recruiting

auman64

With the year we are having and the year Alabama and LSU are having.. we ought to have a great recruiting year. Auburn would seem to me a pretty attractive place to be in all respects right now. Anyone heard any good news?

There is Good news, there is bad news...then, there is wishbone-blackbird news which is NO GOOD NEWS-EVER ! ! ! ! :big::big::rolleyes::poke:

wishbone - where in God's name did you hear that? that is complete crap. Please provide a source.

AU should have a stellar class, we lead for Jerald Powe (the #2 player in the nation - #1 is MS obviously)

We have verbals from 3 of the top 11 players in Alabama (Sharpe, Sharrief, and McCain) and lead for at least 2 others in the Top Ten (Trott and Billings)

We have a verbal form the #15 player in the state of LA (Trahan)

please link this to me . .I have a premium membership and can see whatever.

The last update is 9/21 and has him high on Auburn - Alabama is not even on his list.

BTW, I still think we will get him on the end. Auburn is the only camp he has ever attended and he had a good visit. He is probably just enjoying all the attention from the recruiters.

I just checked and it is NOT in alphabetical order. It appears to be in order of leaders because Auburn used to be listed first.

HOWEVER, this was before Auburn smashed UT and Bama went into freefall with the future of the staff up in the air.

They list it by level of interest, but within each interest level, it's alphabetical by school. All of the schools listed show Medium interest. So it goes...

Alabama

Auburn

Memphis

Miami (FL)

Mississippi

Nebraska

Powe is not going to qualify out of HS. He would be a great name but would be tow years away from ever playing at Auburn.

It's nice that AU is off to such a great start.......

and ranked in the top 10......

and has shown early success against two conference rivals.....

and both were in in the Top 10.......

and the new offense is looking good........

and the eagle is flying again....

These are all great things for recruiting. But the strongest statement to all of our prospects is that Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown - both of which could've easily turned pro - elected to stay because of something special.

Great2B.jpg

These are all great things for recruiting.  But the strongest statement to all of our prospects is that Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown - both of which could've easily turned pro - elected to stay because of something special.

Great2B.jpg

108032[/snapback]

I think that CTT is great at talking people into staying. I mean, Caddy, Ronnie, Rosegreen, Rogers. And last year he talked Dansby and Thomas. All of these players could have gone for the money.

These are all great things for recruiting.  But the strongest statement to all of our prospects is that Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown - both of which could've easily turned pro - elected to stay because of something special.

Great2B.jpg

108032[/snapback]

WELL said, My AU Brother! ! !

Amen & AMEN ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Alabama has a recruiting advantage with the promise of immediate playing time. There is a vacuum at virtually every position. I think Shula may turn out to be a Ray Goff: able to recruit like heck but couldn't win.

Our biggest handicap last year was not the aborted move on Coach Tuberville (as BAD as that was), it was the SACS probation spectre. That was just a warning from SACS, but it was was used with great effectiveness against us by more than one school.

It is hard to predict what Richardson's effect may be. He is in a bind to placate SACS by showing that he is in control, but he needs to do it in such a way as to not undercut CTT. If he has designs on the permanent job, he may do anything--and football is secondary (or lower) in his overall view of Auburn University.

This staff has shown that it can recruit given a level field. If the results of this season are as good as I think they're going to be, we ought to hit a Mother Lode.

this report is wrong . .not only will Powe commit to Auburn, but he will qualify . .

mark it down

I don't think Richardson will have any effect. If AU wins 9-10 games.. everyone knows Tubs is solitified in his position and that is going to happen. In my earlier post I forgot to mention that both Mississippi schools are down also and Tennesse remains to be seen. I just can't see how Auburn can't have a good recruiting year. Alabama is just not the place to be right now. We have an exciting offense that really ought to help us attract some quality skilled position players.

i mean we had a pretty good year with nothing to sell last year. why would we expect anything but a better year this year? tubby's never failed on the recruiting trail. it's not going to start now.

i dunno much about specifics b/c i don't really look at that stuff till after the season. we'll be just fine.

He is probably just enjoying all the attention from the recruiters.

107942[/snapback]

That's exactly what he's doing. He was looking like an Auburn lock a couple of months ago, and a lot of schools cooled off on his recruiting.

He's getting a tutor on a regular basis and is going to improve his test scores. This kid is a manchild and we'll see him on the field next fall.

IF you buy into the Insiders formula of rating, LSWHO, UGA, UF are leading the pack handily. The majority of our commits are rated 3's while LSU, UGA and UF have several 4 rated players. It's a mystery to me why more 4 and 5 rated players don't commit to us since we obviously have one of the most up and coming programs in the country. If you look at scheduled visits, UGA, UF and LSU all have scheduled visits with outstanding players while AU has none scheduled. WHY? Don't get me wrong either, I know Tubs always pulls out an outstanding class in the end but why they wait so long relative to other schools is a mystery. By the way, Bammer's recruiting sucks right now.....most are two's and three's with two nothings. That is surprizing considering their GREAT Tradition... :no: WDE! :au::au::au:

Postscript: By the way, according to info I have here are some of the players we are still STRONGLY in the running for as of 10-5-2004.

Alonzo Horton LB 6-3 215 New Orleans, La. ****

Roderick Battle DE 6-4 243 Atlanta, Ga.****

Ahmad Mayo RB 5-9 210 Griffin, Ga. ***

Mike Holton TE 6-4 245 Pompano, Beach Fla. ***

Darius Dewberry LB 6-4 218 Fort Valley, Ga. ****

Montez Billings WR 6-4 185 Pelham, Ala.***

Jerrell Powe DT 6-3 322 Waynesboro, Miss. *****

Eric Sledge WR 6-3 185 Apopka, Fla. ***

Careg Bonner TE 6-3 230 Huntsville, Ala. ***

Tommy Trott TE 6-4 240 Montgomery, Ala. ****

Dorian Munroe S 6-2 185 Miami, Fla. ****

Gable McKenzie TE 6-3 215 Mobile, Alabama ****

Anquez Jackson OL 6-3 340 Fairfield, Ala. ***

Obviously, we are deep at every position but you can always use men on the OL and DL and DB. We seem set at QB and running back with Cox, Stewart, Lester, Smith, Irons and co. We need to start to look for great WR's with Obomanu and Oromoshodu Juniors although we have Courtney Taylor and a host of others coming along. Also, you can always use LB's. I feel that Tubs will meet our needs and as someone else said, you can recruit them, but can you coach them. I think Tubs and this staff can. WDE :au:

IF anyone else has news, please post it as it comes in......

Archived