Bammer Sings the Boos

LegalEagle

It appears that the Bammers are booing their coach and team already:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ds...79527270560.xml

Shula is now giving up on the forward pass as too complex of a concept for his top recruits. He is vowing to run the ball so he can keep it out of his quarterbacks hands as much as possible.

There's no word out of Tuskaloser whether the Turd will attempt to play a late game with Hawaii this year if they fail to qualify for a bowl.

Feel the Love!! *grin*

There's no word out of Tuskaloser whether the Turd will attempt to play a late game with Hawaii this year if they fail to qualify for a bowl.

Ouch!

Are you insinuating that the State Recruiting Champs will not play in a bowl game this year?? :o

i'm listening to jay barker on wjox( ain't it a damn shame that the only people who show real respect to AU on that station is jay and eli gold?....thats not counting sonny and wimp, i consider them a sitcom......) and this poor bammer SOB called in and,i ain't exaggerating, and was about to go teary because the bammer fans were leaving before the 3rd quarter was up and the ones that stayed booed the players and coaches....this old dude was about to cry....you could hear his voice almost start to break up.....i almost felt sorry for him.....nahhhh

Well, two thoughts come to mind:

1. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I remember way too many boo birds unleashing their stupidity on Daniel Cobb a few years ago. And that was on a team that had a winning record.

2. Bama fans need to learn to have realistic expectations. I think if everyone stayed healthy for them this year, they had a good shot at 8-3, possibly 9-3 with a bowl win. I thought they'd probably lose to Tennessee, LSU, and :au: . But they lost the person they could least afford to lose when Brodie went down. The expectations need to be ratcheted down significantly. They'll fight and scratch (and should feel proud) to be 6-5 at best, IMO. Inexperienced backups will play like...well, inexperienced backups. Get a clue, Bama fans...you guys will struggle the rest of the year, but these kids are trying hard. And they should be better next year for it.

2.  Bama fans need to learn to have realistic expectations.

Good point but that will never happen. Doesn't matter what the circumstances are, I've learned that will never happen.

Literally laughed aloud at your second quote there Titan. :P

I never thought that Bama had a shot at 8 - 3, with Brodie or without. The Bammers who believe that Brodie would have led them to the promised land need to look at the level of competition that they faced this year with Brodie at QB. With Brodie, they were 6 - 5 or 7 - 4, without, they are in danger of going 4 - 7.

Their three wins came against Ole MS, ranked #73 by Sagrin, Utah State, ranked #103, and Western Carolina, ranked #172.

Compare that with our three weaker teams: Citadel, ranked #153, La Monroe, ranked #149 and MSU, ranked #120.

Would we be talking about how championships and what could have been if our only three wins had come against such competiton? Of course NOT.

Bama's best chance for another win this year is against MSU; this week against KY will likely be a close game and could go either way. Any other win for Bammer this year would have to be classified as an upset. I don't see Shula and his staff coaching many upsets with their brilliant game plans.

Titan is 100% correct. The expectations of some of those folks is laughable and shows a complete lack of any knowledge concerning the game of football. As Coach Dye was fond of saying:" There ain't no secrets out there in the Arena."

uat was already hamstringed with vastly sub -par players. Throw in the loss of their"offense" in the body of one player, and they should be trying to count to SIX.

They have the players to beat KY and MS ST. Other than those two, these kids should be hailed as heros IF they make it to SIX wins.

Shula is doing his best with the hand he was dealt. EVERYONE SHOULD have understood that this was coming, and, the tough days are far from over. The NCAA knew what they were doing when they handed down the punishment. :au:

I didnt hear too much booing. And I was at the game. I cant recall hearing any except for when shula ran the ball 3 times in a row late in the 4th.

I dont think my expectations were unrealistic. I said 7-4 with brodie. Many MANY MANY bama fans agreed with that from the start of the season.

There was no way to know Guillon was going to be this bad based on excellent scrimmage performances.

We are 3-2 with legit shots at beating UK, USM, and MSU. That would mean we would only have to get lucky in ONE game to hit that 7-4 mark. I dont think it will happen. I think we finish 6-5. But considering the circumstances, I think my predictions were pretty good.

We were an 8-9 win team with brodie

It was well documented that Bama had to stay healthy to have a chance to get 8-9 wins. Unfortunately, the one injury they suffered was at the most important position. I don't care who they played early, they took care of business the way good teams do against weaker opponents. Had BC stayed healthy, they were a legitimate threat to beat anyone on their schedule because they have a defense that will keep every game close.

