2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

Actually the first act of agression in Civil War occurred in Baltimore before Ft Sumter, as Mass. regiment set cannon up to fire on city and then said "surrender or we open fire." Northern revisionist history has omitted this fact-

Has Goldman now set a date to announce??

The Northernmost battle of the civil war was the Battle of Shrute Farms.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the first act of agression in Civil War occurred in Baltimore before Ft Sumter, as Mass. regiment set cannon up to fire on city and then said "surrender or we open fire." Northern revisionist history has omitted this fact-

In Scranton? Near Dunder-Mifflin?

There was all sorts of dancing going on

Recent tweet from Decker about Goldman...

Yes, very. RT @cass_sheridan @J_Decker84 you think we have a good chance to pull Goldman?

It is sounding like we will get Goldman.  He also has said that our coaches will start attacking the NE and should not return empty handed.

"start attacking the NE"

What is the NE?

I cant recall right off what prospects are in the North East, maybe someone can help me out here?  :dunno:

Sighs, Goldman, Darby to name a few

You know you are from the deep south when you consider Maryland part of the northeast

Being that it touches both Pennsylvania and New Jersey I'm pretty sure its in the northeast...

Map...wow

http://i.infopls.com/images/states_imgmap.gif

UAT's Rodney Orr is laughing at the idea of Goldman committing to AU, and still thinks he signs with Turds- Also thinks UAT goes after OT Avery Young. Is that called defensive recruiting? Four UAT coaches meeting Winston right after his workout for SD Padres tonight-

Yes, very. RT @cass_sheridan @J_Decker84 you think we have a good chance to pull Goldman?

It is sounding like we will get Goldman.  He also has said that our coaches will start attacking the NE and should not return empty handed.

"start attacking the NE"

What is the NE?

I cant recall right off what prospects are in the North East, maybe someone can help me out here?  :dunno:

You know you are from the deep south when you consider Maryland part of the northeast

Being that it touches both Pennsylvania and New Jersey I'm pretty sure its in the northeast...

Map...wow

I really don't want to hijack the thread but....Maryland does not border New Jersey and even if it did that has no bearing on whether it is in the northeast or not.  It is a border state that is considered part of the mid-atlantic.

If bama signs one more player Justin Taylor should sue them for telling him lie that they don't have any scholarship left....

He can't sue them but he dang sure can make his story known by future recruits.  He was their 7th commitment and never waivered, just like lil nicki wants from his recruits.  He never talked or visited with anybody else.  Then two weeks before NSD they do this to him.  He should make sure future turd recruits know this is how lil nicki operates.  

:zapbama: dont be suprised by anything that saban does to recruits/players/parents , or coaches and media , this guy thinks he can do anything he wants. and someone must have gave him the green light to do as he pleases. emmert ! ...anytime a school does the things bama and saban has done since he arrived. there is a reason he is smug about it all. as soon as emmert is gone the protective shield is gone and bama is right back to probation time added to their already probation period. after what I have seen in photos and other various info. that is one cheating school. someone start a website to  :  FIRE EMMERT FROM THE NCAA !!!!!  WHO can get this started ?

i didnt stay at a holiday inn express last night, but i have been the son of a corporate attorney for the last 42 years.  he always told me you can sue anybody for anything.  it doesn't mean youre gonna win!

ummm... maybe for "emotional damages" since he was strung along and lied to for almost a year and then thrown out the backdoor onto his face!

If bama signs one more player Justin Taylor should sue them for telling him lie that they don't have any scholarship left....

He can't sue them but he dang sure can make his story known by future recruits.  He was their 7th commitment and never waivered, just like lil nicki wants from his recruits.  He never talked or visited with anybody else.  Then two weeks before NSD they do this to him.  He should make sure future turd recruits know this is how lil nicki operates.  

Isn't he still committed? I thought there was a rumor he decommitted but he actually didn't. If he is still committed I wouldn't think he was that upset about it.

