FIRE TUBS NOW! AND CAMPBELL SUCKS TOO!

irnimrod

In a seriousness, Auburn's leadership has prevented CTT from having as good of a recruiting class as he could have had for the past two years. Just think how good our team could have been with several of the top named players who dropped us after the JETGATE mess.

Our TEMP in the President's position also humiliated the school again by saying how CTT's job is NOT SECURE! He needs to publically recant now and give a huge vote of confidence to CTT.

If your position has ever been that CTT should have been fired, then you need to be man enough to voice that opinion today!

If you have ever said that Cox should start over Campbell, you should be man enough to voice that opinion today!

So where are the voices of the great "smart" guys who know whats best for Auburn?

Shouldn't we wait until the end of the season to fire 'em? *grin*

You're not much of an Auburn fan if you want to critize this team. Let's get behind them and win some championships!

War Damn Eagle!!!

If your position has ever been that CTT should have been fired, then you need to be man enough to voice that opinion today!

If you have ever said that Cox should start over Campbell, you should be man enough to voice that opinion today!

So where are the voices of the great "smart" guys who know whats best for Auburn?

Preach it brother, Preach it!!

I imagine they are sitting at their respective dinner tables digging into that heaping helping of crow CTT and JC just handed to them.

Preach it brother, Preach it!!

I imagine they are sitting at their respective dinner tables digging into that heaping helping of crow CTT and JC just handed to them.

107290[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Not to mention some "so-called AU Fans" that have just popped up on the board(again) prior to this week's game. I am sure that Coach Tuberville has made them very angry with the W over the Vols. :big::big::big:

sorry - I still say after CTT's hiring debacle last year, he deserved to be fired.

It would have been one thing if he interviewed numerous candidates and then chose Nall and Emsinger from the group. But he didn't. He put friend loyalty and their interests over the interests of Auburn University.

The "powers that be" you speak of also brought on the hiring of Gene Chizik and Bobby Petrino - and also forced CTT to demone the Nallsminger and hire Al Borges . . we now how two Coordinators who are easily top 3 in the conference.

I don't want him gone now - but I did after last season - and don't regret feeling that way. Perhaps he learned a lesson and now can truly become an elite coach. That's certainly how it looks right now.

THANKS FOR BEING A MAN ABOUT IT CHUCK!

WAR EAGLE!

I don't think anyone forced Tubs to change OC. He probably was doing that without any prompting.

And I still say that with the mistake CTT made last year, he deserved another chance. :D

No matter how this season ends CTT needs to be asured he is our coach for a long long time if he desires.

Realistically, the next couple of years will not be as good as this one due in part to the "PTB" causing down recruiting years.

Sarcasm noted. Anybody that follows AU football at all and has any kind of a heart, has to feel great for, and about, JC and CTT after last night. I've always jumped on both the "JC sucks" and the "JC for Heisman" types and nothing has changed. JC works his rear off, shows terrific class, has enormous potential and went a long way to realizing that potential last night. But before you start burning offerings at his shrine, remember his issues have ALWAYS been the rollercoaster ride. Watch the game last night again...when the hang over has worn off. Best game of his career, still several QB plays when one scratches one's head and says "what the,..." We're not talking about splitting hairs either. UGA's secondary won't be UTs. Don't mean to be a downer after this great win, WAR EAGLE. But when I saw the nya, nya, told you so posts, I just had to say...not so fast my friend... ;)

Maybe after being fired last year, Tubby had a fire lit under his backside. The team, overall seems better prepared. Afte last year hiring he should have (and basically was) , fired. Tubby, this year, has seemed to turn the corner in his coaching career. A lot of games left this season I hope the success continues.

Like I said before: #94561 . 'I hope I am wrong about Tubby this year.' But 5 years of underachievement, imo, can't be erased in 5 games in one season. But, I like, I said, I hope I am wrong because that means that AU is having success this year.

BTW, Petrino is also 4-0 (in his second year). How long did it take Tubby? 5 years???

