Unsung Hero

AUCrete

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gusty Yearout, a heck of a linebacker, who never got the credit he deserved. Also like to throw Mickey Zofko on the list as well.

His little brother, Tommy, wasnt bad either. 

My vote- Hanly Funderburk

Quote From the Bodda Getta:

"Dr. Hanly Funderburk was responsible for bringing Pat Dye to Auburn University and he should be afforded the credit. The rest is history. "

Much respect to Shug Jordan but Pat dye showed us we could once again stand toe to toe with UA.

Neil Caudle, Kodi Burns and Brandon Johnson. 2004 d-line.

God bless him and I will always have a world of respect for the kid because he is a fine young Auburn Man, but Kodi is FAR from "unsung".

He well deserves all the accolades that he has received since Summer 2009, but those accolades (and there have been plenty of them) make Kodi as "sung" a hero as Auburn has had in some time.  :)

At first blush, I'd say Josh Bynes because we saw him the last couple of years. He never got the recognition he deserved. He should've been All-SEC for 2010. Let me think back alittle and I'll get back with you.

Gusty Yearout, a heck of a linebacker, who never got the credit he deserved. Also like to throw Mickey Zofko on the list as well.

His little brother, Tommy, wasnt bad either. 

Both brothers played their hearts out!

Those six occupants in Section 16, Row 48, seats 11-16.  They ARE the unsung heros...at least for the last two decades!  :we:

Brandon Johnson and Jake Slaughter

Two of my favorites  :)Plus Tommy Agee Just too many to name.

Terry Daniel. Flipped the field many times when we were in the shadow of our own endzone!

He can smash a golf ball also...

I bet! If you never did get to hear the sound of his foot hitting a football in person, you missed something. Nastiest sound I ever heard. Like a cannon going off. One of my all-time favorite players at Auburn.

Terry Daniel. Flipped the field many times when we were in the shadow of our own endzone!

He can smash a golf ball also...

I bet! If you never did get to hear the sound of his foot hitting a football in person, you missed something. Nastiest sound I ever heard. Like a cannon going off. One of my all-time favorite players at Auburn.

Boom it, Terry! Boom it!

Archived