2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is w/o a doubt my favorite player in this class. Freaking STUD. GABE and EDDIE on the inside. Wowzers!

50%, that's great news. With dj giving us a legit shot at peat too I am pumped at the prospect of landing my two personal favorite recruits of this years class. If we land either one it would be a huge out of state pick up.

Not questioning anybody or I might have missed why, just wondering why such a high percentage for him? Has he visited AU or said anything publicly to indicate he's that high on us?

50% is really optimistic.

I'm not questioning our staff, but this kid hasn't given any indication to anyone that he has settled on even ten schools yet. It will be a long time before we can really assign a percentage to him. He still has a bunch of schools he's visiting and pitches to hear out.

Would love to have him though.

barthtp, yes he has visited us.

We either get him or we don't get him.  That's a 50% chance in my book.

Isn't this true with any percentage?  :P 

That's what I thought too.  ;D

Speaking mathematically that is only true if we are 1 of 2 teams left on his list.  ;D

Speaking mathematically that is only true if we are 1 of 2 teams left on his list.  ;D

Mr. Math s :bow:peaks!

How much of a chance do you think we have at landing him?

50%

That was a 0.191 % increase in 40 seconds ... if we continue at that rate then he is ours in 10471.2041885 seconds ... which is 174.520069808 minutes ... which is 2.908667830 hours ... which is ... hold on that means he was ours yesterday?  I didn't see a B. Mathews attended presser on Ustream ... I need to recheck my math ... dang Auburn engineering education ...

Actually, look at the Blakely situation.  How would you have done those percentages.  We didn't get him.  But we got him. :party:

I'm not questioning our staff, but this kid hasn't given any indication to anyone that he has settled on even ten schools yet. It will be a long time before we can really assign a percentage to him. He still has a bunch of schools he's visiting and pitches to hear out.

Jermaine Whitehead, Roberson Therize (sp)

were in this same category if I am not mistaken?

Goldman cut his list about two weeks ago from his 50+ offers  :o to 15, which include AUBURN, Alabama, Cal, Clemson, Florida, FSU, UGa, LSU, Maryland, Miami, UNC, NC State, Oklahoma, USCe, and Virginia. I believe that he has visited all of those, except for maybe Cal and Oklahoma... not sure about LSU either, but his HS coach has connections there, so if he hasn't already, I'd expect him to in the future.

Anyway, he had a REALLY good time on his visit to AU, and afterward said....

“Right now, I can safely say that Auburn would be in my top 10,” he said on Monday. “It’s Auburn and I’m going to put Clemson in there. I visited Clemson and Auburn and Miami too. I would say Alabama and LSU, schools like that, but I haven’t visited them."

I'm also QUITE positive that the AU coaches visited him their two allotted times at his HS in Washington DC during the evaluation period. IF we get an OV, then I'd say we have a VERY, VERY good chance to sign the coveted Mr. Goldman!

That's what I thought too.  ;D

In recruting there ain't (technical term) no gray area. They either sign on the line that is probably not dotted with AU logo on it, or they do something they question later!

Archived