2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

I wonder if Chizik asks his players so send in LOI's before they commit on National TV this year.

I doubt it. Chizik and everyone seemed awfully surprised when Lemonier signed in 2010.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn gets the last in home visit with Goldman and while FSU is considered the slight leader it's not over yet.

When does contact period end?

Tomorrow at midnight.

Is it a completely dead period, or just no in-person visits?

Dead Period til NSD.

Auburn gets the last in home visit with Goldman and while FSU is considered the slight leader it's not over yet.

Since when? I thought FSU was getting the last visit. This is very good news!

Per BM about 20 minutes ago.

Jan 28: Contact Period ends

Jan 29: Quiet Period

Jan 30 - Feb 2: Dead Period

This reminds me ALOT of Corey Lemonier, how both sides felt "good" about him yet many thought he was a FSU lean...let's hope it turns out like that did!!!! 

When does contact period end?

Tomorrow at midnight.

Is it a completely dead period, or just no in-person visits?

Dead Period til NSD.

Since when? I thought FSU was getting the last visit. This is very good news!

Per BM about 20 minutes ago.

Jan 28: Contact Period ends

Jan 29: Quiet Period

Jan 30 - Feb 2: Dead Period

For that 1 day that quiet period is essentially a dead period.

BM tweeted earlier he had some new news on EG. Anything of note?

Bama has been eliminated

Woo Hoo!  Best news I have heard in a long, long time.

Oh wait...you mean, just for Goldman.

Good news anyway.

This reminds me ALOT of Corey Lemonier, how both sides felt "good" about him yet many thought he was a FSU lean...let's hope it turns out like that did!!!! 

I agree with you, because it is my understanding after reading other sites that the FSU coaching staff is very confident as of this afternoon.

BM tweeted earlier he had some new news on EG. Anything of note?

EG saved a ton on his car insurance by switching to Geico. 

DANG...he got a car?  Must be a Bama lock  :laugh:

Maybe EG and RD will both see how FSU and the other ACC schools look good on paper but never amount to much against the other Conferences.

Maybe EG and RD will both see how FSU and the other ACC schools look good on paper but never amount to much against the other Conferences.

Maybe the coaches should show them that quote that FSU is a minor league team compared to AU.  :wareagle:

FSU has turned into a recruiting power house ever since Fisher took over but it hasnt translated to the football field. Sooner ro later recruits will catch on.

Kinda off topic, but wanted to share this:

Darby ran the fastest time at the AA practices.

40 in 4.31

Said in the interview that he should have made it into 4.2's.

:o

Kinda off topic, but wanted to share this:

Darby ran the fastest time at the AA practices.

40 in 4.31

Said in the interview that he should have made it into 4.2's.

:o

Wow. That is fast. Considering it was at an Allstar game; that is very impressive. (it was not timed by his sister in the Walmart parking lot.)

I hope Darby comes to AU.

He's only been the head coach 2 years. I'd hold out a little longer before calling him a failure.

He wasn't exactly following behind chopped liver

FSU has recruited well before Bowden stepped down....and can never seem to translate those classes on the field, in an incredibly weak (comparative to the SEC, PAC 10, Big 12) ACC. 

Fischer has been at FSU for a while now, coach in waiting.

The natives got pretty restless with Bowden and the man is a legend there.  If Fischer can't produce something, you better believe they will be calling for his head.  With the talent they have, they should have won the ACC, but always seem to poop the bed. 

Won't be much longer until Fischer has a "For Sale" sign put in his yard  :-X

With the way Fischer is recruiting I'd have to disagree. He's a good coach and I believe he'll prove it over time at FSU. The 'Noles are in no hurry to find another coach.

Won't be much longer until Fischer has a "For Sale" sign put in his yard  :-X

With the way Fischer is recruiting I'd have to disagree. He's a good coach and I believe he'll prove it over time at FSU. The 'Noles are in no hurry to find another coach.

Time will tell.  I agree with augirl... I think he'll dissapoint the FSU folks, despite his great recruiting.

I can see why the FSU fans are very confident they land him:

1) His relationship with Odell/Fischer

2) He may be excited to play with Edwards and other Seminole stars on a dominant D-line

3) The perception outside of SEC is that Auburn's stock is falling, which is only enhanced by the negative recruiting.

4) FSU fans feel entitled - They are set to field one of the best defenses in the nation next year and are on the rise. Why wouldn't a star D-lineman want to play for them? Auburn comes into the season with a lot of question marks on defense and coaching strategies.

My view on the points above:

1) Relationship with FSU's coaches is a testament to Goldman being committed since September and the comfort level that has grown between them over time. FSU was Goldman's first official visit, and was his first taste of big-time recruiting.

2) This would seem like a mostly fan-made perception to me, but I'm not sure what Goldman has gone on the record of saying about this.

3) This appears to make Auburn look weaker in the race, but the reality of it is Chizik and Co. recruiting-wise are known as "The Closers" around this time of year for a reason.

4) Again, it's about fan-made perception... Any recruit who visits Auburn can feel the energy level surrounding the program and the places its about to go. And the coaches make sure they leave knowing it.

ok anybody have any new news on EG?  :o

I don't have news but I would say it's 50/50 right now us and FSU.

ok thanks. I really hope its like 80/20 our way  :thumbsup:

Archived