Depth Chart released

JwgreDeux

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list reads Sigler or Wright. It looks like a 2A & 2B.

Your right. I didnt see that. I'm getting old. Almost in my twenties  :laugh:

I'm not sure how much it matters any way, We are going to need them all to play this season.  Everyone on this depth chart is going to play. Some spots, like DT, will rotate pretty much every body we have in and out.

The lack of quality LB depth stands out most to me.

I heard Phillip Marshall on sports call last week, and he said that he was expecting Auburn to be playing nickle as often as not.  He said Auburn would have liked to play nickle a lot more last year, but did not have the personnel to do so.  He said LSU's base defense is the 4-2-5 and that more teams are going in that direction to combat spread offenses. 

The biggest shocker to me is that Trovon Reed is not starting, he has been raved about all summer and fall and he is not a starting reciever, i dont understand that.

It has a lot to do with the ability to block, he needs to excel at all aspects of being a receiver...

Surprised to see Bray back there with OMAC on kick returns instead of Reed, he must have really impressed on returns!

It seems to me that Kris Frost would have played a lot this season. 

I wonder if Joel Bonomolo will make a contribution... he's not in the first 3 on either end.  He appeared to be a beast in juco.

Several of the receiver spots are like Omac and Dyer at the running back slot, they are interchangable.  Game two we will see Dyer as the starter at running back.  I like the rotation at DT, we have alot of bodies to rotate into the game, which will be important this season with the increased pace I think we will see on offense.  Also more bodies at DT means we can be more aggressive defensively.  Notice that Green is not starting, I have to wonder if the ankle is still bothering him and preventing the start or if they are holding him out for the bigger games.  Thoughts.

Surprised to see Bray back there with OMAC on kick returns instead of Reed, he must have really impressed on returns!

I think that is more how much we're willing to risk reed.  If he is going to be the playmaker he has been said to be then putting him out there as punt returner is enough risk.  Especially when we have a guy as good as bray has been.

Biggest surprise is Greene ( starter last season before injury) being beat out and which position will bell play in they are in nickel? Rc or nb

Biggest surprise is Greene ( starter last season before injury) being beat out and which position will bell play in they are in nickel? Rc or nb

Bell is the 1st Nickelback.  In other words, he slides inside.  Apparently, White takes his outside spot when he's at Nickel.

Biggest surprise is Greene ( starter last season before injury) being beat out

Ditto that!!

Biggest surprise is Greene ( starter last season before injury) being beat out

Ditto that!!

Too many injuries, I guess.  I'm happy for Eric Mack for making the 2-deep: he must have really put in some work to get himself in playing shape.

The biggest shocker to me is that Trovon Reed is not starting, he has been raved about all summer and fall and he is not a starting reciever, i dont understand that.

He'll get the ball on the second play, I bet.

There were definitely some surprises there. And how in the world did O Mac get above Dyer???

I think it's just a respect thing, they'll both be on the field a ton, so they gave the "1" spot to the older guy. Maybe trying to boost his draft stock when scouts come round and see he is the "1"?

There were definitely some surprises there. And how in the world did O Mac get above Dyer???

I really dont see a big deal of Omac before Dyer...  Omac will spread the defense wider and then Dyer will pound he middle....

When it comes to the receivers, Iwouldn't worry too much about the starters as they will run packages that will put them in positions to excel, such as Reed, Bray and Beton.  All of them are going to see plenty of playing time.  Look at Gus's history and how deep the distribution has gone.

The center usually calls the blocking assignments, so was wondering about Dismukes doing so as a true freshman. Is this ever done differently, where a more experienced O lineman makes the calls?

That DB back field looks stacked...it is going to be nice when the LB depth looks like that.

Jawara White not making the 2-deep at LB is one of the few surprises for me.  Does anyone know how his health is?  Congrats to Garrett for earning a backup spot.  :we:

Dang what happened to Bonomolo? I was kinda pulling for him to be in the top 3. Guess he is still a bit dinged up I guess  :dunno:

I am not worried about who the starters are for WR. They get rotated out a lot.

All this shows me is...we are doing an AUsome job recruiting that we have this many FR and SO beating out what Jrs and SRs we have. To me the present and future is very bright. And what fun would it be if we were always right. The coaches know best. I love the fact they are putting who they think is best on the field not who has been here longest.

Archived