Tennesee Fans

arnaldoabru

I would like to thank all the Tennessee fans this weekend for the great hospitality.My family and friends were treated great and had a great time tailgating before the game with the UT fans around us.Other than Arkansas fans this has ben the best we have been treated at any away game.LSU is still the worst I have ever seen.I let them know at every opportunity a couple of weeks ago about how nice they had been treated in Auburn an how awful they behave in Baton Rouge .

in general the fans where fairly nice. but i will never get over the face that some vols fans wrote stuff all over the band charter buses on fri. night.

I was walkin around with friends at one point and some kids threw ice at us from the parking garage. I responded, "wow, you throw as good as your freshman quarterback." and carried on my way.

My favorite two Vol fan lines:

1. At the beginning of the third qtr when Auburn was facing their first 4th down situation a Vol fan in front of me turned around and said:

"Well, I'll be damned, ya'll DO have a punter! I was beginin' to wonder."

2. In the middle of the fourth a Vol fan sitting next to me said to the Vol fan on the other side of him, "Looks like they're puttin' Schaeffer back in at quaterback." The other fan looked back and replied, "I was kinda hopin' they'd put Jesus in."

I must say though, I had UT tickets and the fans around me were very respectful, knoledgeable, well-mannered SEC fans, except for one fan who had had a little too much to drink, but when he left at the begining of the 4th, the other fans apologized on his behalf. I told them that wasn't neccessary, that everybody's got a couple of those guys.

I was there in 99 when we were massacred. I was there this week. The UT fans were courteous both times. I was very impressed. I'd like to echo the comments from those arnoldoafeiugbru. Arkansas was rather nice, too. I know Bama fans get a different treatment when they go up to UT though.

It was my first trip to Neyland and the UT fans were very friendly. Alot better than some other schools :lsu: It was great to see how load our fans were during the game...........WAR EAGLE :au:

Thanks arnalgoabru.

Sorry to you guys that had bad experiences, as we all know there are always a few in every crowd that have to be jerks.

Congrats on the win.

i really enjoyed knoxville. we went out friday night and had a great time on the bar scene. we tailgated on circle park and watched uga dismantle lsu with some random ut fans that had a tv set up. we were in the auburn section so i didn't really see many ut fans around (one woman found a seat in another section b/c she didn't want to be with us). then after the game, most folks were nice. one guy yelled auburn sucks at us. i simply said, "we just beat your @$$. i don't know what else to say." and walked off. great weekend. great fans and town. war eagle.

There was an old coot behind us that said that CTT looked "like a jerk for kickin' that field goal. Hell, he's already whipping the bejesus out of us."

He's a jerk for pullin' the reigns on his offense? You just can't win with some people.....

UT fans were calling into Jay Barker's morning show on WJOX this morning raving about Auburn's spirit at the UT game. He said the pregame Tiger Walk was unlike any other visiting team's pregame. During the game, he said our fans were the loudest by far, especially since we sold our alotment.

I didn't go to the game but it was pretty sweet listening to "A-U-B-U-R-N" over the ESPN guys at halftime.

"A train's comin...get off the tracks!"

This was also my first trip to Neyland, and I can only repeat what others have said. All the UT folks we encountered were very good hosts. When I stopped at a store to get a drink after the game, one guy said "Roll Tide" to me; I just replied "I know you don't mean that." :D We ended up having a pretty nice converstaion, and shook hands as we left the store, so even that turned out fine.

Just wanted to come over and conratulate you guys on a well played game and victory. Hopefully we will see you guys in Atlanta although im not sure that i can go through that again. Good luck to the rest of your season and look forward to seeing the two big boys runnin the ball the rest of the year. Hopefully everyone enjoyed there trip to Knoxville and plans to come back in the future. As for posting on this board and ours i plan to drop in and chat with you guys and girls on a regular basis and i hope yall would do the same. If there is one thing i know we can still discuss it is Bama. So good luck the rest of the way and i will see you folks around. B):ut:

The only negative comment before the game was some Tenn guy coming up to us and asking "Are yall the War Eagles or the Tigers, I get confused?" We responded, "Are yall the volunteers or the dogs?...I'm mean is that dog, smokey, or the guy with the funny hat and the gun?" He walked away...into the Taco Bell.

Pretty good experience though. Had a good time. I will say that being able to take a boat to a game is pretty cool. I was suprised that so many people tailgated in bars though and the lack of green space, I guess the parking lots and garages have taken over campus and you have no choice but to tailgate there. Still the boats were cool.

Archived