Anyone else hearing we are talking to

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy with that. Always alot of fun knocking around a Big 12 team. Also hope it's true, We need a stronger OOC schedule.

That would be pretty cool. I think the only time we've ever played them was Sullivan's Heisman year in the Sugar Bowl...so it'd be nice to see that match-up. And I do know our return trip of the home-home with K-State is in 2014, so it'd look good to put another (and a major one at that) Big XII school on our schedule...or whatever that conference will be called in 2015.

I would like more mid-profile game. Play A&M or OkSU. UNC, UVA. There is a median between scheduling Oklahoma and Louisiana Monroe, and we can't seem to find it.

I would like more mid-profile game. Play A&M or OkSU. UNC, UVA. There is a median between scheduling Oklahoma and Louisiana Monroe, and we can't seem to find it.

I'd agree with this.  Texas A&M would be a great Clemson equivalent, to go along with the other standard 3 "recovery games" on the schedule.  Adding extra games against elite opponents when LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas/Georgia (seems like one or the other is usually good, but rarely are both elite), plus possibly Florida or Tennessee are on the schedule already is just asking for trouble. 

I think a home and home with Oklahoma would be great. I'm not scared of the Sooners. They beat up on teams with average to good talent; get checked when playing teams with great talent.  We have recruited great talent as of late. Besides, the media loves them, so getting punk'd by us would elevate our national perception. Bring it!

Just get Clemson off the schedule..........I'm tired of them and dabo.

I'm loving this Clemson-Auburn rivalry that the two schools are trying to build up. The first game was a great one and I'm expecting this years game @Clemson and the starter in the GA Dome in 2012 to be the same.

But let's put Oklahoma on the schedule. It'd be a big positive for both sides

I like the clemson game personally.  I would like oklahoma too but I get tired of people saying we should beef up our ooc schedule.  People who say that always remind me of  sports personalities(practically all of them) who say the same thing but defend a team like boise st. (who I do think is good) when they play 10 of those so called weak teams that we play 2 or 3 times a year along with 5 or more top 25 teams.   It just makes no sense to me. If everyone could be fair and open minded then any SEC teams schedule would not be argued with.  How many top 25 teams do you expect our team to beat in a given year. No one argues about a team like texas, oklahoma, nebraska, oregon, ohio st, ect. who play just as weak out of conference games and not as many top 25 teams and either do not play a conf. championship game at all or half the time get a sorry team that is barley over .500.  I would like a good ooc game each year but am not going to put them down for not playing one.

The last time Tennessee had a series with Notre Dame, they had to give them two games in South Bend for one in Knoxville.  It's my understanding that they made this same offer (2 for 1) to Auburn in the past and we told them to forget it.

The last time Tennessee had a series with Notre Dame, they had to give them two games in South Bend for one in Knoxville.  It's my understanding that they made this same offer (2 for 1) to Auburn in the past and we told them to forget it.

We won the National Championship, so we need to offer two at Auburn and 1 at Notre Dame.  :wedance:

It's so funny how Notre Dame holds themselves to such an elite status when they haven't been relevant in many many years. The media is the same way with them, they win their first two games of the season and they're BCS title contenders until they lose their next six.

Anyways, Oklahoma vs Auburn would be awesome. Bring in Texas A&M too. My ex-girlfriend went there, was a huge fan, and I'd love for Auburn to smash them into the ground. It would eat her alive...   :bananadance:

Well by 2015 Oklahoma will probably be another conference so, why schedule someone that you will have to replace anyway?

How does having them in another conference make any difference in us scheduling them?

Archived