Depth Chart released

JwgreDeux

I'm really happy for Stallworth.  He'll show out this year.

I agree with you Birdy. I am really excited to see what he can do. I rememeber seeing him in the Furman game in 2009 and just knowing he had a bright future.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were definitely some surprises there. And how in the world did O Mac get above Dyer???

I think it's just a respect thing, they'll both be on the field a ton, so they gave the "1" spot to the older guy. Maybe trying to boost his draft stock when scouts come round and see he is the "1"?

What's making me wonder if it's a respect thing or something different is that when the depth chart was released there were a number of spots that listed one player "or" another indicating there really wasn't any differentiation between the two.  That is what I would have expected for OMac and Dyer (one is first string speed back one is first string bruiser). But without that distinction, I have to wonder whether the staff is trying to send Dyer some kind of message.  Keep in mind this is PURELY SPECULATION, but it seems like the kind of thing our staff would do to keep a player grounded/keep them from acting like a few of the Bama "star players" who start to believe their own hype.

Also before anyone jumps me, IF that did happen with Dyer I honestly think it would be completely understandable.  I'm not sure there is more than a couple of people on this board who would be humble enough not to let winning the NCG MVP as a freshman go to their head a little. 

Jawara White not making the 2-deep at LB is one of the few surprises for me.  Does anyone know how his health is?  Congrats to Garrett for earning a backup spot.   :we:

^^^^This^^^^  I was wondering whats up with him as well.

White has only been cleared for full contact for about a month and has been out for over a year.  Give him some time to get back in the swing of things.  And don't discount t he tlanet of the younger guys.

Also, I would not be worried about the "size" of our LB's.  chizik has always run a small WLB type guy.  Antarious Williams was on the 04 and 05 teams and weighed about 200 or 205.  We are going for speed to combat today's high paced offenses.  But we have enough big guys too like Holland and Gaston.

There were definitely some surprises there. And how in the world did O Mac get above Dyer???

I think it's just a respect thing, they'll both be on the field a ton, so they gave the "1" spot to the older guy. Maybe trying to boost his draft stock when scouts come round and see he is the "1"?

First time a 2nd string RB is in the Heisman conversation?  :dunno:

Archived