Louisiana Tech

SLAG-91

Anybody know what this bunch has besides Ryan Moats at RB?

This is a team that has scared the bejesus out of us before (16-14 in 1990, 48-41 (OT) in 2001) and generally plays us pretty tough. I don't expect a walkover in this one.

THIS game, more so than the TN game, will show what this team is made of. I hope the coaches work 'em hard this week on the practice field. The SENIORS should be able to take the message to the rest of the team. LOSE to la tech and a promising season is a lot less promising. I am confident that we will be ready to play and get better.

WAR EAGLE ! ! :au:

well just looking at some box scores, i think they may be running a two quarterback system with one of them doing almost all of the passing lately (pretty good numbers against fresno and ut). they also seem to really be hurt by power running games. ut, miami, fresno all had good results there.

i worry about every game that we could even potentially lose so this one is just another in the series. i just don't think that any team can run the ball down our throats. if they can't do that, i don't see them being able to consistently score on us, BUT closer than the experts think in the sandwich game.

LOUISIANA TECH 2004 SCHEDULE

Sep 6 vs Nevada W, 38-21

Sep 11 vs La Lafayette W, 24-20

Sep 18 at Miami L, 48-0

Sep 25 at Tennessee L, 42-17

Oct 2 vs Fresno State W, 28-21

Oct 9 at Auburn 3:30 PM

Oct 16 at SMU 6:00 PM

Oct 23 vs UTEP 3:00 PM

Nov 6 at Hawaii 11:00 PM

Nov 13 vs Tulsa 7:00 PM

Nov 20 at Boise State 3:00 PM

Nov 27 at Rice 3:00 PM

Well lets see they are a WAC team that has beat Nevada (2-3 WAC), La Lafayette (3-2 Sunbelt), and Fresno State (3-1 WAC) and lost to Miami (4-0 ACC) and Tennessee (3-1 SEC). I think they have some talent but not enough to hang with a very good ACC team or a pretty good SEC team who we just pummeled. If we cannot duplicate the Tennessee win over La Tech we are not doing very well at all.

If we show up to just go thru the motions this can be a long drawn out battle but if we have our B+ game it should be no contest.

Auburn 45 Louisiana Tech 13

I understand why some of you guys are worried but don't be rediculous. We should take this game seriously and we will. Didn't this team get beat down like 42-10 two weeks ago by tennessee? I am really not worried about this one. But I will tell you that I am very worried about the game against :arky: coming up in two weeks. The hogs are dangerous.

Well lets see they are a WAC team that has beat Nevada (2-3 WAC), La Lafayette (3-2 Sunbelt), and Fresno State (3-1 WAC) and lost to Miami (4-0 ACC) and Tennessee (3-1 SEC). I think they have some talent but not enough to hang with a very good ACC team or a pretty good SEC team who we just pummeled. If we cannot duplicate the Tennessee win over La Tech we are not doing very well at all.

If we show up to just go thru the motions this can be a long drawn out battle but if we have our B+ game it should be no contest.

Auburn 45 Louisiana Tech 13

108095[/snapback]

It would appear that under Borges, Auburn will do what is needed to win these patsy games and nothing more ( 31 against ULM and 33 against Citadel ). I see more "vanilla" offense unless the Bulldogs actually make it a tight game.

The good thing about La Tech beating Fresno this past week is, that it won't be too hard for us to get up for this game.

La Tech is not great, but they are not bad either. Should be a good game (physical, not score wise).

Got a couple of friends from La Tech coming over for the game. Should be a blast!

La Tech is the kind of team you ought to pound into dust, but will jump up and bite you if you lollygag around. The UT beat down was exacerbated by the loss of two starting offensive linemen and their QB was hurt early in the game.

It would appear that under Borges, Auburn will do what is needed to win these patsy games and nothing more ( 31 against ULM and 33 against Citadel ). I see more "vanilla" offense unless the Bulldogs actually make it a tight game.

