Another "most improved player" candidate

TitanTiger

Am I the only one who has noticed how much better Will Herring is playing this year? He's in position in the right place almost every time, his coverage skills have improved dramatically and he's a sure tackler. He really laid the wood to one of their wideouts last night and I just laughed. The little squirt can play. Kudos to Will for the hard work and study...our defense is much better for it.

I noticed the exact same thing and commented about it. I was impressed by his solo open field tackles. Looked like he was roping a runaway calf.

:au: No your not. He has been all over the field. He made some great plays v/s LSU and again v/s UT. He has stepped up and has become a leader for this team. I am very proud of his effort this season. He has looked fantastic.

War Eagle :au::big::cheer::cheer::cheer:

SC............Where in SC? I'm in the Upstate.

Am I the only one who has noticed how much better Will Herring is playing this year?  He's in position in the right place almost every time, his coverage skills have improved dramatically and he's a sure tackler.  He really laid the wood to one of their wideouts last night and I just laughed.  The little squirt can play.  Kudos to Will for the hard work and study...our defense is much better for it.

107338[/snapback]

Not by a long shot. Will Herring is my favorite player on D. He absolutely knocked the living crap out of their RB Houston last night, too. I mean just flat laid him out.

The little squirt can play. 

107338[/snapback]

Little squirt? Isn't Will 6'4"?

You're not alone....I've noticed that Will is having a great season so far also.

...i have to admit last year when i saw will herring play, i was often frustrated. not because he could not lay a lick on someone, because they can all do that, but mostly for not playing the position with technique and within the scope of defense. defense is about assignments and playing to those assignment. if a defensive player tries to do too much he gets beat. last year i believe will was just trying to do too much. this year i think he playing the position within the scope of cgc's defensive pla, and doing much better. here's to a much improved year for will.... war damn eagle.

I couldn't understand the folks who were down on Herring last year. I can't say what it was, but I saw something in him and commented that he will be an All American by the time he is a senior. He is definately learning the position and coming on strong. He is going to be a BEAST at safety before his career is over!

By the way, the "little squirt" is 6'4" and about 215, bigger than half our LB's, LOL

I think he lead the team with 8 tackles. Not too good when a Saftey is the leading tackler, but it seemed to work out for us! :P

WH played a great game against UT. Noticed his open field tackles and hard hits. Just another on our no name defense who is playing great. This D will turn out to be one of our best, IMO.

I think the reason he has so many tackles is that CGC has him playing up like another linebacker much of the time, that way he can get more involved in the ground game.

I will admit...I am (was) the biggest anti-Will Herring fan that I know. I was extremely impressed with his play Saturday night. I think he only had one bad play (in coverage where the ball was overthrown anyway..so no harm) all night...otherwise he was next to perfect. Great hits and great open-field tackling.

Keep it up Will herring...you're making me a believer.

Archived