2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

why are guys writing this kid off... Just because he "knows", we automatically assume FSU?! Our coaches are in Maryland at the moment... I would say that is a good sign

Actually probably means they are trying to change his mind.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that he made up his mind before meeting with our coaches doesn't look good. Especially considering it was right after he met with FSU coaches.

The way I took it was him deciding and the coaches flew up there to accept and support his decision. It happens frequently. Instead of a recruit calling the coaches to let them know of his final decision, the coaches will make an in-home...especially if it's a big time recruit.

This should not come as a shock to anyone. He was always a longshot, and anyone who followed recruiting should know this to be true. The AU coaches actually made it much closer than it should have been, and made the FSU coches sweat it out a little.

Goldman wasn't a long shot. He's from Washington D.C. and his two favorites are Auburn and Florida St., two southern schools because he's always stated that he's wanted to play down south, so I'm not sure why you say that he's always been a long shot.

The way I took it was him deciding and the coaches flew up there to accept and support his decision. It happens frequently. Instead of a recruit calling the coaches to let them know of his final decision, the coaches will make an in-home...especially if it's a big time recruit.

Huh? I can assure you that coaches are not going to fly across the country to accept and support the decision of a big time recruit if all he wanted to do was tell them that it was not their school that he's choosing.

I meant to say if the recruit has made a decision and chose Auburn, then Chizik would fly up there and make an in-home instead of simply making a phone call. Sorry for the confusion... Its quite obvious that they would not fly up there to be rejected

Huh? I can assure you that coaches are not going to fly across the country to accept and support the decision of a big time recruit if all he wanted to do was tell them that it was not their school that he's choosing.

^^^ This.  Even if EG told the coaches he was going to FSU, they would still visit and make sure he was 100% comfortable with it.  The only way the coaches wouldn't visit is if EG called and told them not to come, bc he chose FSU. 

Contrary to what's being reported, don't count out Goldman. 

Because?

His father is big on Auburn and trusts the coaches.  Coaches (unless somebody corrects me) are visiting him today.  Finally, only speculation on many folks part about him deciding on FSU as of yesterday. 

If he is willing to accept an in-home visit from Coach Chiz, his mind is not made up.  I'm not holding my breath but I'm not striking his name off the list just yet.  

@PMARSHONAU

Phillip Marshall

Eddie Goldman makes his choice #auc conta.cc/w9tG3m

2 minutes ago via Constant Contact

It is probably just saying he has made his mind up and will let everyone know on NSD.

@PMARSHONAU

Phillip Marshall

Eddie Goldman makes his choice #auc conta.cc/w9tG3m

2 minutes ago via Constant Contact

It is probably just saying he has made his mind up and will let everyone know on NSD.

^^THIS^^

I have a crazy feeling he commits/signs with Auburn on Wed.  :tease:

hearing good things or hoping like the rest of us Scott?

Evidently he made his mind up on Friday after the FSU coaches visited. The Auburn coaches are up there today and were still expected to visit. Don't know what it all means. I hope ST's cryptic message means he knows something and it's not just a guess.  ;D

Archived