2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

They enrolled 23 last year so they can only add two 2012 early enrollees to that total....and then an additional 25 to this years class.

No... they enrolled 22 last year and Douglas passed away, so they have 21 counted to last years class.

Add Duron Carter.

I could very easily be mistaken because I know very little about how all this works, but since he was late he would probably count toward the 85 limit and not a class wouldn't he?

I think if he walks on for a year and gets the scholly the second year, he won't count toward that signing class....but he was offered the scholly as soon as he enrollerd (per reports).........On the other hand, I could be completely wrong about everything.....but I will never admit it.  ;D

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Holsey is tweeting about getting Goldman to AU....

GET EM JOSH!!!!! 

Saw this as well. Good for 2 reasons. We don't have to worry about losing JHolsey who is going to be an absolute STUD! And now he is pressing 5 star recruits to join him at Auburn!

I am pumped about the future of Auburn football! We have already begun the perfect momentum into the 2012 season with the way we performed in the bowl(really saw flashes of what we are capable of with some more learning and workhardwork). Make a couple good hires, wrap up another great recruiting class, have a great spring and just keep rolling...WDE!

Also tweeted this earlier today. 

@HeyItsJholsey  Finna get @Cayleb_JonesTx4 to bring his but to AU

SWEET!!!!  Josh and Zeke are becoming two of my favorite recruits.....along with Shane.

EG will cut his list down to 3 after the UAAA game.

E, you've said previously that it's an AU, UA, FSU race...so is that the expected shortlist? If so, really nothing new, right?

The turds don't have room for him....but I'm sure their about to announce the gray-shirting of certain three stars.

The turds have 24 commitments plus Deion Belue who said he's enrolling from JUCU in Jan but has not been added to those numbers.  Last year they signed 22 plus Duron Carter in the summer...so they can only sign two more.  I can think of at least 2 that are currently uncommitted who will sign with them.

Eddie, AU fans are ready you welcome you to this ever-growing family.  Keep up the great work Josh.

I don't know why you keep forgetting Aaron Douglas died which drops their 2011 number to 22 with Carter included. They can sign 28. You are right. With Belue they have 25 now. But at least 1 maybe 2 of their commit will not qualify and with the cap being 25 they will not sign and place those kids. They will just let them be placed. That will open 1 or 2 more spots thus giving them 4 or 5 spots left total.

Also tweeted this earlier today. 

@HeyItsJholsey  Finna get @Cayleb_JonesTx4 to bring his but to AU

SWEET!!!!  Josh and Zeke are becoming two of my favorite recruits.....along with Shane.

I had no idea JH was this big of a recruiter for us. War Eagle Josh! Everything I read about him says he'll be a lock down corner. Hopefully he's a lock down recruiter too!

Maybe having Emory Blake on the team will help with Cayleb Jones... Although I remember seeig someone post a tweet from CJ complaining about how AU wasn't getting EB the ball enough

Add Duron Carter.

Carter never signed an NLI and will most likely pay his own way and not use a scholarship...  that is if he ever plays a down at uat, which I somewhat doubt he will... He hasn't even qualified throught the NCAA yet.

I think there is a rule against this. If you are a bona fide recruit with scholarship offers you have to be counted against scholarship limits. Another example would be a very smart very athletic person could not receive an academic scholarship if the intent was to play football.

I think there is a rule against this. If you are a bona fide recruit with scholarship offers you have to be counted against scholarship limits. Another example would be a very smart very athletic person could not receive an academic scholarship if the intent was to play football.

Not correct on first part. It does not matter if you have scholly offers. You do not count as part of the 85 limit if you walk on. Case in point from Auburn is Corey Grant and Melvin Ray. They will not count to the 85 til they get a scholly...Also, a player with an academic scholly would count against the 85.

Add Duron Carter.

Carter never signed an NLI and will most likely pay his own way and not use a scholarship...   that is if he ever plays a down at uat, which I somewhat doubt he will... He hasn't even qualified throught the NCAA yet.

He was given the scholarship last year because  :devil: planned to give the #85 scholly to walk-on Will Lowery but gave it to Duron when they thought the NCAA was about to clear him to play.

Add Duron Carter.

Carter never signed an NLI and will most likely pay his own way and not use a scholarship...   that is if he ever plays a down at uat, which I somewhat doubt he will... He hasn't even qualified throught the NCAA yet.

He was given the scholarship last year because  :devil: planned to give the #85 scholly to walk-on Will Lowery but gave it to Duron when they thought the NCAA was about to clear him to play.

Where did you get this info. I seem to remember hearing that he was a walk on last fall and he never got approval from the NCAA in order to be eligible. Last I heard he has not been at practice recently which would indicate he is no longer on the team .  I also heard that he was dumber than a box of rocks and would probably never make a D1 roster. 

Add Duron Carter.

Where did you get this info. I seem to remember hearing that he was a walk on last fall and he never got approval from the NCAA in order to be eligible. Last I heard he has not been at practice recently which would indicate he is no longer on the team .  I also heard that he was dumber than a box of rocks and would probably never make a D1 roster. 

He has been at practice and is on the team.

I believe that I heard on 33/40 out of B'ham sports this week that he has not been practicing with the team.  I'm not close enough to any one in the know at bama to confirm it, but that's what I heard.

If the ole mean butt saban would just make his scholarship's public, we'd all know exactly where he stands with his recruiting classes........ :-\

I believe that I heard on 33/40 out of B'ham sports this week that he has not been practicing with the team.  I'm not close enough to any one in the know at bama to confirm it, but that's what I heard.

I heard the same thing.  Mike Raita said it this past week.

That's what I get for quoting a tweet by Bonehead. He knows nothing about his own team.

The latest is he was suspended for unspecified team rules. It looks like he has the same demons as his dad did in college. If he does what is asked of him he will be on the uat roster in 2012.

The latest is he was suspended for unspecified team rules. It looks like he has the same demons as his dad did in college. If he does what is asked of him he will be on the uat roster in 2012.

Where have I heard that before? :-X

Add Duron Carter.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/freshman_wr_danny_woodson_jr_j.html

The article states that when Duron joined the team it meant the subtraction of Woodson to make the 85 limit but since Woodson also came on they couldn't offer a scholly to Will Lowery.

This is an Eddie Goldman thread!  :)

Yes. Back to EG.

ok.  Maybe we should go hijack a thread of someone who probably won't sign with us.

Channing?  :dunno:

Archived