DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is pretty amazing that in the world of the internet that a recruit can still keep his intentions somewhat silent. I can tell you that many on TOS (not the mods) seem to feel that he will go to uat. I do not follow facebook or twitter but peole that do say it seems pretty obvious which team he will choose.

It feels like a Ray Drew situation (only with uat, not uga).

I don't know where he is announcing, but I know where his momma desperately wants him to go.  And that concerns me.

If that rumor is true, AU really has no shot honestly. IF that rumor is true...

Some parents do push their kids in directions they want them to go. In this case, i believe it's Geno's decision to where he wants to spend the next 4 or 5 years of his life. No parent should deny their kids that right, and i don't think she will.

I do believe if he chooses Bama, it's his choice and not his mother's. There is no need to look for excuses if he don't choose us.

I would agree except that we have seen it is not true see CK and BC last year.  Also from personal experience if momma ain't happy nobody is happy.

I'm thinking Winston may have called UA coaches to let them know he is choosing Fla St and they set Geno up to announce quickly.  Just a feeling I got.  :dunno:

I do believe if he chooses Bama, it's his choice and not his mother's. There is no need to look for excuses if he don't choose us.

I would agree except that we have seen it is not true see CK and BC last year.  Also from personal experience if momma ain't happy nobody is happy.

In BC's case, he was already committed to Bama in the 1st place, and yes there were influences that swayed him back. Auburn got in late on CK, and his brother is at UA. Auburn never had time to form a relationship with his parents, or the outcome may have been different.

I'm thinking Winston may have called UA coaches to let them know he is choosing Fla St and they set Geno up to announce quickly.  Just a feeling I got.  :dunno:

I do not think the 2 are connected but I do think that JW is going to FSU.

And I disagree a little with the part about making a commitment based on where you want to go... we have seen first hand that the parents (or foster-parents) must be happy. Look at the Mike Blakely situation, and BC, CK, etc... Think of it this way... if Geno's mom was begging him to go to Auburn, things would be different right now. I don't think it would be close.

I do not think the 2 are connected but I do think that JW is going to FSU.

And I disagree a little with the part about making a commitment based on where you want to go... we have seen first hand that the parents (or foster-parents) must be happy. Look at the Mike Blakely situation, and BC, CK, etc... Think of it this way... if Geno's mom was begging him to go to Auburn, things would be different right now. I don't think it would be close.

Cam initially didn't want to come to AU.....  Let it be. 

Guys you are naive to thinks kids don't listen to their parents. When you have raised a young man or woman for 17-18 years and you have been their go to person during this time they value your opinion and rightfully so.  I have 13 year old son who looks like he might grow into a football player. He is currentlt 5 feet 9 inches tall 150 pounds and has run a 5.4 40.  

If he continues to develop (That is a big maybe) and becomes the type kid that is wanted by major Div 1 schools I would want him to go to Auburn and I would try to steer him there living in Texas that might be difficult. I hope at that time I would let him make the final decision. I would also hope that he values my opinion enough so that it carries some weight.

I often see people write we have to get the momma here and make her happy.  So we do the same thing.  Now I know there are some parents who push their kids to schools for less than pure reasons. I am sad when that occurs more for the kid then for Auburn. That said they are still their parenets and they will be influenced by their parents.

We can cry all we want when a parent changes a kid away from Auburn, but I bet we will jump for joy if the parent steers him to Auburn.

:we:

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1247053

Premium... In a nutshell, he says AU and ua are the right fit for him.  He says the decision will be his own, not his moms or grandmothers (we all know their opinion will weigh heavily).  He has more AU friends he keeps in touch with than ua..... Hosely, Pike, J Williams, McKinzy, Parks.  He called Zeke out and said he gives good advices.  He only mentioned Drake and Taylor as his ua buddies.  His decision will be his final one, no flipping. 

I like the sound of this article, but who knows. 

Cam initially didn't want to come to AU.....  Let it be. 

I hate to say it but this is yet another case that the parent's wishes were granted. Proves my point.

I will admit that I read the rivals article and it does give me hope.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1247053

Premium... In a nutshell, he says AU and ua are the right fit for him.  He says the decision will be his own, not his moms or grandmothers (we all know their opinion will weigh heavily).  He has more AU friends he keeps in touch with than ua..... Hosely, Pike, J Williams, McKinzy, Parks.  He called Zeke out and said he gives good advices.  He only mentioned Drake and Taylor as his ua buddies.  His decision will be his final one, no flipping.  I like the sound of this article, but who knows. 

Laura said "no big deal" on Philon de-committing.  Said she applauded our staff telling these kids straight up "if you're All In, we're All In", and if they are not, the coaches let them know where they stand.  Sounds like the situtation with Philon was that he wasn't All In, and the coaches and Philon mutually decided to pursue other options.

Is Geno "All In" 

The Rivals article gives me hope, but that's what it's written to do.  Either way, I wish him the best, hope he chooses us, and will still have faith in the coaches to bring us another stellar recruiting class.  WDE! 

FWIW, I still have faith!  :)

FWIW, this made me feel a little better. i have been thinking he was going to pick UAT. But i will have my rotten tomatoes ready, just in case.

Fingers crossed and best of luck to Geno, either way.

FWIW, I still have faith!  :)

FWIW, this made me feel a little better. i have been thinking he was going to pick UAT. But i will have my rotten tomatoes ready, just in case.

Fingers crossed and best of luck to Geno, either way.

I always thought that a parent is happy, if their child is happy!  :-\  and since he is gonna get a scholly and the parents aren't paying anything to the school for tuition (only expenditures, gas money/motel, to go to the games) let the child go where he will be happy the most!! that simple.. best of Luck to him! 

I just have a hard time understanding how a parent can demand that their son play for weeman over Coach Chizik.  Can they not see the difference in the two men.  It's obvious (to me) who truly cares about their players.  Over thirty underclassmen processed out of the UAT system in the past three years.  This doesn't sound like a man who cares about the young men he is responsible for. 

Archived