2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

BM Reporting that auburn coaches only were allowed to visit with his parents....What do you make of that? 

He may be just getting stressed out over the process and his parents are looking out for him and helping ease things by handling everything for him.

I don't know him personally but he may have not wanted to tell the coaches face to face he wasn't coming to Auburn. But I doubt this because he could have just called or had his parents call and say he didn't want to talk to them.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BM Reporting that auburn coaches only were allowed to visit with his parents....What do you make of that? 

He may be just getting stressed out over the process and his parents are looking out for him and helping ease things by handling everything for him.

I don't know him personally but he may have not wanted to tell the coaches face to face he wasn't coming to Auburn. But I doubt this because he could have just called or had his parents call and say he didn't want to talk to them.

Let's be clear about this. BM said Goldman did not want to meet with ANY coaches this week. If taken literally that means the FSU coaches as well.

Let's be clear about this. BM said Goldman did not want to meet with ANY coaches this week. If taken literally that means the FSU coaches as well.

Do you feel that his parents meeting with the coaches means anything positive?

Do you feel that his parents meeting with the coaches means anything positive?

They canceled the Bama visit so I think it's positive enough in a way that Auburn still got the visit.  The parents really like Auburn so that goes in Auburn's favor, but who knows... flip a coin. 

Canceled UAT coaches from showing up at all = tells me that they are out of it period...

Said to have met with FSU coaches, but parents only. Same for AU and we got the last visit. We may not get his commitment, but as of right now you have to say we still are in a close ball game with time for a final drive to win it...

We'll see.... But we all know how good CGC is in winning in this scenario.

I read it very positive. An earlier post said it. As a parent I beleive they are wanting to hear the assurances that AU will take care of their son. You have to recruit momma and daddy as much as the kid. Everyone has to be happy. The parents may want to make sure that AU coaches know about some of their sons personality or academic traits in private. Can't you imagine his mother calling him "her baby" and talking about how nice and polite he may be. It's usually the kind of stuff that an 18 yr old doesn't want said about him when he us a terror on the field. I get it completely. I have gone to many a parent/teacher meeting without my children present whether the subject was good or bad. Sometimes you want to have a coversation about your child without your child present. Especially when it is with someone that is about to have huge influence over them.

It only means he is done talking with coaches.  He may or may not have made up his mind but either way, the public is not going to know until he decides to let them know.  Whether the coaches knows...

Travis Williams posted elsewhere that the coaches did in fact with with Eddie as well during the visit.

I read the same thing on 247 but that could be just another rumor. If he did meet with the coaches then that's great news WDE!!!

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Goldman pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I think it means the parents wanted to hear the sales pitch for themselves with out him in the room.  It's one thing when the coaches are trying to impress a kid and another with the parents.  I think they wanted to hear everything for themselves, then possibly they sit down with Eddie and talk it over.  Sounds like good parenting to me.

I think it means the parents wanted to hear the sales pitch for themselves with out him in the room.  It's one thing when the coaches are trying to impress a kid and another with the parents.  I think they wanted to hear everything for themselves, then possibly they sit down with Eddie and talk it over.  Sounds like good parenting to me.

Agree with this. If the decision is down to 2 schools then the parents would need to be able to provide any direction or support based on their own assessment. If this is true, then I like CGC chances!

Canceled UAT coaches from showing up at all = tells me that they are out of it period...

Said to have met with FSU coaches, but parents only. Same for AU and we got the last visit. We may not get his commitment, but as of right now you have to say we still are in a close ball game with time for a final drive to win it...

Where did you hear this? All I have read says that Eddie met with FSU coaches earlier this week.

I think it's funny how everybody glossed over BM mentioning Maryland out of nowhere.

I actually said look out for the home school, about a month ago...

Regardless of where this kid goes, I'm impressed with they way he and his parents have handled it. At least to my knowledge, there hasn't been a lot of drama. He's taking the process seriously and it seems that he's been up front with his top choices.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Goldman pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Serious points for the Ferris Beuller reference

Serious points for the Ferris Beuller reference

all i can say is  :bow:  well done

It's at least as serious as your post.  :o:P

T Will just tweeted that he can't confirm the coaches met with Goldman.

he wouldn't have posted it on the facebook group if it weren't 100% fact.....IMO he probably wasn't supposed to put that out there, hence it now being deleted and him writing that on twitter

Where did you hear this? All I have read says that Eddie met with FSU coaches earlier this week.

Mentioned earlier in the thread. I was making the point that we had as good a shot as FSU if this was true. No inside info other than he supposedly said he wasn't meeting with ANY coaches this week... Sounded all inclusive...

Awesome, ha!!!  :laugh:

Archived