Possible scenario - Random BCS thoughts

AUTaxMan

I know it's really too early in the season to be thinking about this kind of thing, and it isn't the most optimistic of topics, but if we go 10-2, losing to UGA twice (who would then likely be in the national championship game), do you think we still get one of the two at-large BCS bids? Perhaps the better question...do we even WANT the bid? If we get it, we are probably stuck playing either Boston College or West Virginia. If not, we get an Ohio State / Florida State / Michigan in a New Year's Day bowl. IMHO, I say beat Georgia and don't worry about it. More realistically, however, I think we lose at least one of the UGA/SECC games and still get the BCS nod, ending up playing a team that isn't even in the top ten. In that case, I'd much rather go to the second-tier bowl against a quality opponent.

Am I crazy? Do I need a life? Or has someone been spiking my Kool-Aid?

What are your thoughts?

WDE :au:

I thought the same thing. I personally think if lose to UGA that late in the season, we drop to around ranking #10 or so. Then losing a couple weeks later will push us back to #14 or so. Our BCS Ranking will probably be bubbled. We probably attend the Capital One Bowl and face Purdue or Minnesota. And the fans are pissed cuz CTT couldn't 1) win the SEC and 2) get us into a BCS bowl. Richardson makes some remarks and CTT is on the hot seat next year. We lose the offense and struggle next year, and Richarson removes CTT. Even if those events happen, I love CTT and don't think he should be fired regardless, but thats how I see it panning out.

the BCS could really screw a bunch of teams again this year. Oh well, lets just win one at a time and end of winning the all!

wow, talk about an optimist. :no:

I thought the same thing. I personally think if lose to UGA that late in the season, we drop to around ranking #10 or so. Then losing a couple weeks later will push us back to #14 or so. Our BCS Ranking will probably be bubbled. We probably attend the Capital One Bowl and face Purdue or Minnesota. And the fans are pissed cuz CTT couldn't 1) win the SEC and 2) get us into a BCS bowl. Richardson makes some remarks and CTT is on the hot seat next year. We lose the offense and struggle next year, and Richarson removes CTT. Even if those events happen, I love CTT and don't think he should be fired regardless, but thats how I see it panning out.

107576[/snapback]

Tax

I see us playing UGA two times unless we screw up against Arkansas and they run the table. If we take care of business against Arkansas and the rest of the west I see us beating UGA at home but coming up short in the SECCG as it is really a home game for UGA. It is hard to beat a team two times in one year but LSU did beat UGA two times last year.

Lets just concentrate on LaTech. I bet they are thinking they are pretty good at upsetting ranked opponents.

A few quick points to my anxiously nervous friends....

1. Our schedule gives us a better opportunity than any other team in the SEC to go undefeated for the remainder of the regular season.

2. Difficult to beat someone twice and impossible to beat someone twice are two different things. P.S... Don't think THEY will want to play us twice WHOEVER THEY ARE!!

3. Your positive thinking in extremely underwhelming. We will beat Georgia this year and will be favored to beat WHOEVER we play in the SECCG.

4. WAR DAMN EAGLE.... :au: 34 :ut: 10

We dont get anywhere until we beat LaTech.

LaTech, Arkansas, UK, and Ole Miss will be impossible if we take them on 4 at a time. Slow it down my compadres. Slow it down.

Archived