Mark May is picking Auburn

JC Cool

He says he'd take our senior running backs over their freshman QBs anyday.

106478[/snapback]

he also picked us to win the NC last year, and to beat USC. I don't trust anything he says anymore. as much as i hate him, trev alberts is right a lot of the time.

No offense but Mark May is the worst commentator on ESPN.

I know you all have plenty of anti-Trev picks but I also have beyond a lot of just off-the-charts joke of picks by May

Do you guys have anything better to do? Everyweek someone posts about Mark May or Trev Alberts and what they say, then the thread is full of bashing them. It is not easy to sit there and predict all the games out there, I would love for you to take a shot at it.. its very hard. I just think just because someone misses some games doesn't mean they have no knowledge in football. Mark May expresses a very good point, even though the outcome may be different, I would agree with him.

I know some of ya'll don't like Trev, but I love the guy. The fact is, he is usually right. He just says things some people don't like to hear. Mark May liked Auburn to go far last year after the USC win even. Trev called it from the beginning. Then when we were winning Trev hit it on the ball, "They are playing like a top 10 team but they don't deserve to be in the top 10" and he was right cuz then we got whipped by LSU.

Trev is usually right and I respect his opinion. You don't have to like everything he says, but I feel you have to respect it because it comes from an unbiased opinion and he looks at things more deeply and points out things that not everyone else stresses.

I think the reason I don't like Trev is because he doesn't give the SEC any credit. He's picking Georgia this year, but this is the first time I've seen him be high on a SEC team.

...  You don't have to like everything he says, but I feel you have to respect it because it comes from an unbiased opinion and he looks at things more deeply and points out things that not everyone else stresses.

106510[/snapback]

Dude ... :no: And you were doing fine until you blurted out this nonsense. Just because he's a talking head does not mean Trev is unbiased and "looks at things more deeply" than anybody else. He's human, therefore he's biased. He played at Nebraska, therefore he's biased. He played LB on defense , therefore he took a lot of shots to the head. He's an idiot as a result. Did I mention he's also biased?

First of all, AU's preseason hype last year. Trev came out with an opinion that AU was the most overated school. You think that makes him look prescient after AU dropped their first 2 games, right? I happen to know he had a 50-50 chance with his call and just got lucky. How do I know? Everyone remember's Trev's call last year but few remember his on-the-air "analysis" of why he considered AU overated. It was your typical big-school bias, almost bammie fan-like in its simplistic, idiotic logic: "Auburn hasn't been a top-ranked program in the past, and they'll never be one. They don't deserve to be ranked that high." Not one word about the real reason for AU's failure to deliver last year: Petrino left for Louisville and we didn't have an equally experienced OC in place. And it wasn't just in his preseason broadcasts either. It was the same throughout the season. Trev Alberts is a biased tool. His commentary is just flavor-of-the-week variety. And that's OK. It is entertaining after all.

i have to admit i liked his bias nonsense when he kept calling ole miss the runt of the litter. he said they were scrappy, but eventually the runt gets pushed out of the front seat. i thought that was funny.

My beef with Trev wasn't WHAT he said. It was HOW he said it. He says crap like, "Auburn will always be Auburn. They dont stand a chance." Instead of "Auburn will just be out matched." His picks are pompous and he is condescending to the losing team. J-E-R-K is all he is.

AURaptor picks Auburn over UT

:P

106507[/snapback]

I can't believe this! Everytime AURaptor picks us we.... oh, wait.... I don't think I have ever seen your picks! I just though it was standard formation to bash the picker...

I think he's setting it up to pick Auburn. He has us at #3 of his top 5 teams. He should pick us saturday from what I've seen from him.

"Corso says that "Auburn probably doesn't even have a chance..." with the Vols at home".

Well, on last weekend's ESPN football wrapup show, Corso picked AU. He's a clown, he couldn't put a lid on his spastic, type-A routine during the Air Force/Navy game when they were talking about alumni killed in Iraq...and he has the attention span of a 6 year old. May and Alberts are scripted puppets. Never thought I'd miss Keith Jackson this much...

It's in the ESPN Motion review of the SEC on the right side of the CFB page. K. Herb. calls Corso out on it and says, "who did you pick to win the SEC?" And Corso says "Duke."

He's as flip-floppy as Kerry.

Archived