How to stop Finebaum?

AU20021345162822

I've been wondering for awhile why Auburn fans let Finebaum control the politics of football in Alabama.  I can't quite put my finger on it but I think we feel we are defending our honor in some way but listening, commenting, calling in, and discussing things he says.  The funny thing is, all we do is give him more credence, more money, and more power.  He has shown time and time again when he has power he will use it to build up the Updykes and then when AU gets upset enough he will come back to the middle like a politician trying to win an election.

I think the answer is to cut the radio off.  I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm not asking you to call his advertisers, I'm just asking you to turn the station.  Turn the station, quit talking about his water cooler banter, and when you have a chance, encourage your other Auburn friends to do the same.  If you launch a big campaign and call advertisers you are seen as a sore loser and are acting like Updykes did when Auburn got coverage for their NC in the press and Updykes threatened to cancel their subscriptions.  Instead, quietly turn the station.  Quit calling in, quit defending Auburn.  Soon the silence will be deafening and his power will be gone.  We empower him so only we can take that power. TURN THE RADIO!

Any other thoughts on how stop his reign?  It disgusted me last year when ESPN brought him on to be the spokes person for Auburn and all he would talk about is Alabama's fans thoughts on the controversy.  I would like for him to be seen for the UA supporter he is.

Don't listen anymore.  I loved it when they had Dunnaway and Brown scheduled in the same time slot.  At least they try and maintain some level of intelligent conversation about sports.

He has all the updykes and many Auburn supporters, so I don't see anything you can do.  I even had an AE mod send me a PM message (after I blated PF) saying "I know Finebaum and he just does whatever makes him money. He is actually a pretty good guy. Just business."

Birmingham has two Sports Talk stations, 94.5FM and 690AM.  Both are owned by the same company and both broadcast the PF show in the afternoon.  The Birmingham radio market is large enough to support two afternoon radio programs.  I wish somebody would fill that time slot that Dunaway and Brown filled for a few years.  They aren't the greatest but yes, they are better than Fartbomb.  

At this point, there is nothing we can do as AU fans to hinder the Finebaum reach.  The thing is he is all about entertainment and if you listen as such, it shouldn't bother you.  The problem is most of the UAT fans are too ignorant to understand this and take it too far and actually think Finebaum is their guy.  He may be right now, but just wait until there is a shift in power and he will turn on them quicker than a rattle snake.  Updyke is a good example of this, and he is more the norm than the exception of Turd fans, no matter how they want to spin it.  I know too many of them, and believe me, he is not that far from their base.

At this point, there is nothing we can do as AU fans to hinder the Finebaum reach.  The thing is he is all about entertainment and if you listen as such, it shouldn't bother you.  The problem is most of the UAT fans are too ignorant to understand this and take it too far and actually think Finebaum is their guy.  He may be right now, but just wait until there is a shift in power and he will turn on them quicker than a rattle snake.  Updyke is a good example of this, and he is more the norm than the exception of Turd fans, no matter how they want to spin it.  I know too many of them, and believe me, he is not that far from their base.

With that thinking, NO.  But if you go to the link I posted we, as AU fans, can go to the right places and hear good AU programming.  Just dump PF and deJOXify yourself.

Go HERE for the answer to your sports radio problems: http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36182.0

WDE !!!

At this point, there is nothing we can do as AU fans to hinder the Finebaum reach.  The thing is he is all about entertainment and if you listen as such, it shouldn't bother you.  The problem is most of the UAT fans are too ignorant to understand this and take it too far and actually think Finebaum is their guy. He may be right now, but just wait until there is a shift in power and he will turn on them quicker than a rattle snake.  Updyke is a good example of this, and he is more the norm than the exception of Turd fans, no matter how they want to spin it.  I know too many of them, and believe me, he is not that far from their base.

:dunno:

5ZA6_11Auburn3.jpg

Only way you are going to get rid of Slimebaum is to start having the bammers hate him. Since that is never going to happen then we are stuck with him.

Don't listen. I keep my radio on 100.5, Auburn's sports network. They dont talk football much but it's intelligent conversation, something jox doesnt have.

At this point, there is nothing we can do as AU fans to hinder the Finebaum reach.  The thing is he is all about entertainment and if you listen as such, it shouldn't bother you.  The problem is most of the UAT fans are too ignorant to understand this and take it too far and actually think Finebaum is their guy. He may be right now, but just wait until there is a shift in power and he will turn on them quicker than a rattle snake.  Updyke is a good example of this, and he is more the norm than the exception of Turd fans, no matter how they want to spin it.  I know too many of them, and believe me, he is not that far from their base.

:dunno:

5ZA6_11Auburn3.jpg

UAT thinks he is a bammer now because he has a man crush on Saban.  If any of you remember, there have only been two coaches there that he has liked (Saban and Stallings) and he used to trash them as much as us before Saban.  Saban will not be around for ever, he is growing tired of their fan base.  Finebaum will turn on UAT soon enough.  Like I said, it is all about entertainment and he does get a lot of good interviews during the season.

