AVERY YOUNG, Palm Beach Gardens

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he will be pushing off his decision until national signing day. All of the coaching changes on our side have scared him off his original date. Says uga and us still his top two but may bring other s back into the mix. There will be more.

he will be pushing off his decision until national signing day. All of the coaching changes on our side have scared him off his original date. Says uga and us still his top two but may bring other s back into the mix. There will be more.

Ok thanks, we need quality linemen.

I don't get that. Grimes isn't going anywhere. Must be some bigtime negative recruiting going on aganst us.

Missing 2 coordinators doesn't help, but the biggest negative against us right now is the dismal performance of our offense this year, and the OL in particular.

Doesn't look good when there is no improvement all season

Agree about the improvement or lack thereof, but our biggest mistake, IMO, on the OL this year was the fact that we put players out there with little room for improvement (seniors and rs jrs who have basically maxed out their potential). While experience is nice and so is a rs year, if a guy like GR who is extremely unlikely to stay past his rs so or MAYBE his rs jr year barring injury, it seems like a waste of a year of eligibility and will leave us vastly inexperienced AGAIN next year on the OL.

Now if your Sr is head and shoulders above the Fr it's easy. If they are somewhat similar in performance in the spring and fall, you have to assume the young guy is going to improve more over the course of the season than the vet who has had 4-5 years of college coaching/experience.

Bama wants him cause he could help us so much.  Past will tell u they will sign more than expected.  No disrecpect at all.  You will see a last hard push for Avery in the end from Bama.  Like I said take it for what it is worth.  I am no insider. I don't claim to be second hand information.  Second hand info that is a very good source though.

Not like the days of bear anymore. If they want Avery its because he can help them not so much JUST to keep him away from us.

I think Tana Patrick, Petey Smith, Corey Grant, Brent Calloway, Cyrus K, and the late courting of Shon Coleman would speak to the contrary.

Bama wants him cause he could help us so much.  Past will tell u they will sign more than expected.  No disrecpect at all.  You will see a last hard push for Avery in the end from Bama.  Like I said take it for what it is worth.  I am no insider. I don't claim to be second hand information.  Second hand info that is a very good source though.

Not like the days of bear anymore. If they want Avery its because he can help them not so much JUST to keep him away from us.

I think Tana Patrick, Petey Smith, Corey Grant, Brent Calloway, Cyrus K, and the late courting of Shon Coleman would speak to the contrary.

Exclude Ck from that. He was playing before he got injured.

Fair enough but I think it is obvious that $aban does recruit some kids for seemingly the sole purpose of keeping us from filling some needs.

The bad guys are pulling out all the stops right now with every high profile recruit on our board and its not just dumbo state.

There is a concerted effort by state media both print and electronic to erode the auburn image at all costs.

Fair enough but I think it is obvious that $aban does recruit some kids for seemingly the sole purpose of keeping us from filling some needs.

Seriously doubt that.  That would have been true during PBP's days.  Slot numbers are too few, too precious.

The bad guys are pulling out all the stops right now with every high profile recruit on our board and its not just dumbo state.

There is a concerted effort by state media both print and electronic to erode the auburn image at all costs.

What does this have to do with Avery Young? Bama is barely even recruiting the kid. It's a dog and cat fight between AU and the East Side Buttsniffers. The Turds are out.

Tana Patrick

Plays.  And is only a RSSO.

Petey Smith

Looked as if he was all AU until Chizik stopped recruiting him

Corey Grant

Possibly.  Or saban wanted him as a DB from the get go.

Brent Calloway

Isn't it a little early to call a RS season a bust? 

Cyrus K

False.  He will start at LT next year.  Played a lot this year before getting injured.

Shon Coleman

Could have been, may still be, an all-sec type of LT.  Those come at a premium. 

Did you read what I said in my original post. I didn't mention Alabama going after Avery I mentioned Georgia. I also mentioned that every other recruiting foe is using the negative reporting generated by our states' media machine to try and sway these kids both committed and not committed. Georgia isn't using the information from the Georgia media to defame us they are using the Alabama media information. It all comes back to the perception that is being painted on the Alabama canvas and the Auburn canvas. We have lost 2 coordinators, they have lost 1 with another coordinator looking for an out and  a position coach looking for an out. Has it been presented even closely to the same for both programs. One local radio Bammer mentioned every 15 minutes "Gus Malzahn has left the plains for Arkansas State for an entire day, never mentioned McElwain. The premature reporting of Stoops to Auburn was a pre-emptive strike to make us look undesirable and unstable if it didn't come to fruition.  Those are just two examples. When David Housel was blasted for his article on Alabama coming for your children and this is a war, he knew what he was talking about. Not in a physical sense because that is not what he was implying. It is what we are seeing everyday in the paper and hearing on the airwaves. When I said he not the only one I meant he won't be the only kid swayed by the garbage being dumped on us from all sides.

