2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

Did our coaches make their schedule in home visit with Goldman???   :dunno:   I hope so.  It would be a good sign!

Yes pelton,vangorder,and thigpen..

He told bama not to bother visiting.

Since he made his decision BEFORE our coaches showed up, is he allowing our visit simply out of respect for our staff or has he picked AU and we are still showing him LOVE keeping the visit date ?

War Eagle !

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To go along with ST's optimism. Jonesy posted this yesterday elsewhere...Everyone I've talked to like Auburn in the Goldman sweepstakes. Bama recruiting gurus like FSU. They're usually right ...TIFWIW

Who's is usually right, his sources or Bama recruiting?

I was actually trying to figure that out as well. LOL

The Bama guys I've seen project Goldman to FSU are usually right. They have a really good group of recruiting reporters. My guys tell me Auburn. But all those have to be guesses, because Goldman hasn't indicated anything to anyone yet.

Just my thoughts. I'll post my predictions tomorrow. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you guys can understand, I get the feeling nobody will accurately predict our close this year. One recruit in particular that I've been keeping up with has changed his mind three times just today  :laugh:

Did our coaches make their schedule in home visit with Goldman???   :dunno:   I hope so.  It would be a good sign!

Yes pelton,vangorder,and thigpen..

He told bama not to bother visiting.

Since he made his decision BEFORE our coaches showed up, is he allowing our visit simply out of respect for our staff or has he picked AU and we are still showing him LOVE keeping the visit date ?

War Eagle !

Hopefully he was so unimpressed by the FSU coaches' visit that he decided he isn't going there.

To go along with ST's optimism. Jonesy posted this yesterday elsewhere...Everyone I've talked to like Auburn in the Goldman sweepstakes. Bama recruiting gurus like FSU. They're usually right ...TIFWIW

Who's is usually right, his sources or Bama recruiting?

I was actually trying to figure that out as well. LOL

The Bama guys I've seen project Goldman to FSU are usually right. They have a really good group of recruiting reporters. My guys tell me Auburn. But all those have to be guesses, because Goldman hasn't indicated anything to anyone yet.

Just my thoughts. I'll post my predictions tomorrow. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you guys can understand, I get the feeling nobody will accurately predict our close this year. One recruit in particular that I've been keeping up with has changed his mind three times just today  :laugh:

We are def going down to the wire Jonesy. It's a horse race and we are either gonna close strong at the finish or stumble at the turn. But even if we stumble, I think we end up finishing in what I would consider ahead of the curve, seeing what or coaches had to deal with. A spectacular job in pursuing the quality young men we have and ones that are considering us.

It seems which board you read as to where you think EG will end up. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I sure do hope Goldman dons the orange and blue this year. We'll find out Wednesday, if not before.

BM just posted that AU coaches met with Goldman's parents today but not Eddie.

I've stayed optimistic this whole time, but that doesn't sound good at all.

That sounds really strange. Three coaches fly to Maryland for a visit with his parents, but not Eddie?  I agree, that doesn't sound good.

You can't say good or bad from that. It could mean that he is coming to AU so the coaches just needed to meet with his parents to nail down and questions they had. It could mean anything.

BM added that Eddie hasn't wanted to meet w/ any schools the last few days and that ppl were making too much of the visit. Said he still doesn't predict Goldman to AU but doesn't know for sure who he will pick out of AU, FSU and Maryland.

How do you people conclude that doesn't sound good?  That could mean anything or nothing at all.  I'm a parent.  I can think of a thousand scenarios where I might want to talk with someone potentially involved with my son without him being there.

How do you people conclude that doesn't sound good?  That could mean anything or nothing at all.  I'm a parent.  I can think of a thousand scenarios where I might want to talk with someone potentially involved with my son without him being there.

^^Strong Post^^

I actually think this could be a good sign. If it is as close as everyone thinks it is, it could come down to where his parents recommend to him. Maybe they had some last questions for him. I'll leave it with our coaches and know they left it as good as possible.

My bad.  :laugh:

If you think it's not that big a deal, I'll take your word for it!

This sounds like the most likely scenario to me too.

I think it's funny how everybody glossed over BM mentioning Maryland out of nowhere.

^^THIS^^. When I saw this I was like, whoa, where'd they come from?

I think it's funny how everybody glossed over BM mentioning Maryland out of nowhere.

Doesn't he live close to Maryland? Could be he is considering staying close to home? :dunno:

I swore off recruiting after last year's NSD, but I had to log in to say this.

Anybody who wants to go play football at freaking MARYLAND has taken themselves out of any equation that matters conerning football.

Please.

I swore off recruiting after last year's NSD, but I had to log in to say this.

Anybody who wants to go play football at freaking MARYLAND has taken themselves out of any equation that matters conerning football.

Please.

It's the uniforms man...

Under-Armour-Maryland-uniforms*280.jpg?v=1

Doesn't he live close to Maryland? Could be he is considering staying close to home? :dunno:

UMD is essentially a DC school.  It's inside the beltway and it's on the DC Metro line.  I could absolutely imagine a District kid wanting to go to Maryland.

WDE!

A meeting with the parents is better than no meeting at all. I don't see it as being bad. Maybe Eddie wants to go to Auburn, but his parents needed to be recruited too? I don't think you can take much from it though. At least they didn't tell our coaches to stay home...

Archived