specially-permitted University events. Items found before then are subject to removal without notice or reimbursement.

I didn't see any references to kegs at all. When I was on campus for the LSU game, I noticed a few tailgaters with kegs, so I would assume its ok.

According to the policeman I talked to the day of the LSU game, kegs are fine as long as it is kept out of the street, i.e. in your tailgating spot. He was nice about it and said the only way it would be a problem is if things got out of hand. I'm sure they kept a special eye on us though!!

According to the AU website the earliest you can rope off a spot is 4pm on Friday.
No one is allowed to reserve parking spaces for any reason. Reserving tailgating spots using stakes, ropes, ribbons, tape, chairs, tables, tents, vehicles or other items is not allowed until 4 p.m. on Friday, except for specially-permitted University events. Items found before then are subject to removal without notice or reimbursement.

I didn't see any references to kegs at all. When I was on campus for the LSU game, I noticed a few tailgaters with kegs, so I would assume its ok.

106078[/snapback]

we've had kegs at our tailgate every week this season...it's fine!

Thanks guys. We used to have kegs at all our tailgates too, but it's been a while since I put on one so I was gonna make sure. Maybe ya'll can stop by and heckle some UGA folks. I kid them because we have more than one cheer. I would say 80% of them are students and the rest are recent alum like myself (In the past 3 years). War Eagle.. now back to the Vols.

Archived