2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND, the coaching staff can't coach or recruit :laugh:

I think some have settled on them not being able to develop players. If they are not studs by their sophomore or redshirt freshman year. If you take out guys like lutz, omac, dyer, blake, mosley, the bull, and lemonier. :laugh:

right now all our recruits are wavering haven't you heard

O.h Lord Golf. Some people lack the sarcasm gene and will think you are being serious. lol

O.h Lord Golf. Some people lack the sarcasm gene and will think you are being serious. lol

that's the plan......................man

Who are you calling the "sarcasm Gene?"

gene-chizik-auburn-tigers-300x234.jpg

Who are you calling the "sarcasm Gene?"

gene-chizik-auburn-tigers-300x234.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bryan Matthews from 247 just posted an article on Dee on auburn undercover. He says that that Auburn now has a major fight on their hands with Bama to keep his commitment. He has been to T-town 2 of the last 3 weeks and has really liked it. He will be at the Iron Bowl this weekend as well. Considering the beating we are likely to take, this isn't good. This guy is going to be the #1 prospect in the state next year and among the best DT's in the country....

Bryan Matthews from 247 just posted an article on Dee on auburn undercover. He says that that Auburn now has a major fight on their hands with Bama to keep his commitment. He has been to T-town 2 of the last 3 weeks and has really liked it. He will be at the Iron Bowl this weekend as well. Considering the beating we are likely to take, this isn't good. This guy is going to be the #1 prospect in the state next year and among the best DT's in the country....

I never trust the commitment of a junior in HS. He will go through four pairs of underwear and 8 girlfriends before his NSD.

BM posted the article and Dee took his mom on the trip which she blown away by the atmosphere.  Saban allowed Dee to stand on the field with the team and no other recruits were allowed on the field.  That really made him think about his commitment.  I hope the coaches can hang on to him because it's going to be a long time until Feb 2013. 

Does anyone believe the performance of our defense this year has caused Dee to waver?

BM posted the article and Dee took his mom on the trip which she blown away by the atmosphere.  Saban allowed Dee to stand on the field with the team and no other recruits were allowed on the field.  That really made him think about his commitment.  I hope the coaches can hang on to him because it's going to be a long time until Feb 2013. 

Does anyone believe the performance of our defense this year has caused Dee to waver?

I can't imagine it has helped any. These past 3 years have been downright ugly on defense. The fact that the coaches are able to bring in high quality recruits on that side of the ball is a testament to how good of recruiters they are. I don't know how I would convince a teenage kid to come play for a defense that looks like ours lately....

Afraid I don't understand...when Saban got to UAT they had no defense and he was able to recruit all these defensive studs...and now some people are suggesting that the same kind of kids would be turned off because AU's defense has been weak lately?  I think our problems have been in the secondary...so not sure how that would influence a DL.  We have a bunch of 4 and  5* kids right now and more on the way.

Afraid I don't understand...when Saban got to UAT they had no defense and he was able to recruit all these defensive studs...and now some people are suggesting that the same kind of kids would be turned off because AU's defense has been weak lately?   I think our problems have been in the secondary...so not sure how that would influence a DL.  We have a bunch of 4 and  5* kids right now and more on the way.

Our db's may be green,but they get no help from the pass rush,or rather the lack thereof. A quarterback upright and throwing in rythm is hard to beat. Ours is rarely upright and is constantly moving off his spot,while we make average qb's look like Tom Brady by his not having to hurry. Also if our d-line shows no more fundamentals after 11 games than they did the first,well,as a parent I would ask questions. We need to show up against the updykes,in a big way.

Guest Tigereagle03

I got to spend a lot more time with the coaches this time When I got there, I talked with Coach Saban on the field during warm-ups,†noted Liner. “After the game was over with, we got to talk a lot more. I got to talk with all the coaches. Coach Saban was saying that he’s going to get me before it’s all over with. I got to talk with Coach(Mike)Groh too and it went good. We always stay in touch with each other.  :zapbama:

Well seeing as it is rumored that Malzahn, Thigpen, and Grimes will be gone next year that could be a cause. Also Lolley and Roof may not be here. Pelton's forte isn't recruiting.

Pelton's forte isn't recruiting.

It's hard and unfair to say that for a first year coach. Recruiting is ALL about relationships and the coaches Pelton is going against have a 2 year relationship advantage with these kids. The next couple of years will be a better evaluation of him as a recruiter. If he can hold off the Bama heat for the next 12 months on Dee Liner for example then that will look very good for him.

Archived