:big:

One thing I think we lose sight of is the national perception that programs like AU and UA have. Last night, how many times did ESPN mention Petrinogate? Gottfried, like him or not, had a great point. He talked about the BOT debacle, Richardson's comments and a little about Tubs and basically said, "What in the world do you have do to please the people at AU?"

What that translates into for me is...we better get behind this staff and do everything we can as fans to help them succeed because the bottom line is, who would want to come coach under this kind of pressure?

BTW, Petrino is also 4-0 (in his second year). How long did it take Tubby? 5 years???

107325[/snapback]

First of all, Tubby did it in his second season, and started 3-1 his first year at the helm against much stronger competetion with nothing at all to work with (ie, Tater left the cupboard bare) whereas Petrino inherited a pretty decent Louisville club from John L Smith.

Secondly, Petrino coaches in C-USA, which you have to admit is a looong way from the SEC.

Tommy Tuberville will only be as good as his offensive coordinator. Unforunately, auburn will experience a minor drought in talent after the 2005 season. It will take a great recruiting season to prevent this from happening. As long as Al Borges sticks around (and Chizik), Auburn should be decent.

Richardson should just STFU.

Every time he opens his pie-hole he embarrasses the University.

Well said!!!!! When will this guy go away? Sometimes I wonder if he is an ALABAMA SPY or conspirator.

Get out of our way Mr. Richardson. The AU Train is running though!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I recall leaving the AU/UA game the year Tater Tot bolted. I commented to a friend that I don't remember ever seeing so little talent on an Auburn team. The next year CTT comes in and immeditely says the same thing publically. He was stunned by what he walked into.

Think about it. This team had to struggle to come out on top of the likes of Appy State and Idaho. CTT was basically left with decent Division 1-AA talent to compete with in the SEC. Personally, I think he's about right as far as a timeline to get this program on a competitive level nationally.

The two times when I have been disillusioned with CTT were first, the 31-7 arse kickin' by the Tide at our house. AU had the far better team and came in ill-prepared, smug and unmotivated to paly our biggest rival.Second, the Nallsminger decision. CTT delegates authority to his assistants and it's absolutely imperative that he hire good people. He blew that one. I was not on the fire CTT bandwagon, but I would have been had he not done something about that situation.

All that being said, we still have a lot of mountains to climb this year. But it's good to see the program on what looks like very solid ground.

I guess I have always worn Orange and Blue Glasses and been a supporter of Tommy T and Jason C. As an Auburn Fan I guess I try to look for the positives of all the Coaches and Players. Tommy inherited a mess from Tater Tot (The one coach that caused me to take of the O&B glasses and scream fire his dwarf b4 I bust a vein) and has built great team talent. Jason has had to wade thru a quagmire of 4 OC's and only two were good.

As a fan I must support our players and Coaches unless they are complete imbeciles or related to Bobby Bowden.

WDE

One thing I think we lose sight of is the national perception that programs like AU and UA have.  Last night, how many times did ESPN mention Petrinogate?  Gottfried, like him or not, had a great point.  He talked about the BOT debacle, Richardson's comments and a little about Tubs and basically said, "What in the world do you have do to please the people at AU?"

107335[/snapback]

Now that you mention it, no, I don't like Gottfried. By now, everybody knows what happened, right? Who are you informing by rehashing the whole thing in the middle of the game? I'm watching the best :au: performance in years and he has to go drag up Petrinogate. I've had enough of it. It's over, let's put it behind us.

Oh, and someone needs to get Richardson a muzzle ASAP.

AB seems to have righted the ship. for now. I am happy about that! JC has FINALLY, for one game, become the QB he and others thought he would. Let's hope he continues to improve. The Head Coach is only as good as his last game. I still am not happy with CTT's past, but for the present things look good. I am one who will not be satisfied until we reach the top and win it all. Then, stay there in that 10 to 11 wins a season mode for a while. AB is on his way out the door, if he keeps us clicking last last night. Someone will hire him as a Head Coach. It now appears Jimbo Fisher will have to wait for another job somewhere other than Auburn to open up! Good luck Jimbo! :au:

I never said ctt should be fired. If they had fired him last year I wouldn't have complained too loudly or at all, although now we see it would have been a huge mistake.

