Almost like a bye week

wesfau

OK, I know we have LaTech this weekend. I know that we shouldn't overlook any opponent....

BUT....

I'm having a hard time getting excited this week. Last week I couldn't concentrate on anything. This week I just can't get into it.

Someone help me. Put the fear into me or something. I'm bored. :blink:

:au: I'm still excited about this game, as I am with every game. I hope that everyone involved with the team takes this thing one game at a time. If they don't, they might get bitten more than once. :au:

:au: I'm still excited about this game, as I am with every game.  I hope that everyone involved with the team takes this thing one game at a time.  If they don't, they might get bitten more than once. :au:

108462[/snapback]

Yes, I hope that the coaches and players are taking this game seriously, but as a fan, how do I get excited about this? I'm not shelling out the $$ for PPV, I'm not going to the game....

Help a brotha out. What can I do to rekindle the flame?

One name:

Ryan Moats

Rushing Leaders

1. Cedric Benson 4 98 746 7.6 186.5 7 Texas

2. Ryan Moats 5 136 928 6.8 185.6 9 Louisiana Tech

3. Vernand Morency 4 104 704 6.8 176.0 6 Oklahoma St.

4. Maurice Drew 4 80 669 8.4 167.3 7 UCLA

5. J.j. Arrington 3 54 466 8.6 155.3 7 California

Stats against 3 ranked teams:

Miami Ryan Moats 14 81 5.8 21 0

Tenn Ryan Moats 21 97 4.6 37 1

Fres Ryan Moats 34 236 6.9 83 4

I think we need to show Ryan a REAL D!

:au::au::au:

For those that think la tech is not an important game, imagine IF we were to LOSE.

Now that you have that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, GET FIRED UP ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

ONE AT A TIME ! ! ! ! :football:

How about some numbers?

That is what Fresno State was ranked before playing La Tech.

Yards Ryan Moats is averaging per carry and that is against teams like Miami, Fresno St. and UTK.

TD's Ryan Moats has scored so far this year and that is against teams like Miami, Fresno St. and UTK.

Yards per game average of Ryan Moats and once again that is against teams like Miami, Fresno St. and UTK.

20-19

Score LA Tech beat Michigan St. by last year.

39-36

Score LA Tech beat OK St. by in 2002.

30-14

Score LA Tech beat So. Miss by in 1991.

29-28

Score of the 1999 game where LA Tech beat Bama (SEC champs) on their homecoming.

26-20

Score of the 1997 game where LA Tech beat Bama on their homecoming.

16-14

Score of 1990 game where LA Tech lost to Auburn on our homecoming.

48-41

Score of the 2001 game where LA Tech lost in OT to Auburn on our homecoming.

There is plenty to fear from this team. I fear them more than I do KY or Ole Miss.

i think this is a very capable team...

they were w/ UT for a large portion of that game...

they have that running back...

they played miamuh pretty tough, even though the score doesn't reflect it.

i'm a pessimist by nature, and therefore, this game does indeed worry me a bit.

can you spell l-e-t-d-o-w-n?

ct

48-41

Score of the 2001 game where LA Tech lost in OT to Auburn on our homecoming

When i opened and read the beginning of this thread, this is exactly what i wanted to point out. Last time we played these guys they took us to overtime. Frankly, nothing abut this weekend spells bye week. This is gonna be a tough game whether you wanna believe it or not. They just beat a very decent Fresno St. team that was picked by everyone to win. After the Citadel game on our schedule no game is a gimme....NONE! :no: This game scares me more than any game on our schedule at this point....After a big win like at UT there is always a let down game and guys sorry, but this could be that game we aren't suppose to lose but do if we overlook this one for Arky....

now ya'll are starting to get it....this why i stay constipated so much during football season....this why my wife can walk around naked and no one notices but the neighbors.....this is why i don't know if i am winding my ass or scrathing my watch.....this why i drive 20 miles past the place that i intended to stop at and don't remember doing it....its pressure time

We've been waiting for "that special season" for a long time, how can you not want to be a part of each and every game? I was talking to friends before the Citadel game and they kept asking why I wanted to go: I replied that if (and that's a big if) this is our year, I want to be in the stands for every game.

We may not win it all, but our guys deserve a full house at home every time we play!!!!!!!! Get Fired Up and lets put butts in every seat!!!!!!!!!!

War Eagle

We've been waiting for "that special season" for a long time, how can you not want to be a part of each and every game?  I was talking to friends before the Citadel game and they kept asking why I wanted to go:  I replied that if (and that's a big if) this is our year, I want to be in the stands for every game.

We may not win it all, but our guys deserve a full house at home every time we play!!!!!!!!  Get Fired Up and lets put butts in every seat!!!!!!!!!!

War Eagle

108509[/snapback]

B I N G O ! ! !

I would not want to miss a single play. Plus, I have got a big mouth and a good set of lungs that might be missed amongst several thousand of my closest friends ! ! ! :au:

WAR EAGLE ! ! !

You forgot one...

33 - The number of points allowed by our defense after five games. Lets keep in mind that 14 of these points were given up by our second team defense in the last four minutes of a game that was so lopsided it was disgraceful (MSU).

Tell Ryan to bring his running game to JH and see how far he gets. I'd like to see Cadillac AND Ronnie Brown double him up.

WDE :au:

I hope you guys don't overlook this team. they are capable on any given day. If AU is flat it could be interesting. I would still believe that AU would win with your running game which is outstanding.

I firmly believe that AU has a shot at the NC. IF you bring your A game it will be ugly. if not then Louisiana Tech does have the team to make it interesting.

Good luck in the game and don't slip up!!

:ut:

That is what Fresno State was ranked before playing La Tech.

Yep, and Fresno state was a 12 point favorite and got smoked by La Tech.

The big "bulletin board" material at UGA right now is a statement by UT's freshman cornerback (Fellows) stating that La Tech's receivers were "better than what UT will face at Georgia!"

Archived