Tuberville to be rewarded?

AUHansel

Actually, Richardson has been rock solid on this one. He said at the beginning that Tubs job security hinges on his job performance (like it should). Just like Campbell, Tuberville has now shown something that he has never previously shown - namely the ability NOT to embarrass his school on a national stage. And be clear, there is no sudden flip-flop love fest here. If Tubs does his job, he gets a big fat check and gets to keep his job. If he fails - he still gets a big fat check - but we get a new coach. There is nothing in the world wrong with revising your opinion of someone's skills due to their performance. That goes for Campbell, too. All Richardson is saying in this article is "So far, it looks like he's stepped it up - but the season's not over yet".

Actually, Richardson has been rock solid on this one.  He said at the beginning that Tubs job security hinges on his job performance (like it should).  Just like Campbell, Tuberville has now shown something that he has never previously shown - namely the ability NOT to embarrass his school on a national stage.  And be clear, there is no sudden flip-flop love fest here.  If Tubs does his job, he gets a big fat check and gets to keep his job.  If he fails - he still gets a big fat check - but we get a new coach.  There is nothing in the world wrong with revising your opinion of someone's skills due to their performance.  That goes for Campbell, too.  All Richardson is saying in this article is "So far, it looks like he's stepped it up - but the season's not over yet".

108567[/snapback]

Yes, but wouldn't we all agree that the President and AD should get behind their Head Coach and keep their mouths shut till the end of the season?

Have we heard any other school's president talking about job securtiy so publicly? :no:

Yes, but wouldn't we all agree that the President and AD should get behind their Head Coach and keep their mouths shut till the end of the season?

Have we heard any other school's president talking about job securtiy so publicly?  :no:

108583[/snapback]

Ok you got me there. It could be viewed as tactless to openly discuss someones job status. But the "get behing someone until the end of the season" thing has alway bothered me. What happens at the end of the season? To make a change, you'd have to stab the guy in the back. Personally I think it's refreshing to hear a public figure say what he means. Every AD everywhere has the same views as Richardson. "Win, or you're fired". There's too much money at stake in major college footbal to give the leeway that was given in the past. I know I'm in the minority, here, but I respect the honesty of Ed Richardson. People are still pissed that Lowder went behind Tommy's back to fire him. At least Ed has been upfront with Tuberville about what he needs to do to remain here. I suppose that he could have kept it between the two of them, though. But if the reporters didn't ask the questions, then he wouldn't answer them. The man's a heartless b*****d....But at least he's an honest heartless b*****d.

honest? ed richardson,honest?....the same ed richardson that said that high school football would be done away with if the damn sham tax bill wasn't passed?....the same ed richardson that spoke about the dire situation that the alabama educational system was in,that now has a $150 surplus?....i don't know constitutes honesty in your book,but in my book it is not defined by the word "politician"....and fast eddy is not to be trusted because of this....his association with the joke of a legislature of this state is enough to tar and feather him,not to mention the one with paul hubbard

By that logic CTT should be fired next year when our team is not a good as they are this year. Never mind that the Admin/BOT has screwed him in recruiting for a couple of years. It is all the Coaches fault!

honest? ed richardson,honest?....the same ed richardson that said that high school football would be done away with if the damn sham tax bill wasn't passed?....the same ed richardson that spoke about the dire situation that the alabama educational system was in,that now has a $150 surplus?....i don't know constitutes honesty in your book,but in my book it is not defined by the word "politician"....and fast eddy is not to be trusted because of this....his association with the joke of a legislature of this state is enough to tar and feather him,not to mention the one with paul hubbard

108620[/snapback]

OK. I really wasn't clear. I don't know his history. So I'll take your word that he's a snake. I was referring only to his dealings with Tuberville. On only that issue, he appears to be above board.

By that logic CTT should be fired next year when our team is not a good as they are this year.  Never mind that the Admin/BOT has screwed him in recruiting for a couple of years. It is all the Coaches fault!

108633[/snapback]

Well, not quite.....

If Tuberville shows himself capable of coaching from a top ten ranking, he will have shown progress. In my opinion, that deserves a "stay of execution". The knock against Tubs is that he's not a great coach (just a good one). If he can make a BCS bowl, win 10 games (both career firsts), then job security probably won't come up again seriously until Borges (and his coat tails) leaves. Sometimes it seems that your only as good as your last game, but look at Saban this year. Even if LSU goes 3-8, he will not be fired. That because he has a NC. What does Tubs have to save him (on-field performance).....3 shared SEC West Divisional "titles", and a couple of 9 win seasons (if you count 12 game schedules and multiple postseason games).

Archived