CTT is learning from his mistakes! I am sure that most of the ones who have put heat on him are very glad to see him succeeding now! There are probably a few hateful ones here and there, but oh well. All the criticism has made CTT a stronger person and a better coach even if some went overboard.

Lets put the past behind us where it belongs and enjoy this awesome moment in AU history. It could be a VERY memorable season! Lets all get behind the Tigers and cheer them on!

Maybe after being fired last year, Tubby had a fire lit under his backside. The team, overall seems better prepared. Afte last year hiring he should have (and basically was) , fired. Tubby, this year, has seemed to turn the corner in his coaching career. A lot of games left this season I hope the success continues.

Like I said before:  #94561 . 'I hope I am wrong about Tubby this year.' But 5 years of underachievement, imo, can't be erased in 5 games in one season. But, I like, I said, I hope I am wrong because that means that AU is having success this year.

107325[/snapback]

Go ahead blackbird. You would make a great Louisville Cardinal fan.

I would say that you will be missed, but,.....Why lie? :no::big::lol:

I agree with Chuck on this one. If Petrinogate had not happened, I don't think Tub's would have grasped the gravity of the situation. He has made the changes and now knows that you don't have to be perfect, you just have to be very prudent with the decisions that you make as a head coach. I don't think he had EVER been held accountable to the level that he is at now. Now its time for Tubs and the university to come to an agreement that this is what is expected year in and year out. I see an expediency and more of a focus coming from the whole staff. And that is the professionalism I have expected all along.

Now, as far a JC goes. All I can say is that some aliens have abducted him and left this extremely focused individual in his place. I like it. IF this same JC shows up the rest of the year, AU will be the team to beat. I have said it all along, JC is the key. He cannot play just to not lose the game, he has to be a BIG part of the winning of it. And it makes a huge difference having another OC who can see whatever weakness JC has and make sure that he coaches around the rough edges. That is what a true OC knows how to do. Kudos to all, Tubs, JC, and Borges. If this is the type football we have to look forward too, I will have to start wearing my diaper during the games. I'll be so tickled. :blink::big:

Our TEMP in the President's position also humiliated the school again by saying how CTT's job is NOT SECURE! He needs to publically recant now and give a huge vote of confidence to CTT.

I agree Big Ed should show some public support for CTT. But I read his interview in which he said CTT's job was not secure. But, if I remember right he said that the only coach /employee job that was safe was Marsh's. He even mentioned that his job was not safe. If someone can find the quote it may clear this up.

I never said ctt should be fired. If they had fired him last year I wouldn't have complained too loudly or at all, although now we see it would have been a huge mistake.

Hmmmmm, let's look back to some of your posts last year:

11/21/03--My heart tells me the best thing for AU as a FB program who hopes to capture more than one secc in the next 10 years is to let tubs go.

11/23/03--What's ctt's excuse? After 8 years as a HC, should we not have expected more competent coaching this year?

11/24/03--I really like tubs and will be sad if he goes. I do think it would be the best thing for AU FB though.

11/27/03--Do you think it is possible that recruits will see him (TT) as a bit of an incompetent coach? I sure do.

If you call these words of support and not of getting rid of TT I would sure hate for you to be a reference if I were looking for a job.

Hmmmmm, let's look back to some of your posts last year:

11/21/03--My heart tells me the best thing for AU as a FB program who hopes to capture more than one secc in the next 10 years is to let tubs go.

11/23/03--What's ctt's excuse? After 8 years as a HC, should we not have expected more competent coaching this year?

11/24/03--I really like tubs and will be sad if he goes. I do think it would be the best thing for AU FB though.

11/27/03--Do you think it is possible that recruits will see him (TT) as a bit of an incompetent coach? I sure do.

If you call these words of support and not of getting rid of TT I would sure hate for you to be a reference if I were looking for a job.

107790[/snapback]

Wow! I forgot how bad I got down on tubs last year. Oh well, I was wrong! :au:

Archived