You can't stop Finebaum....Freedom of speech and stupidity unfortunately go hand in hand.....But don't fear, anyone with an I.Q. over 70 knows what he's about. He's a Jerry Springer behind a microphone. So, the best thing to do is igmore him and the venom he spews.

How is it possible that no one ever considers that it is MUCH more likely that media is manipulating you when it's telling you what you want to hear, as opposed to when it's not telling you what you want to hear?

The constant complaints do nothing but make people curious and listen. It's why websites like TMZ, rags like the National Enquirer and radio jocks like Finebaum and Howard Stern exist. You either figure out it is a game or the game plays you. Listen or don't listen , no one really cares, human nature is easily manipulated if you can't understand that the more you complain, the better you make it for these people.

Just search the history of this board for the word Finebaum. He couldn't pay people for as much free advertising as the complainers give him. See how well it works? :laugh:

I've been wondering for awhile why Auburn fans let Finebaum control the politics of football in Alabama.  I can't quite put my finger on it but I think we feel we are defending our honor in some way but listening, commenting, calling in, and discussing things he says.  The funny thing is, all we do is give him more credence, more money, and more power.  He has shown time and time again when he has power he will use it to build up the Updykes and then when AU gets upset enough he will come back to the middle like a politician trying to win an election.

I think the answer is to cut the radio off.  I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm not asking you to call his advertisers, I'm just asking you to turn the station.  Turn the station, quit talking about his water cooler banter, and when you have a chance, encourage your other Auburn friends to do the same.  If you launch a big campaign and call advertisers you are seen as a sore loser and are acting like Updykes did when Auburn got coverage for their NC in the press and Updykes threatened to cancel their subscriptions.  Instead, quietly turn the station.  Quit calling in, quit defending Auburn.  Soon the silence will be deafening and his power will be gone.  We empower him so only we can take that power. TURN THE RADIO!

Any other thoughts on how stop his reign?  It disgusted me last year when ESPN brought him on to be the spokes person for Auburn and all he would talk about is Alabama's fans thoughts on the controversy.  I would like for him to be seen for the UA supporter he is.

Beat you to it my friend.  I stopped listening the day Saban stepped off the plane.  When it became obvious to me that FB's tongue was gonna firmly planted in Saban's rear end.  When it became obvious to me that FB spoke of Saban in terms of worship, it was just too much.  What's that been?  4 years now.  And I feel pretty good.

wde 

FBomb's power lies in the listeners. Quit listening and he has no power.

I've learned something. I can live without sports talk radio. I'm so sick of all of it that I have quit listening to it. I have not missed it one bit. Now I will listen to a ball game, but that's it. I also quit watching bspn a good while back. By that I mean I do not watch sports center. I do not watch any of their programming other than actual sporting events. I will watch a ball game or a golf tournament but nothing else. Again, I do not miss them one little bit. I lived a great life before they ever came on the air and I'm living a great life now without them.

How is it possible that no one ever considers that it is MUCH more likely that media is manipulating you when it's telling you what you want to hear, as opposed to when it's not telling you what you want to hear?

The constant complaints do nothing but make people curious and listen. It's why websites like TMZ, rags like the National Enquirer and radio jocks like Finebaum and Howard Stern exist. You either figure out it is a game or the game plays you. Listen or don't listen , no one really cares, human nature is easily manipulated if you can't understand that the more you complain, the better you make it for these people.

Just search the history of this board for the word Finebaum. He couldn't pay people for as much free advertising as the complainers give him. See how well it works? :laugh:

I agree...all the posting about him was my point.  Stop listening, stop discussing.

I tell you what you can do.  You can quit listening to him.  I did about 4 months ago and I am a much happier person.  I've actually have gotten to enjoy being National Champions!  Do it for yourself, forget FB and his BS callers, you don't need them.  Learn to enjoy life and enjoy being an Aubirn Tiger!!

:we: baby!!

I've learned something. I can live without sports talk radio. I'm so sick of all of it that I have quit listening to it. I have not missed it one bit. Now I will listen to a ball game, but that's it. I also quit watching bspn a good while back. By that I mean I do not watch sports center. I do not watch any of their programming other than actual sporting events. I will watch a ball game or a golf tournament but nothing else. Again, I do not miss them one little bit. I lived a great life before they ever came on the air and I'm living a great life now without them.

when the sports hosts consistently use the pharse "it makes for good radio" ... then you know it is not about information or content, it is about controversy and pandering.  I am not entertained by jerry springer-esque radio programming and have turned off the shows that do it.  sports radio is rampant with it.  i miss real sports radio/TV and i miss real journalism.

Archived