I Talked To Coach Yesterday

aub4life

No, really....A friend of mine (who lives in Auburn) was in Ridgeway at his book signing yesterday.  There were some stunned people: "You live in THE Auburn?"

Anyway, while he was signing the book she got for me, she handed him her cell phone and from that end, I hear Coach Chizik say "War Eagle, (insert my name)". Yep, he said my name. 

I had to call a few folks and let them know I had just gotten off the phone with Coach  :thumbsup:  :bow:

I cannot wait for the season to start!!

War EAGLE!!

No, really....A friend of mine (who lives in Auburn) was in Ridgeway at his book signing yesterday.  There were some stunned people: "You live in THE Auburn?"

Anyway, while he was signing the book she got for me, she handed him her cell phone and from that end, I hear Coach Chizik say "War Eagle, (insert my name)". Yep, he said my name. 

I had to call a few folks and let them know I had just gotten off the phone with Coach   :thumbsup:  :bow:

War EAGLE!!

You need to set that as your ringtone.

I had to call a few folks and let them know I had just gotten off the phone with Coach   :thumbsup:  :bow:

War EAGLE!!

Speaking of ringtones, is there any way that I can get one of Jim Fyffe saying, "Touchdown Auburn!"?

War EAGLE!!

Speaking of ringtones, is there any way that I can get one of Jim Fyffe saying, "Touchdown Auburn!"?

I like it!!! :thumbsup:

You need to set that as your ringtone. Speaking of ringtones, is there any way that I can get one of Jim Fyffe saying, "Touchdown Auburn!"?

Yes I want one also!

War EAGLE!!

Yes, you can get Fyffe's "Touchdown Auburn" as a ringtone on Zedge app, and its free on Droid

anyone know about an Iphone app with JF on it?

That's neat. What a down to earth guy.

(insert my name) is pretty unique.  Is it a family name? 

If this weren't a family site, I could make such a raunchy joke out of that...:laugh:

(insert my name) is pretty unique.  Is it a family name? 

I knew somebody would comment on that  :-[  kinda goofy looking  :laugh:

I wasn't sure it was allowed for folks to post their real name  :-X

I'd really like to meet coach Chizik. Over the years, I've had the chnace to meet coaches Dye, Bowden and Tuberville. I never got the chance to meet coach Jordan or coach Barfield.

I have had the opportunity to go bird hunting with Coach Dye. He has a horse-drawn wagon he takes/took on hunts. He was very nice and it was a great day. We had a blast. That is my only experience with Coach Dye.

I saw Bowden and Tuberville all the time. Bowden was pretty cocky. I never saw him be rude, but I did hear a few stories. One day he got off the airplane and set his briefcase down and headed off for the car. He got to the gate and turned around to see me walking off the other way. He had to turn around walk back and get it. He had expected me to follow him with his bag. No one really cared for him.

As for coach Tubs, he was the most polite, gracious man you can imagine. I saw him come in on the airplane one day shortly after the last game of the regular season, he went inside to use the restroom and started talking to folks inside the building. I guess he was there nearly an hour, talking, laughing, posing with whoever wanted for pictures, and signing countless autographs. If you didn't know who he was, he would have been just a guy there talking.

I also went quail hunting with Coach Dye when Mike Shula was just starting out as bama's coach. At breakfast the first morning, I asked Coach Dye what he thought about Coach Shula. He looked up at me from his bacon and eggs and said"I think he's cute". I said ,"No Coach. I mean do you think he will be able to make it at Alabama." And he said, " Not if he can't beat Auburn". Smart man.

That beats me walking into Coach Bowden years ago on the way to the Ruby Tuesday salad bar.  I knew we were in trouble when I noticed his out fit: khakis, white mock turtleneck, navy blazer, white socks and BIRKENSTOCKS.  For his sake, I hoped the only reason for the Birkenstocks was plantar fasciitis.   

:believe:

That beats me walking into Coach Bowden years ago on the way to the Ruby Tuesday salad bar.  I knew we were in trouble when I noticed his out fit: khakis, white mock turtleneck, navy blazer, white socks and BIRKENSTOCKS.  For his sake, I hoped the only reason for the Birkenstocks was plantar fasciitis.   

Apparently he gave up on salads shortly after that.  :o  :laugh:

Apparently he gave up on salads shortly after that.   :o   :laugh:

:laugh:

Last year, I saw him waddling through Dales in Florence and was shocked to see just how big he is.  He's got to be pushing 350 and at 5'6" I'm at least two inches taller than him.  I feel bad for his knees. 

I ran into Coach Grimes and his family at the beach this week. He's bigger and taller than he looks on t.v.  But a super nice guy, not what you would expect dealing with the big uglies all the time :)

I ran into Coach Grimes and his family at the beach this week. He's bigger and taller than he looks on t.v.  But a super nice guy, not what you would expect dealing with the big uglies all the time :)

Do you reckon any of the kids (his players) give him any slack jaw? :)

Archived