Ed Richardson

autiger6

Guys we need to make our present felt to this man before he runs our coach off. I know TT has had his faults but he also has done some great things with our students and team. I know some may not support TT on all aspects but we are way ahead of :ua: and the majority of the schools in the SEC. I think recruiting was hurt a little this past year by the coaching situation but if Ed Richardson doesn't come out with a statement about TT job being on the line I think we need to find a AD fast. This guy has come in a played the Donald Trumph line your fired to everbody that gets in his way. I will be calling and emailing Richardson about what was mentioned during the National game last night.

:angry::angry:

RICHAED Edward Richardson

Title, Name INTERIM PRESIDENT Edward Ray Richardson

Edward Richardson

RICHAED

Address 107 Samford Hall

Auburn Univ AL 36849

Phone +1-334-844-4650

E-Mail Address richaed@auburn.edu

Web Page URL

User Class Staff

This is what I wrote to him in an e-mail. It was spur of the moment, but I wanted to write my feelings:

Hello Dr. Richardson,

As an Auburn student and devoted football fan I just want to say that I feel you should come out publically and make a statement about Coach Tuberville. I personally have always loved him as our coach. Winning is imporant to Auburn and he has won. He has beaten Alabama, he has won Bowl games, and has had winning seasons. But most importantly, he has kept your student-athlete's out of the press, unlike most schools. He graduates his players and is a great influence on them. Winning is very important to me, but I personally feel his balance of winning on and off the field ranks him as one of the best coaches in the nation. We need to keep him.

Coach Tuberville has brought Auburn in the national spot light with this weekend's win over Tennessee. You originally said his job will be re-evaluated and will question his contract with the LSU, UT, UGA, and Citadel games. He has won 3 of those and I feel he deserves your support to be made clear publically.

If Coach Tuberville continues to win the rest of this season and wins 10 games, we do not want another school to steal him away like Auburn stole him from Ole Miss. I do not know Coach Tuberville personally, perhaps he has bad feelings after last year's fiasco or maybe he doesn't. But if he does, he will have the ball in his hands at the end of the season and you may have to try very hard to keep him from leaving for a school that will give him the respect he deserves.

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job Mr. Richardson, but as a devoted football fan and student at Auburn University, I wanted you to know my thoughts and feelings on our coach. He is a great man (from what I know) and I want him at Auburn for a very long time to come. I hope we will see a statement from you in the near future that shows how much Auburn University supports it's football coach.

Amen! One problem tho is that we do not want a Lowder/BOT yes man at AD. We want a truly strong man with no ties to the BOT!

I totally agree with everything you said PCchamp. I think that TT has the potential and if he puts some good stats together people will come calling and although he says he Loves :au: does he still have a bad taste in his mouth. Like Mike Godfred said last night what coach are we going to find if our expectations are that high. Yes I want to win every game but as long as we compete and have good qaulity players that is all I can expect from our Coach. Hopefully Ed :homer: will get an ear full after his statement aired to the entire nation Satuday night.

:au:

Well of course he "isn't off the hotseat." He needs to win 14 games this year and defy odds since there are only 13 games this season if he wants to keep his job without a doubt.

But more realistically, Tubs will probably go 10-2 and his offense will be gone, hopefully still have COB on our sideline and win 7 or 8 games next year with UGA and LSU on the road and with new offense - probably fall somewhere else. Our expectations would've been high to win 10 games and Ed won't like it and end up getting rid of Tubs.

I sent a email after his first comment before the LSU game and have sent another after reading this. They need to shut Ed up and fast, CTT doesn't need to worry about some power crazed fool thinking he is on a cheap reality show and can vote people out of the family. He needs to keep getting our men ready for games. Lets replace him and fast but who can we get thats not a Lowder or BOT "YES" man?

I email OLE EDDY BOY 2-4 TIMES A WEEK SINCE HE MADE THISE STATEMENTS,oops, in the paper.....i am not so kind as the above letter.....i am begging all those on this forum to deluge him with email and phone calls and to encourage people on other forums to do so....make sure that you tell him that his public life will be made miserable if he causes coach tubs to leave....that usually makes em' think if they know that going out to eat will be a hassle.....he is nothing but a paul hubbard puppet anyway......he just changed to a lowder puppet,now.....putting heat on his pomposs ass will work wonders

What has Ed done wrong?

ESPN was too careless with the way they portrayed Ed Richardsons comments. Write letters to ESPN, not Ed Richardson. Ed basically said, there is no set W-L record that takes Tuberville off the hot seat. He said, he expects us to compete in each and every game. Blowouts are unacceptable. I think even the most hardcore Tuberville supporter [namely me] can agree with that one. Dont take ESPN's word for it.

rain, the ole b*****d gave an interview to a looseranna newspaper and made some very disquieting statements about coach tubs....i read the article and,while i despised richardson before he became INTERIM" prez, i really find him disgusting now

rain, the ole b*****d gave an interview to a looseranna newspaper and made some very disquieting statements about coach tubs....i read the article and,while i despised richardson before he became INTERIM" prez, i really find him disgusting now

107647[/snapback]

Someone needs to link this article. We need proof of what the man said, not what ESPN said he said!!!

