CTT's last year at Auburn

Wishbone

There has been alot of talk about this being CTT last year at Auburn if he has a good year. Since he looks to have at worst a 2 loss season, will CTT leave for greener pastures at the end of the season? I would have to give it a 50-50 chance.

:bounce::drink1:

You might want to think about switching to Light Beer or, even better, lay off the sauce alltogether. :blink:

I think not. Can you imagine the support he will have in the bank for harder times, if we do as well as we should this year? But just in case, win or lose, write, email, carrier pigeon if you have to, or whatever to let the AU powers know we are on the right track!

WDE!!!!!!! :au:

If we do really well i would have to say the chances are too goo. Who would stick around here with the type of support he has received if he gets a big time offer? Especially after what Richardson said a couple of weeks ago.

People were saying this before the season even started. Don't forget that CTT took some serious heat this past year and elements at Auburn tried to have him fired behind his back.

I hope he stays. I think CTT's main value to Auburn is off the field.

It won't be any greener as far as compensation is concerned. AU always has paid its coaches well and no one is going to come up with much more spending cabbage than we fork out.

There is no place that can trump our facilities either and they're getting better every year. There are a ton of schools with great facilities but nowhere is gonna' beat what we have.

The only way I see him leaving is if the relationships that were screwed up last year are causing a crappy working environment. I still say if Tubs comes out of this with a 9 win regular season, great bowl etc. we oughta' support him even more and be glad we've got a class guy and a winning coach.

It won't be any greener as far as compensation is concerned.  AU always has paid its coaches well and no one is going to come up with much more spending cabbage than we fork out.

There is no place that can trump our facilities either and they're getting better every year.  There are a ton of schools with great facilities but nowhere is gonna' beat what we have.

The only way I see him leaving is if the relationships that were screwed up last year are causing a crappy working environment.  I still say if Tubs comes out of this with a 9 win regular season, great bowl etc. we oughta' support him even more and be glad we've got a class guy and a winning coach.

107926[/snapback]

:hail:

There are times when getting to talk to a few people that treally know WTH they are talking about comes in handy.

Without tipping my hand here, you guys are so off base it is scary that you call yourself AU fans. Anything is possible. I could win the Triathlon I guess, me and my 250# body and 42 years of age. Hey , It could happen.... :lol:

CTT can do anything he wants and he would like a friendly AD and I bet he stays longer than he has been here upto now. Get the AD right and see if I am not right.

CTT has built a great program up at AU. He wont leave it for nothing at its height. I bet he would want to stay and enjoy the success. :yes:

Realistically, why would a top flight program go after CTT? He is regarded as a mid-level coach I think they would rather go after an up and coming coach from a smaller program like Utah's coach.

CTT's strength in my opinion is scouting unrecognized talent and developing talent. His other strength is off the field development of his players. As far as game time coaching, he has only been as good as his coordinators. CTT's is underrated as a coach nationally and this is good for Auburn.

you do not know how much that i hope you're right,dk....i just can't stand the thought of coach tubs leaving....i promise you, i could not support the next coach like i have coach tubs,no matter who he would be

Bone, the problem with that is that in this day and age, it only takes one good year. If you win big one year, you're suddenly the hottest commodity on the coaching scene. CTT is not viewed around the country as some around here see him. He's had a winning record all but one year, his first in a rebuilding season. Don't forget, everyone doesn't expect a 10-1 season year after year.

I brought this up last week. Where would he go thats better than Auburn? LSU if Saban Bolts, Miami if things go really bad. Penn St. if Joe comes to Reality. ND if they get rid ot Tye. FSU if Bowdn retires, which is unlikely. That's all that even qualify.

Archived