Oh Good Lord!

chuck

When did our dear coach become a packers fan ;)

108468[/snapback]

This past Saturday in Athens. :big:

someone please explain the corndog thing to me it is hillarius. by the way , have you ever seen more arrogant fans in your life than those lsu fans walking around Jordan Hare before our game handing out beads with there chests puffed out chanting nat champs. I enjoyed walking up to each group and saying "o look it"s the COchamps" that really bothered them. :big:

someone please explain the corndog thing to me it is hillarius. by the way , have you ever seen  more arrogant fans in your life than those lsu fans walking around Jordan Hare before our game handing out beads with there chests puffed out chanting nat champs. I enjoyed walking up to each group and saying "o look it"s the COchamps" that really bothered them. :big:

109069[/snapback]

Why LSU fans are like corndogs.

I did a search on the internet and came up with this:

"The link between LSU and the Corndog, one of America’s favorite foods, is a long and prestigious one. It was in 1903 that famous LSU alumnus and school president Col. Hieronymous Bertrand invented the corndog. Soon corndog fever swept the country and LSU looking to absorb some of the notoriety actually replaced “Tigers” with “Corndogs” for the 1905-1908 season. When some students complained that “Corndogs” wasn’t tough enough LSU added the “fighting” prefix, making the famous LSU “fighting corndogs”, pride of Louisiana. Gold was added to LSU’s official colors to represent mustard. However, soon after the national fad passed LSU went back to their traditional name of “Tigers”, but the corndog has remained an integral part of their football tradition. Even today LSU fans still show their passion for the corndog on football Saturday’s. Sadly, the only official link between LSU and the Corndog is Col. Betrand’s famous secret corndog recipe, which is passed by word of mouth from one LSU head Coach to his successor, who alone bears the burden of the sacred knowledge."

youngfrank234.jpeg

Col. Hieronymous Bertrand, LSU alumnus and inventor of the Corndog

Rfootball.jpg

1909 LSU fighting corndogs

nicksabanlsucoach.jpg

Current keeper of the sacred corndog recipe

Archived