108111[/snapback]

Stat,

I hope we don't see any more vanilla. The time for that has passed. Every SEC teams' scouts have seen what we did against LSU at home and on the road against UT. I want to see Borges give Jason the green light for two reasons: (1) Execution. At this point in the season, our O has to start executing better more than we have to keep opponents from seeing what we do. Not to be too critical but the blocking needs a lot of work, downfield blocking especially. And after some of the running plays where CW is fighting just to get back to the LOS, I see way too many of our OL standing around watching CW get gang tackled. That won't cut it against UGA or the SECCG or a BCS Bowl game. We need to see those prime movers staying low & surging about 2-yds on the other side of the LOS. You don't get better by playing vanilla. You get better by running your bread & butter plays in a game situation to perfection. (2) Changing the mindset. They need to be thinking they can score at will every time we get the ball. Develop that mindset now in these games & don't wait for the championship game(s) to turn it on.

this season has become like those in the 80's and early 90's, nerve-wracking no matter who we play....since i had my heart attack, i have tried to remain calm and not get all uptight and freaky,but last week was unlike any week that i have had since the 90's....i started worrying,and sweating and freakin'out on sunday afternoon and by friday i was experiencing some mild chest pains(not cardiac related,but tension and stress)and had become a nervous wreck because of the significance of what a win could mean.....i put my boat in the shed 2 weeks ago because i can't get far enough away from a radio to go(i did carry one,but the interference from the trolling motor kept messing it up and i really couldn't pay attention to fishing or the radio)....my wife has put the K-Y jelly back in the medicine cabinet because i can't do that either..... and to make matters even worse, i'm constipated since saturday on top on everything else.....after the win against tenn., i thought i could relax a bit, but the performance by UGA saturday afternoon kept me from starting to worry about them....then, i find out that la.tech beat fresno st and now i have to worry about them because they seem to always play the hell out of us....i do want to win the NC before i die,but i do not want it to THE CAUSE OF DEATH.....any of you guys getting like this?.....i'm 50 years old and should have more damn sense than this

my wife has put the K-Y jelly back in the medicine cabinet because i can't do that either..... and to make matters even worse, i'm constipated since saturday on top on everything else.....

108191[/snapback]

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiikes, TT. Could you spare us the details next time? :poke:

Tom

ROTFLMAO That was about the funniest thing I have read in a while. Brought back memories of Fred Samford's fake heart attacks.

that may be a little much even for me, BUT i do appreciate any over the top comedic commentary. so bravo.

as for the game, what's the general consesus on how we're going to play? one guy says vanilla; another says wide open. i personally think we're going to make some of the shifts and things, but we're going to run a LOT more than we throw. one of the great things about games like this is that they can be a chance to remind people how good carnell and ronnie are so that they don't start playing pass coverage first against jason. keep 'em at the line b/c those two (and our oline at times) are good enough to still pick up yards.

dude, tombigbee, some perspective is in order...seriously.

Thanks for the info...maybe the best thing that could have happened was LT beating a ranked team last week...kinda blew any cover they might have had.

my wife has put the K-Y jelly back in the medicine cabinet because i can't do that either..... i'm 50 years old and should have more damn sense than this

108191[/snapback]

If you are 50 and the missus still needs the Kentucky Jelly... I salute you sir.

Hopefuly Ryan Moats will need some of that Kentucky Jelly after Auburn's Defense gets hold of him.

Tom

I know that you have a serious condition and I understand how you feel that Auburn will never win a MNC while you are alive. I have said that the end of the world will be near when Auburn wins a NC. Now that Auburn is 5-0 I have more use for the Bible than the pay per view and Kleenex in the Holiday inn. :rolleyes:

People. Calm down. This is a team that allows 400 yards and 4 TDs per game. Opponents average 4.6 YPC against them, netting 176 YGP rushing. They have the 81st ranked defense in the nation and only the 61st ranked offense. Look for a score along the lines of Citadel. Be happy. :big:

Amen, Taxman!

Borges will pick whatever score he wants. He will use whatever plays he wants to show--either to keep good stuff hidden or show a wrinkle or two to drive Nutt nuts.

The last thing I want is a smug, lackadaisical group. But these guys got the message about BigHead Disease last year and the coaching staff won't let things go south.

Archived