Disappointed with what I saw yesterday and it is not what you think!

Auburn2000

Yesterday was the first Auburn football game for my family as a whole. I have been going to Auburn games since the mid 90’s but this game was my son’s first game. What disappointed me the most was not the play of the team or the fans leaving early, but one fan that was completely rude and aggressive toward the people around him. At one point, I almost got into a fight with this guy! I took all I could and finally l had to say something. It almost got bad and at that point I was ready to go to jail. I could not believe that an Auburn man would treat his follow Auburn fans like that. Unfortunately for me and my family we have season tickets right behind him.  :( :(

The bright side of this was all the true Auburn men and women who stood up and was ready to have my back. Several came forward and were right there with me.  :thumbsup:  In fact several stated that this man was known for being a complete ________ whole! 

My suggestion would be to report him with section, row and seat to the authorities if he starts it next week.  They will watch him and can remove him if they deem it necessary.  No sense in you getting yourself removed by fighting him.  If everybody around him feels the way you do then it will be easy to convince the authorities he needs to go.  

After I said something to him, he calmed down. I am worried about next week so I am going to take y'all's advice and talk with the proper authorities both this week through email and once I enter the stadium Saturday.

If you don't me asking. What section and row are you located?  I moved my seats two years ago because of a certain fan that had season tickets. My wife finally had enough and said to move our seats or she would not be back.

are you kidding? dont give in to these type jerks and move seats. thats why AU implemented the texting system they now use. AU is serious about maintaining a family friendly atmosphere. one quick text and they will come take out the trash for you without you even having to leave your seat or miss a single play. season ticket holders can and are banned for repeat violations such as this. report his a$$ every time he gets out of line or profane and he will be a distant memory in a few games. its amazing how quickly people forget that attending an AU game is a privilege and not a right.

Does anyone have the number you text to report unruly fans during the game?

Is this a younger guy say mid 20's? I ask because last year at the ark st. game we had one just like that and i believe we were in sec 48. Bought tickets before game from scalper. Me and my brother in law had our two young sons so we didnt want to go in cuffs but he was terrible and he was cussing some senior adults who tried to be nice to him. It was miserable but I was trying to also teach my son a life lesson about being the better man.

No, he was an older man but did have his son with him who was in his mid 20's. He tried to speak up once but seem to be more level headed.  I understand what you mean by trying to teach your son about being the better man. Both of my children were there and that is what I keep telling myself. I don't want to teach my children to act like that or to get into fights with people like that. I just hate that he took away from the whole Auburn experince for my family and the others around us.

He said my son bumped him twice, which may have been true. However, the way he turned around and spoke to my wife was totally uncalled for. When I jumped up  and told him how this was going to go he just sat back down and would look over his sholder every time my son or little girl (9 years old) would move or cheer. I think God he did not say something to or touch one of them!! The people around us were very nice and said our children did great.

I know what you mean. There was a loud and obnoxious drunk about six rows up in our section 51 and a bunch of us stood up and began giving him heck about his behavior. He finally shut up, but if he starts it up again then I' call the sheriff deputies in. You either all in or you need to GET OUT! WDE

I noticed this too. The fans in my section were fine, but walking around campus before and after the game, the fans were alot ruder than they usual. People had no problem walking into you or knocking you out of their way.

Yesterday was the first Auburn football game for my family as a whole. I have been going to Auburn games since the mid 90’s but this game was my son’s first game. What disappointed me the most was not the play of the team or the fans leaving early, but one fan that was completely rude and aggressive toward the people around him. At one point, I almost got into a fight with this guy! I took all I could and finally l had to say something. It almost got bad and at that point I was ready to go to jail. I could not believe that an Auburn man would treat his follow Auburn fans like that. Unfortunately for me and my family we have season tickets right behind him.  :( :(

The bright side of this was all the true Auburn men and women who stood up and was ready to have my back. Several came forward and were right there with me.  :thumbsup:  In fact several stated that this man was known for being a complete ________ whole!   

Sorry you had to experience that.  I'd rather lose every game than have the Auburn fan base lose their class.  It always makes me so sad when I'm on campus and hear things that are rude or inappropriate coming from someone in orange and blue (you know when Florida isn't in town, then it's expected). 

Stay classy Auburn.

I'm not sure if it's still the same number, but I know that the service is called "GuestAssist", and it's used at several NFL, MLB, etc.. stadiums, and AU was the first college team to partner with them back in '09.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is still accurate or not, but it used to be.....

To contact them during the game, you would text the word AUBURN and your message to 78247, and they will respond to you.

Ex: In your situation, you'd text... "AUBURN -- Section 48, Row ??, Seat ?? -- There is a drunk man who is acting like an idiot, cursing, and bothering everyone around him."  Then they would reply with something like... "Thank you. Security is on it's way."

It's VERY convenient!  :D

I'm not sure if it's still the same number, but I know that the service is called "GuestAssist", and it's used at several NFL, MLB, etc.. stadiums, and AU was the first college team to partner with them back in '09.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is still accurate or not, but it used to be.....

To contact them during the game, you would text the word AUBURN and your message to 78247, and they will respond to you.

Ex: In your situation, you'd text... "AUBURN -- Section 48, Row ??, Seat ?? -- There is a drunk man who is acting like an idiot, cursing, and bothering everyone around him."  Then they would reply with something like... "Thank you. Security is on it's way."

It's VERY convenient!  :D

I'm glad my wife didn't have that info Saturday.  She would have used it on me and I was at home watching on TV.

:cool:  :laugh:

Just so we don't think that Auburn fans have become classless jerks...I was proud to see the AU fans in section 33 (my season tix are there) applaud UtahSt for a valiant effort. Sadly, all fan bases have their share of jerks and classless losers but AU fans are the nicest, friendliest I've seen. I've been to every SEC stadium as well as many other venues around the country and I can say without doubt that we as a fan base are unique. We are what makes Auburn Great! 

Teyeger, what part of 33 are you in. Our seats are on row 19. I was happy that our fans clapped for their team as well, they sure did deserve it and one of their fans made a point to mention that on one of their message boards.

Archived