DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

I just have a hard time understanding how a parent can demand that their son play for weeman over Coach Chizik.  Can they not see the difference in the two men.  It's obvious (to me) who truly cares about their players.  Over thirty underclassmen processed out of the UAT system in the past three years.  This doesn't sound like a man who cares about the young men he is responsible for. 

Somethings just never will make much sense...

FWIW, I still feel pretty confident.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem.  Bammer spins this as "we put our players in the NFL, so we have to be selective about who we grace with the honor of playing for us", and other crap like that.  To the parents and recruits' faces, they basically lie to them and say "you will have a great career at the crapstone", but under their breath, they follow with "until someone better comes along".  The parents see that bammer players do get drafted, and the media in Alabama downplays the "natural attrition" that happens at bammer.  Every parent thinks their kid is the greatest DB/QB/LB/Lineman/etc., so of course it never enters their mind that they will be back next season helping their son move out of the athletic dorm, and transfer to USA or UNA.  Never, that is, until it happens, and they think back to how they pushed their son to turdville, and how things could have been different.  Then the REC shows up and lets them know that they will be taken care of for life as long as they keep their mouths shut, and it all disappears.

That's the bammer "process".

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1247053

Premium... In a nutshell, he says AU and ua are the right fit for him.  He says the decision will be his own, not his moms or grandmothers (we all know their opinion will weigh heavily).  He has more AU friends he keeps in touch with than ua..... Hosely, Pike, J Williams, McKinzy, Parks.  He called Zeke out and said he gives good advices.  He only mentioned Drake and Taylor as his ua buddies.  His decision will be his final one, no flipping.  I like the sound of this article, but who knows. 

Laura said "no big deal" on Philon de-committing.  Said she applauded our staff telling these kids straight up "if you're All In, we're All In", and if they are not, the coaches let them know where they stand.  Sounds like the situtation with Philon was that he wasn't All In, and the coaches and Philon mutually decided to pursue other options.

Is Geno "All In" 

That last part seems familiar!!!!

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36352.0

I think it would be wise for some to quit implying that his mother rules him with an iron fist....heck, I wouldn't even mention his mother at all, it's all speculation and rumor at this point, just plain garbage.

See what I did there?

SORRY i dont have any clue have to transfer quotes from the recruiting page to the media.etc  I really didnt know.

Premium... In a nutshell, he says AU and ua are the right fit for him.  He says the decision will be his own, not his moms or grandmothers (we all know their opinion will weigh heavily).  He has more AU friends he keeps in touch with than ua..... Hosely, Pike, J Williams, McKinzy, Parks.  He called Zeke out and said he gives good advices.  He only mentioned Drake and Taylor as his ua buddies.  His decision will be his final one, no flipping.  I like the sound of this article, but who knows. 

Laura said "no big deal" on Philon de-committing.  Said she applauded our staff telling these kids straight up "if you're All In, we're All In", and if they are not, the coaches let them know where they stand.  Sounds like the situtation with Philon was that he wasn't All In, and the coaches and Philon mutually decided to pursue other options.

Is Geno "All In" 

SORRY i dont have any clue how to transfer quotes from the recruiting page to the media.etc  I really didnt know.

Is Geno "All In" 

That's the problem.  Bammer spins this as "we put our players in the NFL, so we have to be selective about who we grace with the honor of playing for us", and other crap like that.  To the parents and recruits' faces, they basically lie to them and say "you will have a great career at the crapstone", but under their breath, they follow with "until someone better comes along".  The parents see that bammer players do get drafted, and the media in Alabama downplays the "natural attrition" that happens at bammer.  Every parent thinks their kid is the greatest DB/QB/LB/Lineman/etc., so of course it never enters their mind that they will be back next season helping their son move out of the athletic dorm, and transfer to USA or UNA.  Never, that is, until it happens, and they think back to how they pushed their son to turdville, and how things could have been different.  Then the REC shows up and lets them know that they will be taken care of for life as long as they keep their mouths shut, and it all disappears.

My response to the point of putting plyers in the NFL would be 34 - 27, the number of players from Auburn and UAt in the league.

SORRY i dont have any clue have to transfer quotes from the recruiting page to the media.etc  I really didnt know.

Is Geno "All In" 

No worries.  I didn't mean to come across as upset about it.  I was just kidding, but like what usually happens, the joke is lost in the text.  I'm actually flattered.  War Eagle, Auburn1983!!!

I don't know where he is announcing, but I know where his momma desperately wants him to go.  And that concerns me.

$$$$$The bucks, the BIG bucks$$$$$

"taken care of for life"? That won't be very long if they  :)open their mouths!

After feeling like I was kicked in the nuts last year when Ray Drew committed to UGA, I am just going to wait and see what Geno decides to do.  Would love to have him, but he is not going to make or break this recruiting class!  WDE!

I don't know where he is announcing, but I know where his momma desperately wants him to go.  And that concerns me.

Don't insinuate that stuff without solid proof. Especially about a potential recruits mom.

Don't insinuate that stuff without solid proof. Especially about a potential recruits mom.

We're talking about UAT here, buddy! Get your head out of the sand!

After feeling like I was kicked in the nuts last year when Ray Drew committed to UGA, I am just going to wait and see what Geno decides to do.  Would love to have him, but he is not going to make or break this recruiting class!  WDE!

^^This^^

The statement was about where his mother wants him to go which is bama. Then you said the bucks thing and made it seemed like his mom wants the big bucks. JMHO

The statement was about where his mother wants him to go which is bama. Then you said the bucks thing and made it seemed like his mom wants the big bucks. JMHO

Saban has a knack for convincing all of his recruits that he and his staff will get all of them into the NFL. Every recruit and his mama plan on making it to the next level, the BIG bucks. Now, with that said, you must remember that Bama has in place a system (REC) that rewards recruits in many different ways.

Guys...why cant we have a thread about Geno Smith where it ACTUALLY STAYS about Geno Smith?? I mean seriously...

Guys...why cant we have a thread about Geno Smith where it ACTUALLY STAYS about Geno Smith?? I mean seriously...

I would answer your question but then I would be straying from the topic...    ;D    ;)

winston went to alabama on his last visit and most thought he was going to bama after kiel gunner committed. He chose fsu. Just because geno smith went to alabama on his last visit and then didn't take anymore visits doesn't mean he will choose alabama. We were on top before the visit and the fact that he didn't commit or say anything towards commiting to alabama is in our favor. I'm  just saying it could go either way plus we have more of his friends on our team and I don't think he wants to stay away from them.

relax my friends.....Geno will pull the lever on the 17th for the orange and blue! (not Florida orange and faint blue).  I really do get tired of being right 99.999% of the time on recruits!

WDE!

Doc

relax my friends.....Geno will pull the lever on the 17th for the orange and blue! (not Florida orange and faint blue).  I really do get tired of being right 99.999% of the time on recruits!

WDE!

Doc

It does get old always being right doesn't it Doc?    ;)

WDE!

Doc

It does get old always being right doesn't it Doc?    ;)

My wife is not tired in the least.

WDE!

Doc

WoW what a statement!  :we:  Everything i have been seeing points to Bama but you seem to have some good inside info.  How sure are you.... pretty sure? or  banned from the board if wrong yea i really am that sure - sure?    ;D

Archived