""Everybody wants to ask me how many games does he need to win, and I can't answer that," he said. "We could have a 7-4 record and lose to LSU, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama, and that would be a terrible season. On the other hand, if we beat one of them and say lose to Arkansas, it would be a much better season. And if we lose to The Citadel, then the evaluation probably would be over with."

Link to article

I hope we get a good AD, but more importantly, I hope we resolve the SACS stuff.

Honestly, there is no way TT is fired after this season. So, enjoy the ride!

:au: When asked a routine question about Tuberville's job security in a wide-ranging interview, interim president Ed Richardson said, " 'Secure' is premature.

Richardson needs to address this quickly!

above is your link....read it at your leisure and notice there is nothing about espn in there anywhere....i ,as most up-to-date fans. read it the day after it came out.....ole eddy said this the week before the LSWHO game.....real smart guy....he was an impressive superintendant of education,too

Yea, I read it the day after the LSU game on AL.com

One of the beat writers (can't rememeber which one) mentioned it in his article.

I Pretty much ignored it then and didn't think much of it, but the fact that ESPN brought it up tells me they have some sort of an agenda and Richardson needs to address it and get it out of the way immediatly before it grows.

:puke::ua:

above is your link....read it at your leisure and notice there is nothing about espn in there anywhere....i ,as most  up-to-date fans. read it the day after it came out.....ole eddy said this the week before the LSWHO game.....real smart guy....he was an impressive superintendant of education,too

107657[/snapback]

I am an up to date fan, and I read the article when it came out. My question was, what particularly do you disagree with in Ed Richardson's assessment of Tuberville's performance?! If we lost to those two teams, would be considering Tuberville a success or failure? ESPN portrayed his comments as, "Regardless of how he does, he will be fired." That is NOT what Ed Richardson said. He said, "We need to compete." I agree with Ed on that one.

i read it as a "a fool with a little knowledge is a dangerous man" kind of statement....if he was an intelligent man, he would have phrased it much differently.....the sooner this guy is gone,the better (i hope) AU will be.....you know the politics of AU as well as i do.....as long as lowder has any influence on the administrative mechanics of the university,anything can happen......richardson is nothing more than a figurehead.....he doesn't even pretend to be a sports fan and he was a miserable superintendant of education

We don't really know what Richardson said. We only know what the reported wrote. Quotation marks in a newspaper story do not neccessarily mean the statement was made.

AftTiger,

That's why Richardson needs to address it and get it out of the way before it hurts us.

If ESPN is talking about it then it has the potential to hurt us.

I'm pretty sure Tub's job is secure this season. Richardson isn't a dummy. We could potentially only lose 2 games this year, both to UGA, and still wind up out of the top 10. Polling inadequacy won't ruin this season for me, as it has already been great. Besides, those comments, either true or misconstrued, seem to not bother Tuberville anyways. We have a win over a #4 team and a #8 team (unless you use corndog logic and say we haven't beaten a top 10 team this year :P ). There's gonna be a heck of a game come November 13th between a #3+ and #5+ team. In my mind, that's gonna be better than any bowl game this year. Richardson has to be aware of these facts, and he'll keep Tuberville on the payroll for a few more years.

RainMan,

'Secure' is premature.

That is the part I have a problem with.

WDE

107671[/snapback]

I would say he WAS dead right. Before the LSU game.

I agree clarification needs to be made, but should Tuberville still be held to a standard of Best in the SEC West? He said, (paraphrased) "Tuberville's job is not secure until he proves we can compete in each and ever game. W-L means nothing to me, I just want to see the team look PREPARED for each and every game. We should compete in every game we play."

Can we all agree that this is true? I can.

ESPN just said, "Ed Richardson said his job in not secure." That is not the jist of his statement. It is poor reporting, not Ed Richardson being unreasonable.

ESPN appears to have an agenda of some sort. The seem determined to stir the pot any chance they get when it comes to Auburn or most any of the SEC schools.

i hope you guys are right because i like coach tuberville for more than a football coach....my problem is with richardson....i do not trust the man....he is a classical politician and he had a very close and questionable relationship with paul hubbard,another man that disgusts me....remember,richardson made threats to do away with high school sports because of the GRAVE" financial situation that the state was in?.....right now, there is a $150 million dollar surplus.....he was a part of that sham to try to raise taxes needlessly, without any accountability

Archived