Auburn right where it wants to be.

AURaptor

After last year's abysmal 0-2 start and with a more favorable schedule, Auburn is exactly where many thought it should be in 2004. Some may say that the Offense hasn't quite lived up to potential yet, but hats off to the tough D that lost so much from the '03 squad.

A loss on Saturday would hurt, but Auburn would still be in the driver seat and control its own destiny. A win on Saturday, would be huge, but by all means would not win us any other games down the road. Win or lose, those must be played 1 at a time. ( Pardon the tired coaching axiom)

No great wisdom or insight here, but I just wanted to remind folks that this is what it's all about. Ain't college football great?

WDE!

After last year's abysmal 0-2 start and with a more favorable schedule, Auburn is exactly where many thought it should be in 2004. Some may say that the Offense hasn't quite lived up to potential yet, but hats off to the tough D that lost so much from the '03 squad.

A loss on Saturday would hurt, but Auburn would still be in the driver seat and control its  own destiny. A win on Saturday, would be huge, but by all means would not win us any other games down the road. Win or lose, those must be played 1 at a time. ( Pardon the tired coaching axiom) 

No great wisdom or insight here, but I just wanted to remind folks that this is what it's all about.  Ain't college football great?

WDE!

106162[/snapback]

Yes sir....I think winning is big...but then again, taking a game one by one will make even bigger things take care of themselves. :au::au:

A loss on Saturday would hurt, but Auburn would still be in the driver seat and control its  own destiny. A win on Saturday, would be huge, but by all means would not win us any other games down the road. Win or lose, those must be played 1 at a time. ( Pardon the tired coaching axiom) 

No great wisdom or insight here, but I just wanted to remind folks that this is what it's all about.  Ain't college football great?

WDE!

106162[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better, WDE!

Everyone forgetting that the "west" isn't the only thing on the line this weekend.

This is a MOMENTUM game. A win and we practically win the west, yes we know. A loss and "we control our destiny" = we will lose to UGA and not win the West.

A win and the fans are pumped for the next 3 home games. A loss and the fans will be down and a little disappointed, cuz everyone is now slowly getting high hopes.

Everyone forgetting that the "west" isn't the only thing on the line this weekend.

This is a MOMENTUM game. A win and we practically win the west, yes we know. A loss and "we control our destiny" = we will lose to UGA and not win the West.

A win and the fans are pumped for the next 3 home games. A loss and the fans will be down and a little disappointed, cuz everyone is now slowly getting high hopes.

106216[/snapback]

I don't know about that. I think our fans will be excited no matter what. I think if we can get the running game going and exploit their young secondary we will win. Our D is going to have to play just like they did against LSU. We need UGay to beat LSU I don't know if it will happen but we shall see.

WAR DAMN EAGLE BEAT UT!!!!!

I'm pumped about this game but I won't allow myself to dwell on the bigger picture...YET. :P

If AU wins this weekend, I'm gonna start believing in one of those magical seasons, but until that happens I don't wnna set myself up for a huge letdown. CTT's track record suggests we can't take anything for granted. I do like Borges' attitude on Finebum the other night when he indicated it wouldn't be the end of the world to lose this game. AU still controls it's destiny.

I'm pumped about this game but I won't allow myself to dwell on the bigger picture...YET. :P

If AU wins this weekend, I'm gonna start believing in one of those magical seasons, but until that happens I don't wnna set myself up for a huge letdown.  CTT's track record suggests we can't take anything for granted.  I do like Borges' attitude on Finebum the other night when he indicated it wouldn't be the end of the world to lose this game.  AU still controls it's destiny.

106317[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!!

The BIG picture includes LaTech, UGA, Bama, Arkansas, UK, Ole Miss, oh yeah and :ut: . Its hard to play all of those games in the same week. Lets play 11 on 11 and see how it turns out.

Archived