Very surprising stat

AustinTiger

If I'm reading this article correctly: (near the end)

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...96795380650.xml

Then comparing Carnell's first 5 games of this year vs last year, he has more total

carries this year, and a slightly higher average per carry (although the difference

in YPC is trivial).

Now, considering how CAB has a very well rounded strategy, it is not that surprising.

But considering how much time Ronnie Brown has been on the field too, and how much

attention the passing game has been getting, its very surprising on just a gut emotional

level. Pretty cool too.

Makes me feel very good. Last year it seemed like our game plan was "Give to Carnell".

When that failed, Plan B was "pass every down", hence all those losses where Carnell

touched the ball like three times in the second half.

That is somewhat surprising to me because Carnell hasn't broken a extremely long run this year, but then again,this year we have a coordinator who knows how to coach.

Hugh Nall has also done a very fine job with the O line this year. I haven't noticed teams being able to put as many people right on the line of scrimmage in order to stop the run. This year they have to worry about our recievers, which is something that in past years they probably haven't worried about. Carnell deserves a lot of credit, but I think that maybe his teammates around him executing better (offensive line and recievers), along with an offensive coordinator that knows how to coach effectively, has a ton to do with Carnell's YPC and total rushing yards. Whatever they are doing, I hope they keep it up, cause it's AWESOME to watch a team like we have this year. WAR EAGLE, and bring on LA TECH !! :au:

Another cool stat...Auburn has something like 8 receivers that have a catch for 30 or more yards this year, including a running back. I can't remember us having that many big passing plays in only a 5 game stretch.

I'll just guess, but I would think another reason CW numbers are up is because last year we were 3 and out a lot of the time. The longer AU keeps the ball the more CW AND RB get carries.

Remember it took us until the 3rd game before we scored a TD.

Archived