My vote for "Play of the Game"

StatTiger

It would have to be Courtney Taylor on his first reception of the game during our first offensive possession. He ripped a sure interception for a possible TD away from the UT DB and turned it into a 14-yard gain and a 1st down. :big:

This could have been a 14-pt swing in the game.

Tuberville stated that they did not initially plan on allowing JC to make his normal checks at the line against UT but finally decided, "what the heck". Had his first pass gone for an interception-TD, Tuberville might have become more conservative.

I really like how Taylor has made crucial plays in our two biggest games of the year. Keep em coming Courtney!

I think another HUGE play was when Obamanu snagged the TD right after Cooper Wallace had dropped one. The sails stayed full.

Borges showing his 'nads and throwing the deep ball to Devon on the 3rd-and-25 was kind of a backbreaker too.

I agree stat. That play cold have changed the game more than any other. Not only did he stop the int./td, he turned around and plowed down the field 20 yds or so!

I think that JC was something like 11 of 12 on his first 12 attempts, the one incompletion was to cooper when he dropped the TD. He made up for it with that catch and long run down the sideline.

but yes, biggest play of the game came from CT on that reception.

It would have to be Courtney Taylor on his first reception of the game during our first offensive possession. He ripped a sure interception for a possible TD away from the UT DB and turned it into a 14-yard gain and a 1st down.  :big:

This could have been a 14-pt swing in the game.

Tuberville stated that they did not initially plan on allowing JC to make his normal checks at the line against UT but finally decided, "what the heck". Had his first pass gone for an interception-TD, Tuberville might have become more conservative.

I really like how Taylor has made crucial plays in our two biggest games of the year. Keep em coming Courtney!

107350[/snapback]

Agreed. That could have changed the whole complextion of the game. Kinda like the UGA TD return last year against ewe tee. It took away their manhood... :D

... Borges showing his 'nads and throwing the deep ball to Devon on the 3rd-and-25 was kind of a backbreaker too.

107361[/snapback]

Exactamundo. See sig below:

Rosegreen's interception in the endzone. Score would have been 14-10. Tennesse never got close again in the first half.

i agree about the play taylor made....i agree about the play junior made....i have a "statement" play that really dictated how the game would be played.....that play was when ronnie brown knocked jason allen's helment slap damn off his head on the first td.....he knocked him on his ass and seperated him from his headgear.....whoooooooweeeee!!!! that play set the tone and let phat phil know it was going to be a long night

I'm going to cheat and pick 3 plays. The first 3 downs UT had, 3 and out and that's all she wrote.

that play was when ronnie brown knocked jason allen's helment slap damn off his head on the first td.....he knocked him on his ass and seperated him from his headgear.....whoooooooweeeee!!!! that play set the tone and let phat phil know it was going to be a long night

107485[/snapback]

It did match up well to the theme established by Charles Barkley. He did warn everyone about the train... :big:

I'd say the CT take away & run for the first down was the key to the game, but another huge set of plays was on UT's second drive. They drove the ball into field goal range & threw into the endzone. First ball wasn't placed right, second ball wasnt placed right, duh-huh field goal time.

Archived