The second problem right now is CMS. They could have won the USC game by sticking to a similar game plan as the one they used against Southern Miss last year. Run, run, run and then run some more. The same with Arky. Their average per carry in both games was incredible yet they still kept throwing the ball.

I agree with Titan here. I've been an Auburn man for a long time and the shape our program was in just a few short years ago is still too vivid a memory. Let's focus on La. Tech and teaching Mr. Moates about the SEC.

uat MAY have been a 7 win team with #12.

Without him........As I have said before, you guys should be concentrating on the number SIX. (With perfect execution and no more injuries, THAT is still possible.)

A winning season.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

5 wins AT THE MOST.....USM will kick some bammer ass....i don't know if the miserable misfits can win at KY....i sure hope they can't....where are those "GOT SHULA: shirts at today?....i sure don't see any

I didnt hear too much booing. And I was at the game. I cant recall hearing any except for when shula ran the ball 3 times in a row late in the 4th.

I dont think my expectations were unrealistic. I said 7-4 with brodie. Many MANY MANY bama fans agreed with that from the start of the season.

There was no way to know Guillon was going to be this bad based on excellent scrimmage performances.

We are 3-2 with legit shots at beating UK, USM, and MSU. That would mean we would only have to get lucky in ONE game to hit that 7-4 mark. I dont think it will happen. I think we finish 6-5. But considering the circumstances, I think my predictions were pretty good.

107769[/snapback]

I would be happy with 6-5. Big improvement from last year. Still would make us have a chance at a bowl. Right now a bowl game, any bowl game looks good.

Are you insinuating that the State Recruiting Champs will not play in a bowl game this year??  :o

107677[/snapback]

If the fans start booing the players, and the coaching picture remains in turmoil with a large portion of the Bama nation calling for Shula's replacement, they're even going to fall behind in recruiting--the one thing Shula had shown a little aptitude for...

I was there, and the only boos were against the refs, and ONE time late in the game, we ran up the middle three times, and tried to throw for the 4th and 1. Never did the team get booed, and only one time the play calling was booed. I thought the playcall was terrible on the 4th and 1, but after watching the replay of the game, I saw they had 9 guys in the box on the fourth and 1. We also had Castille wide open out of the back-field, Spencer just decided to go for the TE.

I was there as well. I'm not sure where this guy was sitting, but the only boos were at the horrific officiating. As if we didn't play bad enough, the refs were b-l-i-n-d!

Anyway, it's not as if AU is in ANY position whatsoever to talk about fans booing its players and coaching staff.

I don't care how bad the play calling or how bad the team plays, booing is not acceptable. If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all. Booing a player is a slap in the face to the kids on the field who are trying to do their best. To the coaches also. I'm sure CMS was trying to find something to work, and the passing game was surely not working, so try running. UA has some good backs who could have broken the long one and got them back in the game.

I was there as well. I'm not sure where this guy was sitting, but the only boos were at the horrific officiating. As if we didn't play bad enough, the refs were b-l-i-n-d!

Anyway, it's not as if AU is in ANY position whatsoever to talk about fans booing its players and coaching staff.

108020[/snapback]

:blink:

I can't speak for the entire AU Football fan base, BUT, I can assure you that I have NEVER "booed" any AU player or Coach...EVER.

Anyone who does so can't claim to be a FAN, unless it is of the fair weather variety. :D

It seems as if uat is blessed with their fair share of those folks these days. :big:

i know bowls want to get teams with huge fan bases but if alabama does slip up and win 6 games they still wouldnt have really done anything. their wins would be over utah st., ole piss, western carolina, and likely kentucky, Misissippi st, and southern miss. none of these teams will even be ranked in the top 40 at the end of the year. not trying to whiz on any bama ashes, just pointing out that i dont think any team with this track record would deserve a bowl birth.

107769[/snapback]

I would be happy with 6-5. Big improvement from last year. Still would make us have a chance at a bowl. Right now a bowl game, any bowl game looks good.

107833[/snapback]

I really don't care if Bama is happy or not but we do have La Tech to play this week so lets let Bama deal with Bama's problems.

Now after the Georgia battle on the Plains we can start worring about Bama's record and hopfully we can cause the Bama Nation to boo a lot.

I really don't care if Bama is happy or not but we do have La Tech to play this week so lets let Bama deal with Bama's problems. 

Now after the Georgia battle on the Plains we can start worring about Bama's record and hopfully we can cause the Bama Nation to boo a lot.

108101[/snapback]

:lol: What he said. The bammies aren't until Nov 20. La Tech is next up.

Archived