Most Valuable Offensive Player

88Tiger

Which player has been and will continue to be most critical to our offense this year?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has been and will continue to be most critical to our offense this year?

• Jason Campbell...
    • Carnell Williams...
    • Ronnie Brown...
    • Courtney Taylor...
    • Ben Obamanu...
    • Devin Aromashodu...
    • Silas Daniels...
    • Anthony Mix...
    • Cooper Wallace...
    • ANY of the lineman...

When you look at this poll, the thing that stands out is some of the quality depth we have on this team. this is not a "one-man" offense.

If I could vote for Jason Campbell three times, I would. He doesn't even have to win ballgames, he just has the face and the voice that the offense needs to see and hear, in the huddle. Confidence and stability is everything. I've seen Jason audible into four plays this year(I haven't watched every game, so I'm sure he's done it more) and every time he audibles, Carnell or Ronnie run and pick up 10-15 yards. The guy knows what he's looking for as he approaches the line of scrimmage, and puts AU in the best situation possible. I feel sorry for any kid that's had to learn four different offenses in four years, but he's really being coached to his abilities right now. Which makes him that much more of a presence in th huddle.

As good as carnell is, Ronnie has made ALL the difference to me!

When he s not running hard witht he ball, he is making great blocks or running pass routes taking defenders with him.

He is a threat everywhere and has been his whole tenure.

Until this year, no one feared campbell.

Believe it or not, I went with Courtney Taylor on this one. He's been our one TRUE playmaker this year. He gets it done and gets it done in the clutch. That's not to take away from JC, because I really think he's showing the potential that I always knew he had. But CT has stepped up.

And I could do without Cooper "Stonefingers" Wallace. Great blocker, but not a great pass catcher BY ANY MEANS!!!

I am NOT voting in this poll, and SHAME ON ALL OF YOU FOR DOING IT!!!!! Don't you understand about tempting fate? Toying with the football gods? How things like this can come back to bite you in the butt!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :no:

ANY of the above would be our worst nightmare, so let's don't even SPECULATE on it!!! :huh:

Jenny...this is not about that. This poll is about who is most intregal to the offense right now.

It's similar to the way a lot of voters vote for MVPs...they ask "if you remove player 'x' from his team, how dramaitcally is the team effected".

This is the same thing...the bottom line is WHO IS THE MOST VALUABLE OFFENSIVE PLAYER!

I think it's pointing out how intrgal JC has become despite all the naysayers over the last few years...

Honestly, I think we could lose any one person from the offense and still be dangerous. I would rather not lose anyone, though. In fact, if Carnell, Ronnie, Danny, and Jason can some how get another year I would welcome them back.

:au:

reb dawg - I agree with you.

losing a WR would stink - but with Devin, Ben, Courtney, Mix, and Daniels, I think we can make up for it.

Losing Carnell or Ronnie would stink - but the other can carry the load and we have Smith and Stewart on teh side line

Wallace would hurt, but we still have Bennett and could move Mix back if we had to

Our OL is pretty deep, so losing one can be fixed

Losing Campbell woudl be the worst -but I also look forward to watching Cox run it next year.

Jenny...this is not about that.  This poll is about who is most intregal to the offense right now.

It's similar to the way a lot of voters vote for MVPs...they ask "if you remove player 'x' from his team, how dramaitcally is the team effected". 

This is the same thing...the bottom line is WHO IS THE MOST VALUABLE OFFENSIVE PLAYER!

I think it's pointing out how intrgal JC has become despite all the naysayers over the last few years...

108432[/snapback]

Then it should be phrased that way - "If you took Player X out of the picture..." as opposed to "Who can we least afford to lose?" I know I am silly to be superstitious and all, but those words scare me to death. I guess I have just been an Auburn fan too long! :lol:

OK one of you MODS or ADMINS...fix it because I can't reword it once it's up...

OK Jenny now you've got me spooked...LOL

Hey Jenny, you need to get a copy of WarTim's "It's OK to be good" speech.

He's talked me down off of ledges before with that one. The last time was this past Saturday. He just kept telling me " It's gonna take a while for it to sink in, that bad things don't have to happen just because you're an Auburn fan".

I'm sure he's available for long-distance counseling as well, he probably accepts Paypal, too.!!

Seriously though, I couldn't vote in this poll either. Paranoia will destroy ya.

I talk about how great Auburn is, how we kicked "_____'s" butt", how so-and-so is an awesome player... on January 15th. (I even give it a few extra days "jsut in case".) :blink:

I'd rather be unnecessarily paranoid than spend the rest of the season feeling guilty because my hubris and ego trashed the team. It's all about me, you know.

:D:D:D:D

Oh, and I am the one who edited the title and poll question. Just trying to appease the football gods. :hail:

Jenny, what jaydubb didn't tell you is that I have a '93 sweatband on my right wrist when we are on offense and it is switched to the left wrist when we are on defense.

That and COUNTLESS other very important rituals. You are not alone. IT is all about ME too. :big:

WAR EAGLE & remember, We are AUBURN ! ! :au:

ENJOY the season! :)

Archived