This is what you posted and is what I am referring to. You did not mention UGA at all in that post. You talk about state and state media. 99% of the time that means Bama.

Also the Stoops thing had nothing to do with Bammer initially. They may have spun it later but Doug Amos was the first to report it. I know Doug personally and the man is a stand up guy and class act. He would not have reported it to be a bama spin machine.

Also the Stoops thing had nothing to do with Bammer initially. They may have spun it later but Doug Amos was the first to report it. I know Doug personally and the man is a stand up guy and class act. He would not have reported it to be a bama spin machine.

I know Doug too...the problem is he received bad information, information he should have confirmed as fact before reporting it.

he will be pushing off his decision until national signing day. All of the coaching changes on our side have scared him off his original date. Says uga and us still his top two but may bring others back into the mix. There will be more.

"this was my original post , No Mention of West Vance here but bringing others back into the mix ain't just us and Georgia"

"The bad guys are pulling out all the stops right now with every high profile recruit on our board and its not just dumbo state" - second post and that's more than just BAMA

I am trying to get everyone to understand on here that ALL of our recruiting foes are using OUR OWN STATE MEDIA and us as fans in some of situations to get their message out for them.

he will be pushing off his decision until national signing day. All of the coaching changes on our side have scared him off his original date. Says uga and us still his top two but may bring others back into the mix. There will be more.

"this was my original post , No Mention of West Vance here but bringing others back into the mix ain't just us and Georgia"

"The bad guys are pulling out all the stops right now with every high profile recruit on our board and its not just dumbo state" - second post and that's more than just BAMA

I am trying to get everyone to understand on here that ALL of our recruiting foes are using OUR OWN STATE MEDIA and us as fans in some of situations to get their message out for them.

Maybe they are. Maybe they are not. I am just tired of reading the conspiracy stuff on here seemingly 24/7 365. There is nothing we can do about it so there is no point griping about it and beating a dead horse.

Where do you reside Ellitor. Not getting personal but I am trying to get a grip on how someone that has lived in this state and been an Auburn supporter during that time has not seen a media bias at least in the Area I stomp around in

(Birmingham Market). Fox News in this area broke it early that morning and Karle isn't in it for The Tigers benefit. If it wasn't for Eyes on Auburn podcast Tuesday nights we would be oh-fer around here. Avery Young isn't reading or hearing the demise of Auburn from "The Palm Beach Post". No conspiracy Theory here just facts. I don't have to mention New York Post, Joe Schaad, etc. etc....just the Alabama Reporting.

Where do you reside Ellitor. Not getting personal but I am trying to get a grip on how someone that has lived in this state and been an Auburn supporter during that time has not seen a media bias at least in the Area I stomp around in

(Birmingham Market). Fox News in this area broke it early that morning and Karle isn't in it for The Tigers benefit. If it wasn't for Eyes on Auburn podcast Tuesday nights we would be oh-fer around here. Avery Young isn't reading or hearing the demise of Auburn from "The Palm Beach Post". No conspiracy Theory here just facts. I don't have to mention New York Post, Joe Schaad, etc. etc....just the Alabama Reporting.

Well living in Auburn helps. The only radio show I listen to is sportscall which is pro Auburn. Besides that the only other media I get is tweets about recruits. I rarely watch gameday, college football live or sportscenter. I learned at a very early age living in Prattville to block the media out because montgomery never covered prattville. I never said I did not see the bias. I just ignore it. The only thing that can be done to help it I can see is AU vastly improving its communications program. Bama's communication is much better so therfore more of their graduates get hired in media positions.

Wish I could get some A.U. shipped up this way. Never will forget my little girls' first visit to Auburn. Two statements...

"Daddy everybody is dressed like us and there's no Alabama stuff" and "can we please live here".

Even at 9 years old, she is verbally badgered for her team and that comes from parents because they don't know what newspapers and talk radio is (she has gotten worse than me in her allegiance and that's saying something). It has gotten progressively uglier since 2009 in all areas including recruiting. I know if Avery could just spend a little time around the real people of Auburn without the haterade, it would be no contest.

Archived