AUHansel

Link:College Football News bowl projections

2004 Fiesta Bowl Preview

Bowl: Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

When: Jan. 1, 8:30, ABC

Where: Tempe, AZ

Conference tie-ins: BCS vs. BCS

West Virginia vs. Auburn

If Auburn pulls off the win over Georgia on November 13th and goes on to win the SEC title, it goes in the Sugar. West Virginia will get the automatic bid screwing a more deserving team from the Big Ten, or possibly Cal.

I don't understand why they are saying this. Would we really not go to the Orange Bowl if that were the senario? I just think that if a team goes undefeated in the SEC, plays three teams, maybe 4 in the top ten, and wins the SEC Championship and still not be in the National Championship game. Doesn't make a whole lot of since to me.

That's an old projection. I am not sure how old but it was definitley put out before the UT game. I remember seeing posted on here last week.

But if USC and Oklahoma are undefeated, I can see where we could only get to BCS #3 because of the 2 polls; the voters would still not jump us over one them unless we dominated a highly ranked UG team in the Georgia Dome like LSU did last year...

which is why the BCS blows now. The BCS was great until the new format. I say we just put Utah in the NC because that's the same type calliber of a team as say USC and Oklahoma. If those 2 teams EVER played some competition, then they could talk. USC plays 1 top 25 team the entire year (Cal) and Oklahoma plays 1 or 2 (Texas and I'm sure someone else will be ranked cuz they are in the Sucky12). Auburn on the other hand will be facing a top 10 team 4 times this year. And SOS is gone, same with quality wins.

Archived