Isn't he still committed? I thought there was a rumor he decommitted but he actually didn't. If he is still committed I wouldn't think he was that upset about it.

He has already come out and said he was going to be going elsewhere....

I think rivals left his name in their commitment list probably not to give too much bad attention about bama...

Maybe old news, but Goldman says he will announce on Feb.1 at 10:30. There was talk earlier about him announcing soon.

I don't know if its old news or not but I had not seen it. Thank you.

So Alabama can afford to sign both Goldman and Young? :laugh: Wishful thinking.

They are essentially at 25 with Taylor not signing and another one that will not qualify so they will have room to sign them if they can pry them away from us.

He is still committed but exploring other options. 

i didnt stay at a holiday inn express last night, but i have been the son of a corporate attorney for the last 42 years.  he always told me you can sue anybody for anything.  it doesn't mean youre gonna win!

This is an interesting question. I wonder if the guy had a "commitable offer"? I always hear people talking about a "commitable offer" not sure what that means, if anything, or how it differs from an "offer".

Then again, there has to be an exception for injuries or other issues. Remember, the College via the NCAA make the rules and ALL of the rules are going to be in favor of the colleges and not the student athlete.

Still, some interesting legal questions in this and actually, in the whole recruiting process.

This is an interesting question. I wonder if the guy had a "commitable offer"? I always hear people talking about a "commitable offer" not sure what that means, if anything, or how it differs from an "offer".

Then again, there has to be an exception for injuries or other issues. Remember, the College via the NCAA make the rules and ALL of the rules are going to be in favor of the colleges and not the student athlete.

Still, some interesting legal questions in this and actually, in the whole recruiting process.

He was committed to them for eight months.  He was listed as a commitment by all services.  I would say he had a committable offer. 

This is an interesting question. I wonder if the guy had a "commitable offer"? I always hear people talking about a "commitable offer" not sure what that means, if anything, or how it differs from an "offer".   Then again, there has to be an exception for injuries or other issues. Remember, the College via the NCAA make the rules and ALL of the rules are going to be in favor of the colleges and not the student athlete.

FYI, "offer" and "commitable offer" tend to mean different things at different universities. For one example, at the university of updyke, an "offer" carries with it a new Escalade; a "commitable offer" carries with it the Escalade, a house sitting job for the relative of the recruit's choice, and $aben "scholarships" for the recruit's girlfriend as well as all his cousins.

Hope that helps clarify it for you.  

TIFWIW, but Jaime Newburg was on sports radio in atlanta today. He said it was a 2 team race for Goldman between Bama and FSU. He said auburn was being given consideration.

TIFWIW, but Jaime Newburg was on sports radio in atlanta today. He said it was a 2 team race for Goldman between Bama and FSU. He said auburn was being given consideration.

I've heard Bama mods aren't confident at all. Plus everyone else is predicting AU. I'm thinking he's wrong. Plus i just looked at it and he didn't seem to confident. He said he thinks it's between UA and FSU but with this kid you never know.

"start attacking the NE"

What is the NE?

Map...wow

I really don't want to hijack the thread but....Maryland does not border New Jersey and even if it did that has no bearing on whether it is in the northeast or not.  It is a border state that is considered part of the mid-atlantic.

I will hijack the thread since I live in Maryland.  We do not border NJ.  The states are DE, PA, WV, VA and also DC, which is not a state.  We were a border state during the Civil War and are considered part of the Mid-Atlantic.  Baltimore was the first bloodshed during the Civil War as Federal Troops marched through downtown towards Washington to protect the U.S. Capital.  Maryland is also below the Mason-Dixon line which is typically why we are considered part of the Southeast, even though I was corrected when I first moved to Atlanta and said I lived in the South and was laughed at.  Lastly, Mr. Neuberg is incorrect, we are strongly being considered.

And now back to your regularly scheduled recruiting thread.  ;)

Archived