AU's Offense (2003 vs 2004)

88Tiger

Why is the AU's '04 offense so superior to AU's '03?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Why is the AU's '04 offense so superior to AU's '03?

• Jason Campbell's maturity at QB...
    • WRs more expericenced in 2004...
    • RB's desire to win becoming contagious...
    • Offensive Line play...
    • Finally having an OC who knows what he's doing...
    • Weaker than expected competition thus far...
    • Favorable schedule...

The talent has been there...the quality of coaching was missing last year.

All those little stars beside your name on the recruiting websites mean nothing without the coaching.

I chose the OC option, but I do think it is a combination of a few of those other ones also. I do think they all stem from having better offensive coaching though.

JC has matured and playing as we all hoped and felt he could.. WR's are playing better.. and our schedule is more favorable than last years. That said, I think if we had Al Borges last year we would have won 10 games.

This isn't anywhere NEAR the same offense as last year. It's so totally different it's not even funny. You can't put a value on your opponents inablity to read your playbook in the formations you line up in. The shifts and play-action plays (as well as the screen passes) have put our offense head and shoulders above our offense of the last 3 years, much less last years. So I'll give the nod to OC coaching AND the maturity (finally!) of JC.

As far as defense, you gotta give a lot of credit to the guys up front. They've done a WONDERFUL job of picking up where we left off last year. These guys are MUCH faster than any DL I can remember at Auburn. Not to mention the LB's have learned their craft very well.

We're just a team that is well put together and is gelling better than I ever gave them credit for. It's truly great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!

We're just a team that is well put together and is gelling better than I ever gave them credit for.  It's truly great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!

108408[/snapback]

Amen to that! War Damn Eagle! :au:

I think its a new OC, Jason's maturity, a better than expected defense, and someone stepping forward at the WR position. An improved kicking game doesn't hurt either. It's all of them! :au:

Archived