Which QB will we see?

AUesquire

Any word on who starts for UT at QB? I assume Ainge will but I can't say I've followed them that close.

From what I've seen of the two, I think I'd rather face Schaefer and let him scramble around. I know he's incredibly athletic but I think a good defense can force him into some freshman mistakes. Our D is incredibly fast and could probably keep him in check. Ainge scares me.

Any thoughts who we might fare better against?

We'd do MUCH better agains Ainge than against Schaeffer. NO DOUBT.

With Schaeffer at the helm, he presents the possibility to take off and run away from any pressure we may be getting on the QB. Thusly, positive yardage.

With Ainge at the helm, UT like to go with a 3-wide look (in the I formation) leaving those tackles to fend for themselves against our quick and strong DE's.

Look for Schaeffer to get a lot more snaps against us than he has in the last few weeks.

What difference does it make? They are both far better than we can comprehend. We are doomed. :blink:

Oh,......WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

On finebaum, a guy said that Schaeffer will start as he has been for the last 4 games...run two series...then Ainge will come in for two series. Then after that, whoever has the hot hand, that is who they go with. So we should see both, early.

On finebaum, a guy said that Schaeffer will start as he has been for the last 4 games...run two series...then Ainge will come in for two series. Then after that, whoever has the hot hand, that is who they go with. So we should see both, early.

106166[/snapback]

Fulmer must be using the "I want to lose" quarterback rotation strategy. Didn't he watch LSU's first few games?

No matter which quarterback we see from UT, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of him laying on the ground whimpering.

:au:

My guess is that the Vols will try the power running game. I am concerned that they will have success and therefore play ball control forcing a low scoring game. I don't think that this is in our favor due to our inconsistent kicking.

"Inconsistent" kicking? What team have you been watching? :blink:

The Sky IS falling ! ! !~ :lol::lol::)

yeah, c'mon. our kicking has been a lot of bad words, but inconsistent is not one of them. you don't have to guess. you just know that most of the time, outside of 30, it isn't going through the crossbars.

you just know that most of the time, outside of 30, it isn't going through the crossbars.

106221[/snapback]

That could be considered consistant - consistantly bad :big:

Living near Nashville, I am surrounded by UT fans. Most seem the feel that Fulmer (aka the Great Pumpkin) will start Schaeffer to try to get us to pull DBs and Safteies forward a bit then bring in Ainge. Personally I don't care which plays, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it's not like the defense can tell which is which and make adjustments accordingly.

Archived