AVERY YOUNG, Palm Beach Gardens

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very much.....

only issue is that he loves UF, but the issue there is that UF already has Dunker and is almost a shoe in at this point for 5* DJ Humphries. So, needless to say, they're stacked. And Humphries is an EE and Dunker is trying so they'll have a leg up on Young there too.

I'd say we have a very, very good shot at him if we really make him a priority. JMO, no inside info.

Avery is a stud..he's from Ga and has flirted with Uga over the last month or so but he visited UF for camp then called off his visit to Pupnite...the FL Rivals guys believe he's going to commit next weekend to UF which is bad news becasue Coach Davis doesn't allow players to "play" the recruiting game once they commit. BTW UF is taking 4-5 OL this cycle.

Avery is a stud..he's from Ga and has flirted with Uga over the last month or so but he visited UF for camp then called off his visit to Pupnite...the FL Rivals guys believe he's going to commit next weekend to UF which is bad news becasue Coach Davis doesn't allow players to "play" the recruiting game once they commit. BTW UF is taking 4-5 OL this cycle.

Well if this is true, maybe this helps us out some with Humphries. With two elite OTs already committed maybe we can sneak in there. I know it will be tough with his trainer being a UF guy but stranger things have happened.

Isn't (John?) Theus a likely UF lean as well?

Nope... UGa, where his brother plays, but I'd say that UF does have a slim shot at him, albeit a VERY slim shot!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.  Any word on Young and AU?

Nope. He is a tough nut to crack... doesn't give many interviews. He also hasn't taken many visits either, with Miami and Florida being the only two places he's been. He has said that the main schools that he is interested in are Florida, Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama, and that he plans to visit all four. He was set to visit UGa for Dawg Night and Florida for Friday Nite Lights, but he cancelled both trips. He's listed those two as his "favorites" in the past, even though he's never even been to Athens. He is originally from GA, and his cousin is Thomas Davis, who played safety at UGa, so that's the main reason he likes them. He has a good relationship with the coaches at UF, and many have said that they are the "team to beat", but I really think that he remains "open" at this time, and anyone could take over his top spot with a good visit. He's a self-described "country boy", and he says that he loves "small town atmospheres". So, I expect he'll probably end up taking his OV's to the four schools I mentioned before (plus one other), and then he'll commit sometime afterward. I'd say that we have just as good of a shot as anyone, except possibly UF, since he's already been there.

• 1 month later...

;D

he's not close to committing, but I believe we lead for Young as of now.

he's not afraid to compete whatsoever, but with Theus at UGA and Humphries at UF, we are in great shape. We were the first to call him on contact day and we've REALLY made huge moves for him.

;D

he's not afraid to compete whatsoever, but with Theus at UGA and Humphries at UF, we are in great shape. We were the first to call him on contact day and we've REALLY made huge moves for him.

I actually think that you could be right. Between Young, Ricardo Louis, TJ Davis, Leonard Williams and Deon Bush, we could end up stealing 5 of the top 50 players out of Florida this year! We continue to KILL IT in one of the top recruiting states in the country! Oh, and I didn't even mention Evan Goodman and Nelson Agholor, who we still have a good shot at also!  :)

;D

I actually think that you could be right. Between Young, Ricardo Louis, TJ Davis, Leonard Williams and Deon Bush, we could end up stealing 5 of the top 50 players out of Florida this year! We continue to KILL IT in one of the top recruiting states in the country! Oh, and I didn't even mention Evan Goodman and Nelson Agholor, who we still have a good shot at also!  :)

Yeah, with Goodman, I think it's more of a deal where we'll wait to see what happens with Vadal Alexander before really turning it up for Goodman, who I believe we think is an OG.

Won't get my hopes up for Agholor though. He hasn't even mentioned us or even taking an OV to us in a long time.

NOt sure if you've followed the recruitment of Dante Fowler but Dante really like UF but his father is ALL Nole and won't have any of that from his son...well its the samething with Avery. His father is ALL Gator and part of the reason he didn't make the trip to UGA was his father shut it down(other half was injury). Also, Dunker is moving inside to Guard for UF so Hump and Young are the bookend T they are after. TIFWIW

NOt sure if you've followed the recruitment of Dante Fowler but Dante really like UF but his father is ALL Nole and won't have any of that from his son...well its the samething with Avery. His father is ALL Gator and part of the reason he didn't make the trip to UGA was his father shut it down(other half was injury). Also, Dunker is moving inside to Guard for UF so Hump and Young are the bookend T they are after. TIFWIW

if Dunker agrees to move inside that could certainly throw a wrench into that decision. I do know that Avery is extremely high on Auburn though. Didn't know that about his pops though.

• 4 weeks later...

Chad Simmons from Scout just reported that he spoke with his coach 5 min. ago and Avery will be here this weekend on an official.  :)

This is very big.  Any recruit coming to the game this weekend will be blown away by the atmosphere. 

very good that he's visiting for this game to see the atmosphere. A little bit of bad news though.......

Dunker has been told, and is okay with, that he is going to be starting out at OG at UF. This is bad news because it opens up another tackle spot at UF (which is where Young's dad prefers). We just need to keep plugging away at Young though. He really, really likes Auburn and Grimes. Won't be easy but i still think we can pull him in.

very good that he's visiting for this game to see the atmosphere. A little bit of bad news though.......

Dunker has been told, and is okay with, that he is going to be starting out at OG at UF. This is bad news because it opens up another tackle spot at UF (which is where Young's dad prefers). We just need to keep plugging away at Young though. He really, really likes Auburn and Grimes. Won't be easy but i still think we can pull him in.

unless his Pops backs of we aint getting Avery....visited LSU last week for UF game and coming to here this weekend.  Seems that he's following UF around on others dime. jmo

unless his Pops backs of we aint getting Avery....visited LSU last week for UF game and coming to here this weekend.  Seems that he's following UF around on others dime. jmo

and a very good opinion and observation!! I agree.

unless his Pops backs of we aint getting Avery....visited LSU last week for UF game and coming to here this weekend. Seems that he's following UF around on others dime. jmo

and a very good opinion and observation!! I agree.

"5-star OT Avery Young is not going to visit Auburn this weekend like he originally planned. Something came up so he won't be able to make it" Chad Simmons

Sounds like Pops doing work again.

Maybe he'll come for a non-Florida game?  :dunno:

Just wishful thinking....  ;D

(or maybe he realized this week he won't be getting a bag of cash if he comes to Auburn -- j/k of course)

Four-star offensive tackle Avery Young (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) updated the Sun-Sentinel on the current status of his recruitment.

"I know [i'll visit] Florida, Georgia, Auburn and Oklahoma. That's a solid ... I feel good about those four right there."

Young previously included Alabama and Virginia Tech in his group of leaders. Florida State, Michigan, N.C. State, West Virginia, Miami-FL and South Carolina have also offered.

He intends to visit Auburn in two weeks for its contest against Ole Miss.

Archived